Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 28 Feb 2001, 22:08 (Ref:67266)   #1
Sarah_I
Rookie

Sarah_I should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anybody did, just wondering how the day was etc.. ne unvielings by teams who hadn't get revealed drivers?

Old 1 Mar 2001, 08:45 (Ref:67331)   #2
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
28 February 2001

For immediate release (ref: PT01/008)

PowerTour 2001 launched to the media

Exciting plans for the 2001 PowerTour season were launched during the pre-season media day at Silverstone today (Wednesday 28 February). BMP series director Roger Etcell unveiled the coming season to more than 100 members of the media and over 300 drivers, teams, sponsors and members of the motorsport industry.

With six major championships, a 13-event programme covering all regions of the country, a superb TV package and a host of on- and off-track attractions, PowerTour is set for a cracking season in only its second year. Double-header F3 races, an extended eight-race show, open paddock and pit-road walkabouts, night races and the end-of-day podium ceremony will all be important parts of the 2001 PowerTour shows.

Amongst the initiatives launched on the media day was the PowerTour 'ones to watch' concept, which will give members of the audience four drivers to follow in each race. The categories are: Top Dog (the championship leader), Hot Shot (a regular front runner who will be coming through after, perhaps, problems in qualifying); Action Man (always one to look out for) and Talkers' Tip (the choice of the experts from PowerTour Radio).

Apart from hearing extensive details about the year ahead, members of the media also had the chance to sample the Silverstone International circuit during passenger sessions with Silverstone Drive racing instructors. Then, selected journalists had the opportunity to ride in the two-seater F3 car as it made its UK debut. Despite deteriorating weather, it was an experience none will forget. "I never thought I'd go so quickly in the snow and live to tell the tale," joked TV presenter Paul Musselle after his flying laps.

Note to media: copies of the full PowerTour press pack are available upon request.

-ends-
Old 1 Mar 2001, 17:17 (Ref:67400)   #3
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What I learnt from Media Day!

blah blah blah...I'm not sure about the 'ones to watch' concept but there were a few announcements that Roger Etcell announced yesterday that did sound ok...the re-launch of the PowerTour website with merchandise, ticket buying facilities and live updates of qualifying and the races themselves.

There were some new teams and new drivers announced in the press pack's 'Anticipated Entry List'...There seemed to be a lot less than 35 cars present and no sign of Mr Paffett. The Menu cars looked a tad slow and one of the Diamond Racing cars (driven by Mark Mayall) appeared to be dayglo orange!
Ryan Dalziels Prost returned on a low loader with no apparent damage and an incident vehicle went out early on to collect ME Motorsports Perthivan Sureshwaren.

Overall the Jags were impresive.

Apart from that it was bl**dy cold and started snowing so I decided against going outside to take photo's!