Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Aug 2004, 06:40 (Ref:1073418)   #1
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull ends sponsorship Jaguar - end of Klien ?

Hi

Just been reading on several sites ( f.e. www.news.at) that
Red Bull will be ending their sponsorship for the Jaguar-team next year. So Christian Klien will be left on his own to see whether his contract will be renewed for next year Jaguar has an option on Klien for next year which is due to be decided after the Monza grand prix on september 15th.

For myself, i hope that Klien will get a chance next year. Even though his contract was based on a heavy red-bull sponsorship, i think he has proven to be a talented driver and i think he should at least get another chance in formula-1.

Love, bridget
Old 21 Aug 2004, 06:59 (Ref:1073422)   #2
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It will be very hard for Klien to get a seat next year. I suspect we've seen the most of him. He will probably move to the Champcars, where he belongs.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 08:23 (Ref:1073462)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So Jaguar has NO sponsorship next year? HSBC is also leaving....

Doesnt sound too promising now does it?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 21 Aug 2004, 10:10 (Ref:1073534)   #4
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Jaguar without HSBC, Beck's AND Red Bull.

Dr. Helmut Markko isn't optimistic about Klien's future at all. Here's a few remarks from him.

- Klien is only at Jaguar thanks to Red Bull
- Klien has just 2 races left to show the team he's good enough.
- Klien's performance in Hungary was worse than ever.

Those aren't comments from someone who believes in a driver.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1073545)   #5
Paarma
Racer

Finland
Europe
Paarma should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt he can secure a seat over the more established drivers available for next season. But perhaps he will return someday. Without sponsors, I wonder if Jaguar will still be called Jaguar next season. Ford could pump more money into the team and take charge. Ford F1 team?
Old 21 Aug 2004, 10:47 (Ref:1073553)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ford pumped money in all along. They chose to call the team Jaguar, as Formula 1 fitted with the kind fo image they wanted for that brand. Success in F1 would've done anyway. At this rate the team's budget will be closer to the bigger privateers than the other manufacturer teams. It's not even inconcievable that the team will be sold on for 2005, perhaps to Arden or David Sears.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 11:02 (Ref:1073560)   #7
minirda
Racer

minirda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Paarma
I doubt he can secure a seat over the more established drivers available for next season. But perhaps he will return someday. Without sponsors, I wonder if Jaguar will still be called Jaguar next season. Ford could pump more money into the team and take charge. Ford F1 team?
It seems within Ford concern management a lobby is started to change the name of Jaguar Racing Team into Ford F1 Team in 2005.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 11:18 (Ref:1073566)   #8
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
Ford pumped money in all along. They chose to call the team Jaguar, as Formula 1 fitted with the kind fo image they wanted for that brand. Success in F1 would've done anyway. At this rate the team's budget will be closer to the bigger privateers than the other manufacturer teams. It's not even inconcievable that the team will be sold on for 2005, perhaps to Arden or David Sears.
Would that be the David Sears who's F3000 team have had their credit cards cut up? Doesnt sound like a soon to be F1 squad.

Ford wont throw in the towel, they own the team. If they pull out all the facilities become wasted assets. And no one out there has the money to buy it.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 11:54 (Ref:1073588)   #9
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was gonna say the same thing ross.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 14:09 (Ref:1073647)   #10
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jaguars future looks bad.

They are losing Red Bull, Becks, HSBC and DuPont.

They are going to sruggle to oblivion if Ford can't give any more backing.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 14:25 (Ref:1073664)   #11
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by minirda
It seems within Ford concern management a lobby is started to change the name of Jaguar Racing Team into Ford F1 Team in 2005.
I think you are correct minirda.

I heard an interview with Edsall Ford, who is Henry Fords grandson, and very involved with Ford racing projects, that Team Jaguar, may very well become Team Ford next year. He didn't really say what changes that would bring to the team, other than the name.

I'm wondering if Red Bull is pulling out due to the fact that Jaguar didn't give American Townsend Bell a drive for this year. It's no secret that Red Bull has been searching for the next American to go to F1, and T Bell was high on that list...
Old 21 Aug 2004, 17:12 (Ref:1073741)   #12
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It may well be a Ford team, but run by Christian Horner.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 17:41 (Ref:1073759)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
I'm wondering if Red Bull is pulling out due to the fact that Jaguar didn't give American Townsend Bell a drive for this year. It's no secret that Red Bull has been searching for the next American to go to F1, and T Bell was high on that list...
Unlikely. It was Red Bull sponsorship which got Klien the drive, so I suspect they consciously chose him over Bell.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 21:01 (Ref:1073880)   #14
Fondmetal
Rookie

Fondmetal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good! jag is a useless team anyway...managment blunders, and bad working ethics!!
Old 21 Aug 2004, 21:20 (Ref:1073901)   #15
touringcarnut
Veteran

India
Hyderabad, India
touringcarnut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fondmetal
good! jag is a useless team anyway...managment blunders, and bad working ethics!!
That's a bit harsh.... They're just managerially challenged.. or something like that!
Old 21 Aug 2004, 21:21 (Ref:1073902)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No. They are abysmal. Let's say it like it is.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 22:33 (Ref:1073955)   #17
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I like Klien,he overtakes.

He'd look good in the Red Bull BAR seat.
Old 21 Aug 2004, 23:12 (Ref:1073991)   #18
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Wasted assets my asset! They're (Ford) shutting down a large production plant near here that has a state of the art paint shop that was never even used full on. "Ford F1" in 2005 if it does happen (the lifeboats look to be leaving now) probably won't last for long.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 06:49 (Ref:1074117)   #19
Bridget Stone
Racer

Bridget Stone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Armco Bender
I like Klien,he overtakes.

He'd look good in the Red Bull BAR seat.
I agree, i really hope Klien gets another chance in F-1, somehow i feel he can be a really great driver.

love, bridget
Old 22 Aug 2004, 10:02 (Ref:1074204)   #20
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've thought for a while that Ford, with it's recent financial difficulties, put Jaguar on standby after the team failed to succeed initially. In other words, here's 30 mil to keep the team afloat every year until we can tip in $200 mil a year in 2008 or whatever.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 10:17 (Ref:1074214)   #21
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Possibly.

That would explain a lot.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 10:23 (Ref:1074222)   #22
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive heard from a reliable source (i hate using that phrase on BB's) that the Jaguar budget is "tyrrell-esque"
Old 22 Aug 2004, 11:08 (Ref:1074257)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Russfeld
Ive heard from a reliable source (i hate using that phrase on BB's) that the Jaguar budget is "tyrrell-esque"
The team doesnt quite have the cache of Uncle Ken's mob though
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Aug 2004, 11:32 (Ref:1074283)   #24
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jag would benifit from not having a complete new team every year, keep the drivers, managers, tech staff, engineers the same for at least one year and you may see progress.

Look at the teams doing well, or bouncing back from a mess they are the ones that are truly a team.
Old 22 Aug 2004, 11:47 (Ref:1074298)   #25
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the sooner drivers who jump into f1 before they are ready get kicked out the better. This way it may stop the next Karting champion from thinking f1 is the next step.

if you got into f1 before you where ready and it killed your career, people / managers would be a lot less likley to push sponsor driven drivers into F1 before they where ready