Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Jan 2001, 18:55 (Ref:59955)   #1
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

F3 News:

Andy Priaulx has just signed to Alan Docking Racing.

There aren't many decent drives left...where is Paffett going we wonder???
Old 24 Jan 2001, 09:36 (Ref:60040)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So as I understand it there are seats left at Promatecme (x2), Fortec (x2 but one is probably Gimi Bruni), Duma (how many cars are they running? Are they really going to sign Jamie Spence?), Alan Docking (x1), SS Motorsport (x2), RC (Prost?) (x1), Rowan Racing (x2 but one is likely to be Colombo) and Alain Menu Racing (x1).

So that's 11 seat left, of those Promatecme, Fortec, Alan Docking and RC (5 seats) are all teams who have proven there ability to run at the front of the field.

You'd have to hope that Paffett, Ben Collins, Nick Kiesa, Milos Pavlic, Matt Davies and maybe Alex Gurney will find slots in those teams with potential to run at the front.

Finally, a question, Are team Avanti still running this year?
Old 24 Jan 2001, 10:05 (Ref:60042)   #3
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Tom Sisley is a possible for one of the Promatecme seats.

Milos Pavlovic, Tim Spouge, Matt Davies, Alex Gurney and Philip Giebler have all tested for Fortec but as you said Marshal, Gimmi Bruni is likely to nab one of the drives.

I think Gary will go for one of those two seats - Promatecme or Fortec.

Duma wanted to run 2 cars and ideally sign an experienced British driver and one rookie (Craig Fleming has been offered the Scholarship seat if he can find the funding).

Avanti - I haven't heard a word about them all winter!

Incidently if anyone knows a motorsport fan that's rich and wants to sponsor a young talented driver (yes I know it's a lnog-shot!!!)...please have a look at the information on Craig Fleming on my website (www.british-f3.com). If he doesn't get funding by this Saturday he'll lose his seat at Duma.

Old 24 Jan 2001, 10:48 (Ref:60049)   #4
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who's in the frame for the 2nd seats at ADR and RC then? I'd have thought both of these (particularly the RC seat) would be coverted by anyone with serious title aspirations. And I forgot to mention before but I'm glad Prilaux has got himself sorted out, I thought he drove very well last year but no one seemed to notice.
Old 24 Jan 2001, 11:01 (Ref:60054)   #5
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
RC
Ben Collins, Atushi Katsumata, Felipe Massa and Nicholas Kiesa all tested over the winter.

ADR
Alex Gurney, Paul Edwards, Adam Blair, James Andanson and Paul Stephenson are all in contention with Paul Edwards being the favourite so rumour has it.

And yes I am very pleased that Andy Priaulx has signed to good team. he was brilliant last year and di seem to get over looked for the younger drivers.
Old 24 Jan 2001, 16:48 (Ref:60103)   #6
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im sorry but i am sick of people blabbing on about gary paffet not getting a seat!!!yeah it would be sad if he didn't get a seat, but then it would sad if a lot of other people didn't get seats. i still fail to see him being ne more talented than some of the other drivers who have no seats!!!!! GET OVER PAFFET IT GETS BORING
Old 24 Jan 2001, 17:57 (Ref:60115)   #7
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miss Jiggly (ahem, I sound like Invader)

It seems to me that there are those who are just destined to be good. Every now and then someone comes along who is reasonably good, and the Gods decide that people will always be there who will 'look after' them and ensure that they reach their destination. Jenson Button was one, there always seemed to be money for him to do as he wished, and people pulled strings to ensure he got to F1.
Paffett is another example of this. Winning Autosport's Young Driver of the Year set him on the road, and no matter where he goes, people will always be there who ensure he'll get the best of everything and therefore he'll run at the front and win almost by default.

An early example of this was Damon Hill, who won when in the best car and was rubbish the rest of the time. We're seeing it now with Jenson, who's only ever run for top teams, and we will see it in the future with Gary Paffett. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big supporter of Paffett (and Button too), and you'll often see me defend him in here when someone posts another "Paffett's an Arse" topic, but no-one is going to "Get over him", even though it does get boring after a while, I'll agree!!

Gary has the money in his back pocket for winning the Scholarship class, and he can buy a seat pretty well anywhere he wants. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Promatecme, but if not he'll just go into Europe and drive in German F3, or perhaps even European (formerly Italian) F3000.

Right, that's enough Crystal-Balling for now...
Old 24 Jan 2001, 19:34 (Ref:60145)   #8
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Paffett in 'Not driving in F3 at all' shock!

Today a mystery informant sent an email to my site saying ;

According to reliable sources, Gary Paffett has chosen not to enter British Formula Three for 2001 due to being unable to secure a top flight drive.

Sorry Jiggers, couldn't resist one more bit of info about Paffett.
Old 24 Jan 2001, 19:41 (Ref:60146)   #9
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whatever, but please let that be all there are so many other talented drivers in that championship.....paffet was just one of many, to me he still hadn't fully proved himself. dispite his domination of the scholorship class last year
Old 29 Jan 2001, 17:30 (Ref:61024)   #10
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re Avanti -

Noticed they were advertising for mechanics/engineers (don't remember) in Autosport a few weeks back, and I'm sure I've heard them mentioned in connection with a possible two car team this year, although I think that was a fair while back now.