Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 7 Sep 2010, 22:09 (Ref:2755959)   #26
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My bad, AVIS...not Hertz.

Too many memories of yellow Penske cars, I guess.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2756090)   #27
marcostraz
Veteran

marcostraz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
I just hope half these teams will be around next year. If Duno is gone next year (and her CITGO money) what happens to Coyne? I think this may be their last year of Indycar Racing.
I think that it's normal that, before the end of the year, there are a lot of question mark...I have to remember you the last year situation: this winter a lot of people think that we have no more than 20 cars...and now we saw that Indycar had to change the qualifying format and other rules because there were too much cars...I think ke we have to stay quite and more optimistic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Also, what about Sarah Fisher Racing, don't you think If Dollar General wants to stay as a sponsor in indycar they would want to go to a bigger team like Andretti? I know its great to support the little guys(and girls) but if I were Dollar General I would not be at all pleased with the results.
Maybe with a more talented driver than Sarah Fisher the team could increase the results (and its reputetion)...remeber that they have a top ten finish this year at the first race with Rahal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Rabbit View Post
Dollar General put the big money into their NASCAR program, and it's probably pretty cheap to sponsor a part-time season for Sarah Fisher. Considering Fisher gets a lot of coverage every time she races, it's probably a better deal than spending the same to get a decal on an Andretti car for the full year. Results are about sales, not podium finishes, so I guess they see the sense in it.
For example, I don't think that, from a sporting point of view, their NASCAR program is better than IndyCar program...
Old 8 Sep 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2756138)   #28
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wheldon and Carpenter seem to be an "oval dream team" at Panther at the moment. All they still need to prove that is a win. But it's great that Panther Racing has returned to being the oval powerhouse they used to be. Here's hoping that they will get enough sponsorship together to run Dan full season and add Ed to their lineup on all of the ovals. Their recent performances have been very exciting. Coming from the CART side of the "split", I've never thought I would be that happy with an IRL team outracing my favourites, but this is something special and a true sign of the reunification. So I hope that they can keep both their drivers.

Dollar General seems to be quite happy with Sarah Fisher Racing. The exposure they got with Sarah running near the top of the field for a while at Chicagoland surely must have gone pretty well down their alley. Plus, the early season exposure that Dollar General got with running Graham Rahal probably was a good investment, too. As I recall, they are the sponsor of Jacques Villeneuve in the Nationwide Series road course races. How about fielding Jacques in the #66 Sarah Fisher Racing entry for Toronto and Edmonton next year? That surely would give both Dollar General and the IZOD IndyCar Series a lot of media exposure in Canada.

The fusion of Walker Racing and Team 3G came as a total surprise for me. Walker used to be a team winning races in CART and ChampCar and I hope that they can come back in a big way. My guess is they enter next year so they have got some experience when the new car comes along.

FAZZT has been a great success story on the track. Somebody from the sponsor side must have noticed their performance that was outstanding for a rookie team this season. Who would have guessed that Alex Tagliani in the FAZZT car would be able to battle with the big guys from Penske and Ganassi as often as he did this year? FAZZT are fast indeed.

Silly season usually lasts up until the start of the 1st race of the next season in IndyCar, so it's almost too soon to talk about it here.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 00:50 (Ref:2757067)   #29
PZippy
Rookie

United States
Park Ridge, Illinois
PZippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You guys can all doubt whether Coyne will be on the grid in 2011, but my money's on him being there. Whether he sells the ride, or runs one car - they are the ultimate survivors. BTW, while we all know the story on Milka - Alex Lloyd (perhaps the rookie of the year) was hired, he brought no sponsorship. Dale should get some kudos for that.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 15:19 (Ref:2757303)   #30
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correction to what I wrote above about Briscoe: Curt Cavin in the IndyStar wrote today that Briscoe is NOT under contract with Penske as of season's end.
Old 10 Sep 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2757332)   #31
marcostraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagtechOhio View Post
Correction to what I wrote above about Briscoe: Curt Cavin in the IndyStar wrote today that Briscoe is NOT under contract with Penske as of season's end.
It's an important point...
Old 10 Sep 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2757346)   #32
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
PZippy, it seems that you are right. Coyne is America's Minardi: usually fighting of the last places but always present, watching better funded teams come and go.
Old 11 Sep 2010, 02:19 (Ref:2757543)   #33
PZippy
Rookie

United States
Park Ridge, Illinois
PZippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
PZippy, it seems that you are right. Coyne is America's Minardi: usually fighting of the last places but always present, watching better funded teams come and go.
Yes and Minardi became Toro Rosso and now they don't suck nearly as much as they used. Dale won a race last year - I think Lloyd could win on an oval someday soon....
Old 14 Sep 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2759222)   #34
gaaaaz
Rookie

gaaaaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have heard something about "JayKay" moving to Indy after his title in Indylight? (He doesn't have it yet, but he should on the last race of the season after impressive rookie year he've done)
Old 15 Sep 2010, 15:53 (Ref:2759879)   #35
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently Jenson Button popped off to the 78 pit for a race this year, seems like either he would fancy a go or McLaren is sniffing around that team. Them and probably the other 11 teams on the F1 grid

