Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Dec 2001, 11:31 (Ref:188378)   #1
BBKing
Veteran

BBKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little bro's speed explained

Quote:
“He must have noticed that his eyes are no longer good,” Villeneuve told the magazine. “At least now we know why Ralf wasn't as fast anymore in the second half of the year. Glasses are simply too dangerous. I would never drive with glasses. Metal, glass or plastic underneath the helmet can lead to serious injuries when the chips are down. Or to accidents if for example the frame moves out of place.”

“Otherwise he (Ralf) would absolutely be a security risk. Not just to himself but mainly to others. You really have to be able to see everything at any given time.”
Old 21 Dec 2001, 12:22 (Ref:188388)   #2
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Little bro's speed explained

(It won't display BBK's quote for some reason.) Anyway, I wanted to ask about Jacques' glasses. He certainly wears them when he's not driving. What is his problem, and does he wear contacts when driving? Anyone know?
Old 21 Dec 2001, 12:36 (Ref:188395)   #3
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
.......and I thought he was trying to save his engine.
Old 21 Dec 2001, 15:19 (Ref:188442)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Re: Little bro's speed explained

Quote:
Originally posted by Maxmil
(It won't display BBK's quote for some reason.) Anyway, I wanted to ask about Jacques' glasses. He certainly wears them when he's not driving. What is his problem, and does he wear contacts when driving? Anyone know?
As far as I know Jaques and Rubens Barichello for that matter both use contact lenses when driving.
Old 22 Dec 2001, 16:50 (Ref:188747)   #5
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
In an interview, which was apparently inaccurately translated into German, it is claimed that Ralf Schumacher was accused by Patrick Head and Frank Williams of lacking patience in testing and having poor social skills. Ralf's manager, Willi Weber has responded to the allegations and criticised the William's bosses for talking to the press.
"I don't find the style that is used in England acceptable. If one has of this kind of thing to say, one should say it directly to the driver - and not to the press. For me it is not a good way to deal with a driver," Weber told Ralf's official web site.

But Patrick Head is known for his outspoken opinions, and has spoken to the press about both Juan Pablo Montoya and Ralf Schumacher. In both cases he has praised the drivers as well as providing deserved constructive criticism.

Weber acknowledged that he has spoken to Frank Williams about the comments that were made in the press. "We talked about it. He explained to me that the comments in the interview were inaccurately translated from English into German. He never spread accusations in that way."

In this sport, the topic often comes around to the issue of money, and the question was asked whether the criticism related to the large amount Ralf is thought to be getting paid under his renewed contract. The contract was signed in June and will run until the end of 2004. Weber was completely dismissive of any possibility of Ralf getting dropped from the team and spoke about the contract extension.

"I succeeded in extending Ralf's contract, this was unique including the amount (although I won't provide the value) which Williams committed to pay. Frank may have regretted this afterwards - I don't know. It is assumed that it no longer pleases him as much. But it is now a signed contract. Both parties are obliged to stick to it."

Commenting on his personal relationship with Patrick Head and Frank Williams, Weber said "Our relationship is outstanding. We regularly exchange views. If it were not that way, I would not have succeeded in closing this kind of contract (for Ralf). I have a very good relationship with both of them."
Who will replace little bro at Williams in 2003? Villeneuve or Pizzonia?
Old 23 Dec 2001, 13:09 (Ref:189058)   #6
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BBKing
Who will replace little bro at Williams in 2003? Villeneuve or Pizzonia?
If Mika wants to come back, and McLaren won't have him. Hmmmm. . .
Failing that, Jacques will probably be available, but would he and Juan be able to get along after Montreal? Kimi is another possible. This one will be interesting in any event.
Old 23 Dec 2001, 14:01 (Ref:189066)   #7
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Hakkinen comes back then maybe DC for Williams in '03.
Old 23 Dec 2001, 15:12 (Ref:189076)   #8
BBKing
Veteran

Quote:
"Some drivers didn't want to show their feelings,Juan Pablo Montoya did not seem to care but when you come from a country such as Colombia where every day people are shot or killed you can understand his reaction,but it was different for Michael and me,it was such a shock and then you start thinknig about about the safety of your families and where is it going to lead to,it was all uncertain"...
Where does this nerd live. People don't get shot every day in Germany or Austria? Pathetic!
Old 23 Dec 2001, 18:23 (Ref:189125)   #9
Schumacher
Racer

Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This guy is so dumb that its actually laughable
Worse part is that he actually believes the **** that comes out of his mouth!

Like I said, Juan Pablo holds the key to 03. If he renews his contract with Williams next season and as expected he kills Ralfie in 02 then Ralf may well be fired by Williams and Button could get very very lucky indeed. I think Frank is not happy at the amount of money he's paying Ralfie and if Ralf continues to under-perform then he has full right to throw him out and give Button a go. I dont really think Button is a better all round driver than Ralfie but I think he has a better attitude than lil Ralfie - in dealing with the team and those around him. So if Juan Pablo sticks with Williams then its good bye Ralfie.

I dont think BMW would be to worried about Ralfie if they can secure Juan Pablo for a few more years. On the other hand if Juan doesent stay with Williams beyond 02 or if he only extends his contract for one season, then BMW may pull rank on Williams to keep Ralf around.

I think it was Liz who said it best in one of the other threads when she said something along the lines of "if Ralf could quit trying to act like his brother, he may end actually end up somewhere". I think thats a correct assessment. Ralf is never going to to come close to achieving what Michael has - so he should quit trying. The guy has decent enough speed if he can keep his mouth shut and get his attitude right. Williams are a team who attach a great deal of importance to the constructors championship and to working as a team. They are not fond of drivers who bad mouth the team or attempt to create bad blood within the team and thats something Ralf has been doing since the end of 2000 and has continued doing it throughout the 01 season. Juan Pablo has made the Williams team get behind him since mid season - something Michael Schumacher does all the time - we saw it with Benetton and with Ferrari. Ralf on the other hand goes the other way - I bet the majority of Williams mechanics would just like to see the back of him. The guy has no personality whatsoever!
Old 27 Dec 2001, 00:36 (Ref:189787)   #10
Vipernoir
Rookie

Vipernoir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why would BMW want to pull rank ?
They won their only title with a Brazilian, and would have learnt from the mistake that Honda made in '87/88 by ditching Mansell.

My money is on either Button or Coolthud rejoining the team. Button is the favourite at the moment as he has not yet been tarnished with the whinging brush...