Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Jan 2019, 10:40 (Ref:3875459)   #326
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Don’t be- we all get fooled by websites that aren’t up to date!

The calendar that is accessible from the top of this Historic Racing Today forum is as up to date as any for ‘our’ racing. Doesn’t include any non historic stuff though. Click on any of the events listed and you go to the relevant thread!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 12:08 (Ref:3876681)   #327
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Historic Motor Racing Gmbh have now announced the U2TC and Pre '63 calendars. Note that the tin tops are NOT at Silverstone Classic. Also interesting is that the admin for both will now be handled by Motor Racing Legends. From the email-

Dear HMR Drivers,

Happy New Year to one and all. We hope you had a good break and are looking forward to the 2019 season.

Forgive the end of year silence - a long holiday in South America and the fact that we have made some changes to the organisation has kept us from communicating earlier.

New Admin Arrangements for U2TC and Pre-'63GT: Having seen the way historic motor racing is changing, we thought it best to team up with a bigger organisation that could provide you with a more professional management of the series. We are therefor delighted to announce that Motor Racing Legends will be taking on the day-to-day administration of both series for us, and your main contact for entries and organisational questions will be with them.

We at HMR will still be here to help shape the regulations, the calendar and general direction of the two series. You are always welcome to contact us any time with comments or questions.

We think this will bring about a very positive change for you, while maintaining the friendly, family-like character of the series and the quality of car selection. In the case of Pre-’63 Ben Cussons will remain as head of the Selection Committee and oversee the technical regulations, and DK Engineering will continue their valuable to support of the series.

2019 Calendar
Donington Historic Festival 3-5 May (U2TC and Pre-’63 GT)
Thruxton Motorsport Celebration 1-2 June (U2TC only)
Silverstone Classic 26-28 July (RAC Tourist Trophy Pre-'63 GT only)
Spa Six Hours 27-29 September (U2TC only)
Algarve Classic Festival 1-3 November (U2TC and Pre-'63 GT)

Wherever possible U2TC will have two 40-minute races. Pre-'63 GT will have one hour races, except for the TT at Silverstone where the race will be 50 minutes.

Further details and entry forms will be coming soon! In the meantime write these dates in the diary. Your contact at Motor Racing Legends will be Gillian Carr, who you all know from our race meetings last year. Email Gillian'at'motorracinglegends.com.

Estoril Festival: We will be working with Diogo Ferrao of Race Ready organising races for pre-1975 Sports Cars and Formula 1 cars up to 1985 at the Estoril Classics meeting on 11-13 October. Both these races have attracted sponsorship and in the case of the F1 cars, substantial start money will be paid to all competitors. In the case of the sports cars, the first 20 competitors to enter will be paid start money. Contact us at HMR at this email address or the phone number below for regulations and entry forms for these two races.

We look forward to an exciting and successful season under these new arrangements.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 12:23 (Ref:3876690)   #328
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Interesting indeed.

Looks like MRL are moving into the "Masters" style business model. Albeit they are no doubt being paid to do the organising.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 12:50 (Ref:3876692)   #329
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Interesting indeed.

Looks like MRL are moving into the "Masters" style business model. Albeit they are no doubt being paid to do the organising.
I was seated next to Duncan W’s business partner (from memory- that’s how I think he described himself) at the Jag Challenge do, and appears they have another side to the business running motoring events, like for instance the LR anniversary do at Gaydon (I think) last year. And of course they now run the racing side of Donington HF, and I believe the Thruxton Revival this year as well. I see them taking over admin of Carol’s series as a positive move, but whether the U2TC grid numbers improve- that’s another question!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3876694)   #330
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, I agree it is positive. Also I concur, the advent of seriously quick Lotus Cortinas (as opposed to simply very quick) has had the expected result on entries.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3876695)   #331
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes, I agree it is positive. Also I concur, the advent of seriously quick Lotus Cortinas (as opposed to simply very quick) has had the expected result on entries.
We did have a single Alfa take the fight to them last year. Maybe that will encourage a few others out!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3876697)   #332
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought u2tc werent doing the classic
Not surprising though with a mini race and big engine race already confirmed.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3876699)   #333
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Thought u2tc werent doing the classic.
They’re not. Read the post.....
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3876705)   #334
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
We did have a single Alfa take the fight to them last year. Maybe that will encourage a few others out!
I wish!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:22 (Ref:3876708)   #335
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They’re not. Read the post.....
I meant as though I knew it wouldn't.👍.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 16:02 (Ref:3876751)   #336
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
May be you need seriously quick GTA's now… Do you still have very very seriously quick Tisa's in this field?
Old 17 Jan 2019, 16:40 (Ref:3876759)   #337
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
May be you need seriously quick GTA's now… Do you still have very very seriously quick Tisa's in this field?
The BMWs have largely given up as they weren’t able to keep competitive with the Cortinas. The main issue, I believe, is the Tisa’s weight, and the fact that the engine is already giving as much power as obtainable. (And there’s plenty of expertise around when it comes to M10 lumps! )

