Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Sep 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2760591)   #26
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I've 'found' something I rather like thats looking like the white kind of thing for me to do.
I don't understand
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 17 Sep 2010, 05:41 (Ref:2760711)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper View Post
I am ready to discuss 300hp Healeys at the Spa 6h, (300 horses!!!! 300 little ponies)
I hope the battle of the organisers will concentrate on quality of grids and reasonable prices per minute track time ! I am after all going for quality and honnest racing, a weekend with nice people and nice cars , and then a good price or.......... is this way to dutch?

There are the exceptions Esper,seems to be a British Thing,cheating, we have had a lot of practice.
Are you going to reply to my e-mail????
Old 17 Sep 2010, 06:40 (Ref:2760719)   #28
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Looking at some of the cars at Spa 6 hrs the Brits are way behind.

When will organisers check capacities before the other fancy things.

How many weigh the cars.

Its all part of next years battle

Can see Pre 63 at Spa,Silverstone,Donington and possibly Monza although we will stop doing this series unless some of the crappy driving is stamped on.They are not doggem cars and repair costs can be high.

People will gravitate towards the organisers they want and at least the people who enjoy bending the rules can end up in one place.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 07:06 (Ref:2760728)   #29
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quite John, Despite the crumby exchange rate (for those of us with GBP) If I want to do App K stuff Euro zone still seems to offer good value, Nethrlands stands out, CSCC special K looks interesting as well, otherwise good old club stuff is probably the least pretentious and best value.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 07:45 (Ref:2760747)   #30
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Don't dismiss what the CTCRC do John, it may not be your cup of meat but it as well as CSCC suits some competitors. For what its worth of all the regs and meetings I have been to I recon CTCRC are about the most sensible and consistant. They do allow allow some sensible mods like uprated brakes, who the hell want to compromise on brakes for example as iI tried running my Camaro on standard brakes as required by HSCC and I can tell you now its (a) dangerous and (b) ruddy expensive, I have had a set of pads for over a season now on my 6 pot Wilewood Grand National calipers and they will pull up from 140mph with confidence! Did you know for example that according to US author of reknown Fred Puhn most US saloon car brakes from the period were known as one stop specials, by that he meant one good hard brake from 70 mph was the most you could expect before they overheated and faded, no good whatsoever for racing. I spoke with a guy running a 73' (I think)Mustang in HSCC and this was his biggest problem as they also have a single pot sliding caliper the pads literally bend after one race and cost about £150 a set. Also because of rim size restrictions this doesnt get out of hand as you cannot go silly on disc size.

The cars are regularly weighed, mine has been weighed twice this season for example and are thrown out if underweight although sensibly they are usually weighed after qually and if underweight like my car was, we are given the opporunity to strap a bit of weight in and get rescrutineered. That is a sensible approach as many of us dont have scales at home!

Re: the capacities of cars. All engines are sealed at some time during the season and at the end of the season the top 3 cars have there engine capacity checked. It would be great to do this every meeting and I would like the club to buy a cc checker that are available but apparently only work on push rod engines as the cam has to be stopped operating and the engine cranked. Some OHC engines could probably still do this, those with removable finger type cam followers like BMW's and Pintos. There has been incidents of drivers 'missing' the last meeting to avoid this but oddly enough I have seen the same cars then out in Masters which to me seems an expensive free for all.

CSCC does what it says on the tin and if thats how you want it fine and I admire their Apps K stance.

CTCRC and Historic racing are going to shortly get some massive promotion which I cannot tell you about yet but watch this space.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 17 Sep 2010 at 07:56.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 07:49 (Ref:2760751)   #31
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Looking at some of the cars at Spa 6 hrs the Brits are way behind.

When will organisers check capacities before the other fancy things.

How many weigh the cars.

Its all part of next years battle

Can see Pre 63 at Spa,Silverstone,Donington and possibly Monza although we will stop doing this series unless some of the crappy driving is stamped on.They are not doggem cars and repair costs can be high.

People will gravitate towards the organisers they want and at least the people who enjoy bending the rules can end up in one place.
Funny thing about Spa is that the 6Hr cars sit on the scales at Scrutineering,perhaps the scales are broken?
If it ever happened,I wonder how much the established grids would suffer if a 'we dont care how much you've modified your car' type series was available?
Old 17 Sep 2010, 07:58 (Ref:2760755)   #32
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
?Fact,Some of the cars entered at 6 hrs last year were so bent it was amazing.Good thing JH was there to throw them into Eau Rouge,but they are on track and cars are very iffy from engineering point.The car that was most unusual was from mainland Europe and remember those odd Saloons from a few weeks ago.
And they threw out Sports Prototypes!

Whats the bit about broken scales at Spa.Must hit translate button!
Old 17 Sep 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2760758)   #33
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
wonder how much the established grids would suffer if a 'we dont care how much you've modified your car' type series was available?
Isnt that what Heritage Racing is all about Terence? Not my cup of tea either as it happens too far the other way.
Old 17 Sep 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2760774)   #34
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
all muddied by well prepared legal cars well driven

this hobby millarkee is hard work!