Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 1 Oct 2015, 15:01 (Ref:3578610)   #1
Bridget458
Rookie

Bridget458 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic Car Storage

Hi I have a warehouse in NW6 and am thinking of turning it into a storage facility for classic and 'nice' cars.
I would appreciate anyone's ideas on how popular you think this would be. It would have heating, security, burglar alarms, fire detectors etc.,
What would you pay for something like this?
Also if you were looking for a place to store your car, where would you start looking? Would you also look for somewhere that had a mechanic linked to it?
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks. B
Old 14 Oct 2015, 09:47 (Ref:3582735)   #2
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
eclectic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try talking to Historit at Bicester Heritage, they run something similar and you might glean some good advice by visiting them.

http://www.historit.co.uk

Steve McQueen.
Old 14 Oct 2015, 11:20 (Ref:3582755)   #3
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah brilliant - should go something like this:

Hello Historit I'm Bridget - I'm thinking of setting up an operation just like yours less than an hour away - could you let me know all the best ways I can compete....

Click .........
Old 14 Oct 2015, 11:46 (Ref:3582761)   #4
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relativtortoise View Post
Yeah brilliant - should go something like this:

Hello Historit I'm Bridget - I'm thinking of setting up an operation just like yours less than an hour away - could you let me know all the best ways I can compete....

Click .........
I can see that you are clearly a failed researcher Mr Tortoise!

Hello Historit,

I'm considering storing a car or two from my collection, can I come and visit your facilities.

When there.

How much a week? Can I take home a copy of the terms and conditions so I can think about it . Etc
Old 14 Oct 2015, 12:11 (Ref:3582765)   #5
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No - just a little more respect for Dan and the team
Old 14 Oct 2015, 13:47 (Ref:3582788)   #6
eclectic
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow, Scotland.
I don't really think that a warehouse in London NW6 would be in direct competition with Historit, which is why I made the suggestion in the first place..

My reply to Mr Tortoise was supposed to be light hearted as I presumed his comments were. Maybe I was mistaken? As I replied using my phone from the middle of a field I didn't have time to choose a suitable emoji to make that clear.

Firstly, the rates and costs are almost certainly far higher in London, thus her charges will be higher, leading to my next point.

Secondly, the new suggested facility will probably be serving a local market, for London based customers, unlike Bicester which is well outside the M25 and must draw customers from all over the South West, the Midlands as well as London.

There are plenty of storage companies spread around, Bridget would be wise to visit several before committing herself to starting a new business in a market which may be well be oversupplied already.

I have huge respect for the efforts Dan and his team are putting into making Bicester Heritage work, my suggestion was more by way of a compliment to Historit, who run an excellent operation rather than a lack of respect. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Maybe Bridget would be better looking at the type of secure garaging that is available in New York, where residents of Manhattan keep their supercars and classics that they do not wish to leave on the street, but wish to use at weekends.

They often include valeting services and sometimes workshops, particularly for bodywork and minor 'dings'.

Steve McQueen.