Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 12 Dec 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2998865)   #1
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
tje23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best Motorsport Podcasts (merged)

I was just wondering, other than Radio Le Mans, are there any other good motorsport podcasts? I'm sure there must be, but all I can find is old or irrelevant content, or those based mainly around American Racing - whereas I'm talking more Sportscar Endurance/Sprint, Touring Cars, F1 etc.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2998874)   #2
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Does Joe Saward still have his sidepodcasts going?

MotorSport Magazine puts out a tidy hour of podcasts every month. I think there is one due this month.
Old 12 Dec 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2998915)   #3
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
Thanks, I'll check them out. Hope we can find some more too!
Old 12 Dec 2011, 21:43 (Ref:2998930)   #4
A-A
Rookie

A-A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Windsor has a podcast, primarily on F1 - called "The Flying Lap" available on itunes as well as the website - He usually has 1 or 2 guests and it goes for 60-70 min.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 00:34 (Ref:2998990)   #5
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8Insiders is really good if you are into V8Supercars, wish there were F1, WRC and Sportscar podcasts as good as it.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 01:11 (Ref:2998995)   #6
xlr8r
Racer

United States
Boston, Massachusetts
xlr8r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fromula 1 Blog www.formula1blog.com has a great weekly podcast and also does nice in depth interviews. They have a bunch of podcasts done with Steve matchett which are well worth a listen.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 07:33 (Ref:2999056)   #7
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
If you're into Indaycar at all, 'Trackside with Curt Calvin and Kevin Lee' is alright.

Sidepodcast? I gave up with that one. The presenter's sounded like they would have been wearing team merchandise and been surrounded by scale models. A bit too gushy and 'fan-ny' (oo-eer) for my taste.

Radio Le Mans is my staple, with Motorsport Magazine whenever they release them.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 11:14 (Ref:2999111)   #8
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The last I heard, sidepodcast is Joe Saward talking to a live audience who paid to see him at a GP. This doesn't come across on the podcast that well so I stopped listening to them. Also they are usually out of date when I find them. He still has the best F1 blog by far. Peter Windsor's podcast seems very dry and restrained when I listened to them on youtube.

MMW is good. You get two hours per week of direct commentary on the news - in fact they even mock press releases. With Roebuck on the panel of the Motorsport podcast, you get no choice but direct opinions and they are at their best when they have an old grandee as a guest.
Old 13 Dec 2011, 11:57 (Ref:2999135)   #9
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Sidepodcast is affiliated with Saward in some way, they have him as a guest and record his after dinner talks etc.

Just looked through my iPod and found a prime example of why i stopped listening - Podcast title: 'We went to Mclaren and I touched Lewis's Car'.

Admitidley that was well over a year ago. It may be better now.
Old 15 Dec 2011, 17:56 (Ref:3000362)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I like Midweek Motorsport and GoPRN (NASCAR).
Old 15 Dec 2011, 18:18 (Ref:3000375)   #11
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport Magazine's monthly podcast is usually very good, the recent one with Jackie Stewart was a very interesting listen. For something completely different, Gareth Jones on Speed is not exclusively motorsport themed, but consistently entertaining.
Old 17 Dec 2011, 21:44 (Ref:3001368)   #12
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Other than Midweek Motorsport, i'd say go for F1 Rejects (hilarious, just listen to their very own audio coverage of the Indian Grand Prix) and Gareth Jones on Speed (As mentioned above, not a pure motorsport podcast, they are quite ignorant of motorsport that isn't F1, but it's really entertaining, Richard Porter, the man behind Sniff Petrol and the script editor for Top Gear is in it, along with Gareth Jones, and some guy called Zog).

Infact, Gareth Jones on Speed always make a fantastic annual Le Mans podcast, well worth a listen for pure car sound!
Old 1 Jan 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3006268)   #13
tje23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Staffordshire, UK
I've done a bit of research, and looking into it, it's extremely easy to run a podcast - using services like podbean.com. Pretty much instant iTunes integration too. We should probably try it out, different people contributing one different areas, with one person to 'mash up' the different clips.... That could be quite good!
Old 1 Jan 2012, 23:58 (Ref:3006288)   #14
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
The average mobile phone can record up to an hour. There's your podcast.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3006355)   #15
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Midweek Motorsport is all ever you need.
Old 2 May 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3068189)   #16
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Motorsport Podcasts

Having seen a similar thread on other fora, i thought it'd be good to have some kind of list of good motorsport listening:

General:

- Radio le Mans (Midweek Motorsport)
- Motorsport Magazine Podcast
- Autosport

F1:

- BBC Chequered Flag

IndyCar:

- Trackside with Curt Calvin and Kevin Lee

Feel free to add.
Old 3 May 2012, 17:11 (Ref:3068914)   #17
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131264
Old 3 May 2012, 18:24 (Ref:3068940)   #18
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Ha! I had even contributed to it.

Dementia......
Old 7 May 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3070819)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Merged.
Old 4 Jun 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3085103)   #20
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
podcasts every month. I think there is one due this month.
Check out the Warwick podcast. The anecdotes are hilarious.
Old 8 Jun 2012, 12:35 (Ref:3087512)   #21
adstubbs
Racer

United Kingdom
Glamorous Hemel Hempstead
adstubbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Check out the Warwick podcast. The anecdotes are hilarious.
Hit him Derek!!!
Old 8 Jun 2012, 13:46 (Ref:3087539)   #22
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain with also available as a podcast and parts of the show are vod cast too
Old 7 Mar 2013, 15:09 (Ref:3215584)   #23
jakesanson
Rookie

jakesanson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
www.downforce.podomatic.com

Or subscribe to Downforce: The Voice of British Motorsport on iTunes.