I think the Furiani Alfas are the quickest? Will be interesting if one turns up in PA 60s Endurance again- would a real contender for the under 2.5 litre class championship.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 17:53 (Ref:3876781)   #338
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
The BMWs have largely given up as they weren’t able to keep competitive with the Cortinas. The main issue, I believe, is the Tisa’s weight, and the fact that the engine is already giving as much power as obtainable.
This brings up back to a very old Simon H post suggesting it would be good to stop Corvinas' development. And Zef' mentioned that with a front runner he had before, now he can just finish around the tenth place. Lets stick to facts and only facts. Previously, already overdeveloped Tisa's could win. Ten years later they can't anymore. What has been discovered on the Lotus bloc since? A f-good question, isn't it Mike?
Old 17 Jan 2019, 18:27 (Ref:3876792)   #339
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
We’re going off topic here, Gerard.....
Old 17 Jan 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3876813)   #340
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
This brings up back to a very old Simon H post suggesting it would be good to stop Corvinas' development. And Zef' mentioned that with a front runner he had before, now he can just finish around the tenth place. Lets stick to facts and only facts. Previously, already overdeveloped Tisa's could win. Ten years later they can't anymore. What has been discovered on the Lotus bloc since? A f-good question, isn't it Mike?

Thats classified information,
Old 18 Jan 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3876894)   #341
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So is the day if the small organiser disappearing? Is the day of the motor club done? I know HSCC seems strong but I keep seeing that various of their series are struggling with numbers.

It seems that there are big commercial organisers are hoovering up the entries.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Jan 2019, 07:19 (Ref:3876908)   #342
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Two new threads opened up with posts copied from above.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3877463)   #343
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if this belongs on this page but I am spending the weekend of 20 -n 21 April at Spa Francorchamps (for a wedding) and I notice that the 2 x 6 Hours of Spa is on that weekend, anyone know what this event actually is ?
Old 21 Jan 2019, 10:05 (Ref:3877473)   #344
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Not sure if this belongs on this page but I am spending the weekend of 20 -n 21 April at Spa Francorchamps (for a wedding) and I notice that the 2 x 6 Hours of Spa is on that weekend, anyone know what this event actually is ?
Might be testing for the WEC Spa Six Hours the following month maybe.
Old 21 Jan 2019, 10:51 (Ref:3877484)   #345
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Well it’s certainly not a historic meeting that is known about in the UK. I doubt it’s testing for the WEC but must be for a modern GT or proto series of some sort. Maybe you need to ask on the Sportscar & GT Racing section of tenths?

Edit- Creventic 12 hour race (4hrs and 8hrs). https://www.24hseries.com/2019/12h-s.../time-schedule

Last edited by Mike Bell; 21 Jan 2019 at 11:16.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 01:14 (Ref:3880081)   #346
pescaraproductions
Rookie

pescaraproductions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Wonder what the MX5 Super Series competitors would have made of DFV engined Formula One cars lapping Mallory at a smidgen over 40 seconds ?!
I take it you saw them all moaning about it being a 'bike circuit' on their facebook page then before they had it removed
Old 29 Jan 2019, 08:20 (Ref:3880361)   #347
Willmaz223
Veteran

Looks like the Dunlop Saloon series has had great interest eith over 30 cars confirmed.Great to see but makes missing out on the Silverstone International for Spa more annoying.Good to heaf though.Shame with the news they wont be at the classic.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 10:28 (Ref:3880383)   #348
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Looks like the Dunlop Saloon series has had great interest eith over 30 cars confirmed.Great to see but makes missing out on the Silverstone International for Spa more annoying.Good to heaf though.Shame with the news they wont be at the classic.
Sometimes declaring interest and actually entering races are not the same thing! Proof of the pudding will be how many turn out for first meeting....
Old 29 Jan 2019, 16:35 (Ref:3880454)   #349
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Sometimes declaring interest and actually entering races are not the same thing! Proof of the pudding will be how many turn out for first meeting....
True .Gotta be optimistic though.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3880456)   #350
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
True .Gotta be optimistic though.
Definitely! One other small concern (to me, anyway ) is how close to each other on the calendar the first three races are. Have a serious problem in the first or second and not much time for rebuild....