Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Jun 2020, 04:48 (Ref:3981972)   #601
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Ah the irony of this comment coming from someone with the screen name “masked racer”. 🤦*♂️
Oh I know. Came up with the screen name a long time a go cause I liked pro wrestling masks. Not these face coverings though which are useless, prevent you to breath properly, takes away the ability for people to interact and just overall sends nothing but a message of fear and obedience to some entity. Article link called "Cult of the Mask" https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/ind...lt-of-the-mask

The damage to the economy, to motor racing, to sports as a whole, etc is 100 times more because of the FEAR of the virus than the virus itself. I'm telling everybody there is nothing to be scared of. Lets get on with it. This virtual le mans is going on as I type this and it is no sub for the real thing. Not even close. I watch the IMSA Iracing stuff for about 10-15 minutes out of curiosity and then I turn off. Actually spent the last couple weeks on youtube checking out the all GT races (lime rock, vir) from 2018 and 2019. Will watch this year's Daytona 24 again soon too.

Grid sizes for remaining IMSA races are irrelevant to me at this point. It will be great to have them back regardless, even more so when fans can come back in person.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 13:24 (Ref:3982061)   #602
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
It will be great to have them back regardless, even more so when fans can come back in person.
Well, we can agree on that at least.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 20:33 (Ref:3982099)   #603
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So very very very much wrong with that post. Stop reading things that only agree with your position, and stop posting GARBAGE unresearched articles. That entire article is trash at best and propaganda at worst.

Masks are effective at slowing not stopping, don't set your bar at 100% or nothing, that's not science.
Effective accurate rates aren't truly known but best estimates are well over double the fatality rate and 10x or more transmissibility. The strain of not doing anything is multiple orders of magnitude greater than doing what's feasible. The actual rates won't ever truly be known but models are corrected constantly, it's called research. Learn more and correct the models, that's how real science works.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 07:41 (Ref:3982134)   #604
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
So very very very much wrong with that post. Stop reading things that only agree with your position, and stop posting GARBAGE unresearched articles. That entire article is trash at best and propaganda at worst.

Masks are effective at slowing not stopping, don't set your bar at 100% or nothing, that's not science.
Effective accurate rates aren't truly known but best estimates are well over double the fatality rate and 10x or more transmissibility. The strain of not doing anything is multiple orders of magnitude greater than doing what's feasible. The actual rates won't ever truly be known but models are corrected constantly, it's called research. Learn more and correct the models, that's how real science works.
Thank god you said it, because you're absolutely spot on and you worded it far better than I would.

The ignorance regarding how science works is ridiculous. And the arrogance of this demand to have 100% proof of a 100% effective solution is insane. You can tell me there's nothing to be scared of, but public health officials and organisations around the world disagree. And I'm going with these smart people who studied this stuff for decades.

It will be great when racing resumes properly. It will be great when fans go back. One day it should happen. Today is not that day.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 08:16 (Ref:3982138)   #605
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
This is a tricky situation for everyone, but people are working hard to get through it. All we can do it listen to the scientific advice as best we can, even if it isn't always easy. Frankly we've done well a lot of us to get through this. Things will get better.

Anyway it's good that the racing should be back soon. We've got plenty to look forward to with IMSA, even if it will be a struggle for some. We have some great US circuits and it will be worth it to see the series race on those circuits.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3982163)   #606
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not these face coverings though which are useless, prevent you to breath properly, takes away the ability for people to interact and just overall sends nothing but a message of fear and obedience to some entity. Article link called "Cult of the Mask" https://remnantnewspaper.com/web/ind...lt-of-the-mask.
Only when our minds are clear of Luciferian lies will we know what we must do.

Is the writer of that propaganda piece talking about her own lies here, or about the poisonous comment section that follows it?
Old 15 Jun 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3982214)   #607
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Yeah, I don't mind discussing the politics of racing, because isn't that what we're here for? But discussing politics in general on a racing forum isn't my cup of tea.

I'm just severely disappointed in many of my fellow Americans. They care so much about their "rights", but then it's clear as day how they only care when it suits their personal preferences. What ever happened to doing things for the greater good and not being so selfish where all you care about is what's best or most comfortable for you.

I'll refrain from commenting on this further. Happy to see that there seem to be more people that agree with my stance than the other side.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 17:03 (Ref:3982216)   #608
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see teams struggling to make it this season. The way the US is at the moment I wouldn’t be surprised to see that.

America is very confused atm isn’t it? No one knows what to do. But that’s what happens with lack of direction. Hopefully we’ll have a good season in IMSA to keep everyone watching happy
Old 15 Jun 2020, 20:06 (Ref:3982240)   #609
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, it feels like it will be a stop start season for some teams and some drivers and owners may not be willing to spend money "playing" when they have people out like Paul Miller decided. As much as I love racing and want to have all the teams who can run run. But there's always people behind the teams and how the team owners and Am drivers pay to play.
Old 16 Jun 2020, 12:58 (Ref:3982323)   #610
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, it feels like it will be a stop start season for some teams and some drivers and owners may not be willing to spend money "playing" when they have people out like Paul Miller decided. As much as I love racing and want to have all the teams who can run run. But there's always people behind the teams and how the team owners and Am drivers pay to play.
As far as privateer operations go. Paul Miller Racing is a solid as they have come for the past decade. If they are in a situation. Others are too. We just don't know yet. Entry list for Daytona 240 maybe a week away or so as of the date I am typing this perhaps?
Old 16 Jun 2020, 20:09 (Ref:3982379)   #611
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
A limited number (5000) of fans will be allowed to attend the Daytona 240 on 4th of July weekend. Florida residents only.

https://www.imsa.com/news/2020/06/16...umber-of-fans/

(Masks required)
Old 16 Jun 2020, 23:54 (Ref:3982391)   #612
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Justifiable given the space and the thoughts about outdoor spread but I would not have been surprised at all to see it like Spa and closed

Masks not required in your RV camping spot as long as you remain in it. But you're also required to remain in it so.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3982475)   #613
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Justifiable given the space and the thoughts about outdoor spread but I would not have been surprised at all to see it like Spa and closed

Masks not required in your RV camping spot as long as you remain in it. But you're also required to remain in it so.

