Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Sep 2018, 01:07 (Ref:3852070)   #126
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sparse on track action because HSR scheduled a vintage race the same weekend as SVRA at VIR. Think they won the weekend:

Today’s speed festival at VIR not only offers the much anticipated pro-am, but races for all four classes of professional Trans Am, vintage motorcycles, and the Mazda Heritage Cup race for first generation Miatas. Six feature races grouping several classes of vintage cars will run throughout the afternoon. There are 322 race cars on the grounds, an all-time VIR record.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 02:26 (Ref:3852103)   #127
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Damnit. I was hoping for a grass miracle. I'm bringing straw rain or shine.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 03:19 (Ref:3852115)   #128
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Damnit. I was hoping for a grass miracle. I'm bringing straw rain or shine.
Apparently there was clover and green early. Then Jeremy stopped the rain and now it's a dust bowl and clay pot
Old 23 Sep 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3852215)   #129
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went by our spot during the Ferrari Challenge weekend to do some recon.
We don't have much of a grass problem. The trade off is that the ground isn't very level.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Sep 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3852221)   #130
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
I went by our spot during the Ferrari Challenge weekend to do some recon.
We don't have much of a grass problem. The trade off is that the ground isn't very level.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Its not that level over there either. It just looks that way compared to everything else around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Apparently there was clover and green early. Then Jeremy stopped the rain and now it's a dust bowl and clay pot
Yup. Its my fault. I should go camp there and it'll rain sideways and never hit the ground.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3852280)   #131
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Yup. Its my fault. I should go camp there and it'll rain sideways and never hit the ground.
Just remember to bring a tent and an ******* with a pressure washer
Old 23 Sep 2018, 20:34 (Ref:3852295)   #132
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm thinking Thursday fry up for Tony, full English with beans, eggs, sausage, "bacon" and tomatoes. And yes, the oven is coming with biscuits and cinnamon rolls. And I'm thinking about trying brownies in the Dutch oven one night and the usual black forest cake.
Old 23 Sep 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3852297)   #133
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like brownies. Want any extra ingredients?
Old 25 Sep 2018, 02:51 (Ref:3852525)   #134
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I like brownies. Want any extra ingredients?
walnuts are always good.
Old 25 Sep 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3852599)   #135
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
We are almost into that 10 day forecast. Really??!!!

We have some rain this week, which is good. Please cool us off some, moisten the ground a little and knock down this ragweed.

It looks a little wet Sunday through Tues the week of, which would be nice, but then we need it to dry up!!

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0069:1:US

Temps look warmish.
Old 25 Sep 2018, 20:04 (Ref:3852674)   #136
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
We are almost into that 10 day forecast. Really??!!!

We have some rain this week, which is good. Please cool us off some, moisten the ground a little and knock down this ragweed.

It looks a little wet Sunday through Tues the week of, which would be nice, but then we need it to dry up!!

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0069:1:US

Temps look warmish.
I'm not going to look at the forecast until I'm packing. Which reminds me, every year I say I should just make a list that I keep and every year I fail to do that. So starting from square one again this year, except this year I've got a new tent.
Old 25 Sep 2018, 22:35 (Ref:3852683)   #137
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
every year I say I should just make a list that I keep and every year I fail to do that. So starting from square one again this year, except this year I've got a new tent.
It's more fun to put spreadsheets/check lists together and wonder what you forgot to put on there.
Old 25 Sep 2018, 23:39 (Ref:3852686)   #138
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I cheat and most of my gear is all stored together. But then I make 3 or more food lists so I can't say much there. Think this weekend is time to get the gear out of storage at the parents' place and make sure everything is there and clean. And add in the new stuff.

Two weeks from tonight and camping trackside
Old 26 Sep 2018, 01:50 (Ref:3852695)   #139
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I just start chunking shat into a car, van or truck 24 hrs before I depart, in between trips to the package store, butcher shop and the grocery.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 01:56 (Ref:3852696)   #140
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I just start chunking shat into a car, van or truck 24 hrs before I depart, in between trips to the package store, butcher shop and the grocery.
And haircuts
Old 26 Sep 2018, 02:28 (Ref:3852699)   #141
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
And haircuts
Naturally. Hopefully.
Old 26 Sep 2018, 03:02 (Ref:3852702)   #142
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Naturally. Hopefully.
Well Eric might share his fiber in the morning if you ask nicely
Old 26 Sep 2018, 03:09 (Ref:3852703)   #143
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Well Eric might share his Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer in the morning if you ask nicely

Fixed!
Old 26 Sep 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3852752)   #144
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:

Fixed!
But is that a natural haircut or more of an emergency situation?

Old 26 Sep 2018, 17:22 (Ref:3852816)   #145
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
But is that a natural haircut or more of an emergency situation?

Yes.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 14:13 (Ref:3852968)   #146
btracing82
Rookie

btracing82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So no camping for me all my friends bailed last minute and my mom always comes down loves sports cars and went to UGA so going to be awkwardly sharing the hotel room with her in Braselton believe it or not she goes to Sebring to but always rents a house while I camp but anyways I know where y'all are at but what are some marker's flag or car/truck wise want to meet up.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 16:01 (Ref:3852984)   #147
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing82 View Post
So no camping for me all my friends bailed last minute and my mom always comes down loves sports cars and went to UGA so going to be awkwardly sharing the hotel room with her in Braselton believe it or not she goes to Sebring to but always rents a house while I camp but anyways I know where y'all are at but what are some marker's flag or car/truck wise want to meet up.
That's a bummer of sorts, but hopefully, we'll meet you and mom! Look for the gray Apache camper, Dodge Trucks, some canopies and a glorious camp kitchen under the water oak at T4. Hope to be right on the infield gravel road. We should have the pumpkin lights again (if can dig em out).

FYI. I grew up and currently live in Athens, but didn't attend UGA.

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 27 Sep 2018 at 16:25.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 16:24 (Ref:3852987)   #148
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Oh there will be pumpkin lights, already been looking at Kroger good sir. And prob good cafe lights from the canopies to the camper next season since I'm buying a couple hundred feet of them for a certain wedding
Old 27 Sep 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3853011)   #149
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing82 View Post
Quote:
That's a bummer of sorts, but hopefully, we'll meet you and mom! Look for the gray Apache camper, Dodge Trucks, some canopies and a glorious camp kitchen under the water oak at T4. Hope to be right on the infield gravel road. We should have the pumpkin lights again (if can dig em out).

FYI. I grew up and currently live in Athens, but didn't attend UGA.
Jeremy mentioned RAM trucks but forgot to say look for the sweet silver Mazda3 too,

We also camp with a giant, so look for the tallest biggest person you can, and if he is smoking a cigar you are in the right place.
Old 27 Sep 2018, 18:02 (Ref:3853013)   #150
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Jeremy mentioned RAM trucks but forgot to say look for the sweet silver Mazda3 too,

We also camp with a giant, so look for the tallest biggest person you can, and if he is smoking a cigar while cooking sweat goodness, you are in the right place.
The Mazda is in the picture, perilously close to canopies. And added to the description of broad.