Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Closed Thread

Old 3 Jun 2016, 11:47 (Ref:3646814)   #1
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Abusive PM

I rarely read PM's but I saw an extra one had appeared some time ago so decided to investigate. It was a terse abusive missive and I am almost tempted to post it for all to see. I have done this on other fora and found it fairly effective in stopping stuff like this and I am just wondering if anyone is going to get their knickers in a knot if I do so. I have been giving it some thought for a while now and I feel like having a bit of fun with the individual who sent it hence this post.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3646816)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Make use of the "Report PM" button
Old 3 Jun 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3646820)   #3
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do I find the button? I am having huge problems with this site at the moment trying to stay connected.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 12:00 (Ref:3646822)   #4
Casper
Veteran

As I said I rarely read and care less about PM's and did not know about the button you speak of. I think I should post it and let the individual explain why he wrote it for all to see. If more people published this stuff it it would stop as they would be made fools of. Do you provide me with feed back as to what happens if I report it internally. As I said I have found it to be a very effective method of dealing with his sort of thing.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 12:13 (Ref:3646826)   #5
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks like a red triangle with a ! In it. Top right of the PM.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 12:17 (Ref:3646828)   #6
Casper
Veteran

Red triangle pressed. This forum is sure hard work tonight.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 14:26 (Ref:3646874)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I rarely read PM's but I saw an extra one had appeared some time ago so decided to investigate. It was a terse abusive missive
Was it from someone annoyed that you had not read their previous 20 PM's?
Old 3 Jun 2016, 14:36 (Ref:3646880)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=bauble;3646874]
Quote:
I rarely read PM's but I saw an extra one had appeared some time ago so decided to investigate. It was a terse abusive missive[/QUOTE
Quote:
]

I have to sympathise with the OP here although I do tend to follow-up any announcements that a PM has arrived. In general they are extremely useful things I find.

Once in a while one can slip through and be missed - usually if travelling or similar.

On the the other hand in more then 20 years of regular internet use I can't recall receiving an abusive PM.

I've had a few heating exchanges in public forums from time to time but never an abusive PM so far as I can recall.

Frankly I would have no idea how to respond in a way that would be certain to resolve such a problem - other than entirely ignore it.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 14:47 (Ref:3646881)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=grantp;3646880]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

I have to sympathise with the OP here although I do tend to follow-up any announcements that a PM has arrived. In general they are extremely useful things I find.

Once in a while one can slip through and be missed - usually if travelling or similar.

On the the other hand in more then 20 years of regular internet use I can't recall receiving an abusive PM.

I've had a few heating exchanges in public forums from time to time but never an abusive PM so far as I can recall.

Frankly I would have no idea how to respond in a way that would be certain to resolve such a problem - other than entirely ignore it.
Up until now, watch your message notification.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3646884)   #10
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
The world does not resolve around PM's and whether I read them or not is up to me as I never asked for them to be sent. My last word on this so don't expect a debate, it wont happen.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 20:20 (Ref:3646971)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The world does not resolve around PM's and whether I read them or not is up to me as I never asked for them to be sent. My last word on this so don't expect a debate, it wont happen.
Casper, I respect your position on PM's and will make no further comment on the matter, on the forum or by a Private Message.

Kind regards,

Bauble.
Old 3 Jun 2016, 20:32 (Ref:3646975)   #12
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
I believe this thread has run its course.
Closed Thread