Could she be in Indy at all after next year if one of the teams makes a good enough offer? I know McLaren have at least one driver due up around the 2012 season...
Old 15 Sep 2010, 20:35 (Ref:2760055)   #36
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Jenson has a sweet tooth for Swiss chocolates.
Old 16 Sep 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2760538)   #37
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Read on another site that Marshall Pruett tweeted today that a "Talented American Driver" could be going to one of the "Big 2" for 2011.

Graham Rahal apparently also has been tweeting that he has something big in the works.

Graham to Ganassi?

Penske doesn't have the room, unless he would cut Briscoe loose to make room for Graham.

Also, remember that when Graham was rideless at the beginning of the season, he said he had some sponsorship lined up for 2011, but the late notice he got on his NH ride falling through wouldn't let him race much this year.

It also was a speculated reason why he didn't sign with Dale Coyne...He only wanted a one-year deal because he didn't want to be locked in on something for 2011 with Coyne when better opportunities might be available.

hmmmm....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 17 Sep 2010, 03:08 (Ref:2760680)   #38
Andy Roberts
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Andy Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good for Graham if he ends up at Gannasi as about time he got a decent ride.
Old 1 Oct 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2767635)   #39
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
This is from today's IndyStar by Curt Cavin:

"Wheldon and Panther Racing apparently won't be parting on the best of terms after this race. Filing as DW Motorsports, Wheldon has a lawsuit pending in Marion County Superior Court against Panther Racing LLC and John Barnes Racing. The suit, apparently involving a contract dispute between the British driver and team owner John Barnes, was filed Aug. 18."

Seems likely that's one empty seat, and one free agent.
Old 2 Oct 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2768003)   #40
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Cavin wrote the following as a retraction to yesterday's story: there WAS a lawsuit, settled, so the status between Wheldon and Panther is an open question.

Cavin was the same source that first reported Briscoe to be under contract with Penske, then later wrote the opposite. Silly season indeed.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...er-Dan-Wheldon
Old 2 Oct 2010, 21:25 (Ref:2768387)   #41
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Graham Rahal announced today that he got a check from Service Central, who will be his personal sponsor for at least 2011.

That's the company who sponsored Jay Howard and Sarah Fisher Racing. So it would appear that both of them have been sent packing by Service Central.

What team Rahal will drive for has not been announced. Lots to speculate about there, at least 5 teams including his Dad's.
Old 3 Oct 2010, 00:57 (Ref:2768488)   #42
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Will Power confirmed at Team Penske for 2011.
Old 3 Oct 2010, 01:50 (Ref:2768499)   #43
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Sarah Fisher hanging up her helmet?

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20101002/IRL/101009980
Old 3 Oct 2010, 03:22 (Ref:2768517)   #44
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
She could keep crossing the bricklane, but it's best for her team to hire a fresh driver.

ESPN Latin America broadcasters said that Briscoe's budget is nearly done. Saavedra just needs to pick the best team. KV will ahve two Lotus cars, hope at least one of the is for a proper driver.
Old 3 Oct 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2768680)   #45
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
In today's "Pit Pass" column, Sarah clearly stated that she will put someone else in the primary car full-time, and although she hasn't ruled out a one-off with her in a second car, she feels that it would be a "distraction' when she needs to focus on funding the primary car.

She hasn't put both feet through the "driver retirement door" yet, but at least one is clearly through the door jamb.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 4 Oct 2010, 00:30 (Ref:2768865)   #46
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well you guys may want to add TK to the list. Seven Eleven told the team, that they wont be back in 2011. idk if they are leaving the sport, or going to another team.

Andretti Autosport told TK that he can look around for 2011.

So what team?

I still say he should of taken that Ganassi deal a few years ago.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2768871)   #47
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I guess that's why he ran Danica so hard.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 08:44 (Ref:2768952)   #48
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
from Petit Lemans:

Bobby Rahal: “A great team is a great team regardless of where you compete, so I think we showed we belong in endurance racing as well as Indy car racing."

Still hopes to rejoin the fray. If he can find a legge to stand on?
Old 4 Oct 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2768957)   #49
marcostraz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Well you guys may want to add TK to the list. Seven Eleven told the team, that they wont be back in 2011. idk if they are leaving the sport, or going to another team.

Andretti Autosport told TK that he can look around for 2011.
Is Rahal arriving?
Old 4 Oct 2010, 09:33 (Ref:2768985)   #50
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
Might as well add AA to the list of teams rumored to be on Rahal's list. He's been linked to more than a few already.

Having a check in his pocket will make him a pretty popular lad.