Sounds very unnecessarily draconian still. Just wait till you get to your spot in the infield and grandstand seat and rip the mask (face diaper) off. We got to breath right. Doubt the mask police will be walking up and down those huge grandstands once the 240 begins.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 14:24 (Ref:3982476)   #614
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And if anyone is stupid enough or selfish enough to do it, they should get banned. And if enough people do it then you'll find it back behind closed doors without even a limited number of spectators again - only takes the 1 idiot kid in the class to ruin it for everyone else.

If fans want to go back to see racing, we need to be sensible doing it. Or none of us will get to see it. Don't be the one who ruins it.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 14:46 (Ref:3982480)   #615
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
And if anyone is stupid enough or selfish enough to do it, they should get banned. And if enough people do it then you'll find it back behind closed doors without even a limited number of spectators again - only takes the 1 idiot kid in the class to ruin it for everyone else.

If fans want to go back to see racing, we need to be sensible doing it. Or none of us will get to see it. Don't be the one who ruins it.
Ok Karen.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 15:20 (Ref:3982487)   #616
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Name calling. How mature.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 15:50 (Ref:3982493)   #617
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And not even doing it right. If you're going to insult you should at least know your insults.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 16:10 (Ref:3982498)   #618
Gatorboy
Rookie

United States
Lakeland, Florida
Gatorboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my tickets this morning. I hope they open up the Sebring race a few weeks after.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3982503)   #619
Bill38
Rookie

Bill38 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets

Did you get tickets for the July 4 Daytona IMSA race? If so how? Will fans be allowed for the Sebring race? If so, how do you get tickets?

Thanks, Bill
Old 17 Jun 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3982506)   #620
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
And not even doing it right. If you're going to insult you should at least know your insults.
The other alternative is a long winded discussion on the topic that does not fit for this thread in any further detail than what was already said. Agree to disagree.

In other news...https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/g...ser-part-ways/

Always had this feeling the GEAR/Grassar partnership would not last. GEAR has other ambitions I think. They may want to run a Ferrari in anticipation to the Le Mans run perhaps? Could see them move to a Scuderia Corse or Risi partnership. Even as a GTLM entry perhaps.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 16:50 (Ref:3982507)   #621
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Check the previous page of this thread for my post with a link. If you're a Florida resident you can buy tickets there.

No word on fans at Sebring yet...
Old 17 Jun 2020, 17:16 (Ref:3982509)   #622
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Sounds very unnecessarily draconian still. Just wait till you get to your spot in the infield and grandstand seat and rip the mask (face diaper) off.
Face diaper. Is that a reference to the crap that comes out of the mouths of people who, in a public situation, don’t care about others and selfishly want to take it off to protect their own civil liberties? Perhaps they should be allowed to smoke and blow in their faces too? It’s a free country right?
Quote:
We got to breath right.
Face masks don’t stop you breathing. In fact they promote breathing long term as they reduce the spread of COVID.
Quote:
Doubt the mask police will be walking up and down those huge grandstands once the 240 begins.
Probably not. Maybe the premise is that people will be considerate of others.

This is a small ask. By wearing one, what’s the worse you can be accused of? Being cautious and caring about other people?

The event is putting in place guidelines. Chose to go, chose to follow them. Don’t chose to follow them, don’t go.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3982542)   #623
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
The other alternative is a long winded discussion on the topic that does not fit for this thread in any further detail than what was already said. Agree to disagree.
The only alternative to a discussion was an insult that you don't understand? I guess that explains the stance on masks.

There are rules. Obey them. If you don't agree then don't go. But don't be a dick and ruin it for everyone else just because you disagree with the rules. IMSA are trying to get the fans back to the track. The least you can do is be a decent human-being and follow the rules they set out.

And I managed to say that before talking about the public safety issue with Adam so beautifully summed up.

We all want racing back. Don't be a dick. You'll ruin it for yourself and everyone else.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 21:12 (Ref:3982545)   #624
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Simple rule, it's private property. Your "personal freedoms" don't really apply. Your option is to not visit or support that. And yes, that includes not watching the race as the property is owned by the series.

But that appears to be too hard and might inconvenience you so I'm guessing you'll ***** and still watch. And doing so supports their decision to require masks no matter how much you want to contort your logic otherwise.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3982593)   #625
Gatorboy
Rookie

United States
Lakeland, Florida
Gatorboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill38 View Post
Did you get tickets for the July 4 Daytona IMSA race? If so how? Will fans be allowed for the Sebring race? If so, how do you get tickets?

Thanks, Bill
Hey Bill I went to the Daytona website. Make a login for the Daytona website. It was easy and the fact that kids are free is a great plus 64 bucks for myself the wife and our 2 boys not a bad deal. And I've yet to hear about the Sebring race. They send you the tickets in an email. Hope this helps.