Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 7 Nov 2015, 13:46 (Ref:3588795)   #26
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here is a summary of VW's mounting financial and reputational woes.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/francesc...into-the-mire/
Old 11 Nov 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3589762)   #27
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah the CO2 allegations are a new level of bad for the company.

so i own a 2014 Jetta 1.8: TSI and to be honest i have never felt i have gotten the advertised gas mileage. no doubt most of it comes down to how i drive so i dismissed it to city driving, tires, the cold of Winnipeg etc but with this i have to wonder if there is a larger issue.

that said, everyone who owns an affected VW have at their fingertips a fuel mileage display (but who knows how well those even work)...if they were actually interested in fuel usage would they have/should they have noticed they were not getting what was advertised. perhaps they explained it away as i did.

but given the number of cars involved, im curious as to either why this took so long before anyone actually looked into this and/or how VW though they could get away with this for as long as they did?
Old 12 Jan 2016, 17:14 (Ref:3604107)   #28
Gungebucket
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cornwall, UK
Gungebucket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=GORDON STREETER;3576268]But people in the know have known these silly loopholes for years so why does it take America to shout first ? things like pumping air into the exhaust to dilute the gasses and DPFs that just simply collect "soot" and chuck it out "up the road" have been going on for a long time ![/QUO
I don't know where you got these ideas from but you really should be more careful before posting such misleading information. Try Googling "ManAirOx" for some correct information on "pumping air into the exhaust". DPFs do indeed collect the soot, but the soot is later burnt off during regeneration, either actively or passively. It is not just chucked out "up the road"!!
Old 12 Jan 2016, 20:04 (Ref:3604152)   #29
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=Gungebucket;3604107]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
But people in the know have known these silly loopholes for years so why does it take America to shout first ? things like pumping air into the exhaust to dilute the gasses and DPFs that just simply collect "soot" and chuck it out "up the road" have been going on for a long time ![/QUO
I don't know where you got these ideas from but you really should be more careful before posting such misleading information. Try Googling "ManAirOx" for some correct information on "pumping air into the exhaust". DPFs do indeed collect the soot, but the soot is later burnt off during regeneration, either actively or passively. It is not just chucked out "up the road"!!
Believe what you like but still being actively involved in the garage trade for the last 50 years tell me what you do for a living ?
I often have to do regenerations and "forced regenerations" on cars with DPFs and I would like you to stand behind a car whilst I am doing it and you may change your mind !!
As you have had a pop at me I suggest that you don't believe all what you read on the internet and find the real truth, I can be a "keyboard warrior" as well as you
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 Jan 2016, 08:29 (Ref:3604965)   #30
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Investigations now going on at Renault also. Evidently there is the suspicion that they too may have been cheating emission tests. Now there's a surprise. The VW situation is merely the tip of the iceberg.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:48 (Ref:3701321)   #31
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
bit of a bump here.

after looking like a settlement was near, the investigation took a new turn for at least one VW exec as he was arrested over the weekend by the American FBI arrested on a conspiracy charge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/09/bu...ettlement.html

with the turn over in the US gov't quickly approaching i cant help but feel there is a political game being played out but on the other hand the scale of the deception means that there should be greater consequences at the executive level of VW greater then just monetary fines.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 18:50 (Ref:3701346)   #32
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Certainly seems to be much deeper than I initially thought.

Executive salaries are sickening and I certainly agree that when the power is abused, harsh punishments should been issued.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 16:53 (Ref:3701625)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
this may be neither here nor there but i wonder how many VW exec are in Detroit right now for the auto show?

i have a mental image of private planes and VW execs fleeing the US at an alarming rate.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 22:55 (Ref:3701688)   #34
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just find it funny that West Virginia University did the study that uncovered this. Who is WVU's largest donor? The coal lobby!
Old 10 Jan 2017, 22:57 (Ref:3701690)   #35
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I just find it funny that West Virginia University did the study that uncovered this. Who is WVU's largest donor? The coal lobby!
Makes perfect sense
Old 11 Jan 2017, 09:40 (Ref:3701764)   #36
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Makes perfect sense
Smoke & Mirrors?