Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Mar 2007, 10:37 (Ref:1867148)   #1
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LMS Official Test Days at HTTT Paul Ricard (25/26 March 2007)

The Official Le Mans Series Test Days at HTTT Paul Ricard are looming large. It should be a fascinating couple of days with so many new cars on display this year. News is beginning to filter through, so, from the Offical Le Mans Series Website...........

The Timetable

The Entry List
Old 15 Mar 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1867161)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pescarolo will be running the new cars in 2006 configuration (the same as the Rollcentre car). The supply of some parts for the 2007 configuration have been delayed, the first full spec car should be ready for Monza, the second in time for Valencia. So, the Test Days will mainly be used to give the drivers some tracktime to acclimatise.

This situation will surely give Rollcentre an interesting opportunity to compare their Dunlop shod car to the 'works' cars.

The likely driver line-up for the Primat car would appear to be Harold Primat and Christophe Tinseau for the Le Mans Series with Benoit Treluyer installed as the third driver for Le Mans. Official confirmation is expected at the Test Days.

(Source article on Endurance-Info.com)

Last edited by Bentley03; 15 Mar 2007 at 10:58.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 16:17 (Ref:1867360)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will this be aired on the web somewhere? I have checked for listings at globecast ( .0157 and Radio LM) but found nothing! It would be nice to get set up early so as not to be in a last minute mad scramble!

Thanx

L.P.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1867382)   #4
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Guess Primat-Tinseau-Treluyer and Boullion-Collard-Dumas solves the issue over weather Loeb will drive .

Tinseau at Pescarolo , he was supposed to be with Del Bello in a LC75 .

Tinseau was a quick driver for Cadillac , Matthews Racing Riley Mk.3C and Dams Lola . Good choice

Whose doing the driving at Del Bello then ?
Old 15 Mar 2007, 20:07 (Ref:1867586)   #5
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So the one time I don't predict Treluyer as a possibility for a French proto drive...

Good lineup for Henri though, nice to see Tinseau in a car more competitive than one of Noel's though, he's a talent as I remember it from watching him at Mosport in the Caddy LMPs.
Old 15 Mar 2007, 21:10 (Ref:1867655)   #6
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
It is indeed a strong lineup for both cars, but I'm a touch surprised that Didier Andre isn't in there.

I appreciate he's more of a pay driver than the seasoned French pro's that Henri prefers but given his input was more or less needed for Pescarolos full season last year it brings up the interesting question of who's the big sponsor paying for Pescarolo's highly impressive campaign this year.
Old 16 Mar 2007, 01:51 (Ref:1867881)   #7
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Harold Primat brings more budget than Andre, I'd wager. I can't see Henri letting more than 1 pay driver in his team, can you?
Old 16 Mar 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1868444)   #8
russ250575
Racer

England
England,Milton Keynes
russ250575 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How comes Creation are on the list yet there car is not being crash tested till the 25th according to there website ?
Old 16 Mar 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1868473)   #9
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
Will this be aired on the web somewhere? I have checked for listings at globecast ( .0157 and Radio LM) but found nothing! It would be nice to get set up early so as not to be in a last minute mad scramble!

Thanx

L.P.
Old 16 Mar 2007, 19:15 (Ref:1868482)   #10
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
How comes Creation are on the list yet there car is not being crash tested till the 25th according to there website ?
The car their listed as using in the test is last season Hybrid car, not their new one.
Old 16 Mar 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1868488)   #11
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real DMN
The car their listed as using in the test is last season Hybrid car, not their new one.
Correct, it'll be fitted out with the larger wheels and tyres and (according to Bicks) all the latest 2007 gizmos.

The car is currently sporting a 'gleaming white' livery!
Old 16 Mar 2007, 19:28 (Ref:1868492)   #12
The Real DMN
Racer

England
North Yorkshire
The Real DMN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I read that about "all the latest 2007 gizmos" on the Creation website.

I asume their using the car as a test mule? I thought that chassis was heading out to the ALMS later in the season to race along side the other (Intersport) Hybrid chassis?
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:29 (Ref:1871611)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Harold Primat brings more budget than Andre, I'd wager. I can't see Henri letting more than 1 pay driver in his team, can you?
That is a perfectly fair and valid point - I hadn't thought about precisely how deep Primat's pockets were.

A question does remain over who's paying Henri's bills though - I can't see it all coming from chassis sales and Primat. Big new Playstation 3 logos perhaps?
Old 19 Mar 2007, 18:34 (Ref:1871618)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Playstation 3?
Matmut?
Old 19 Mar 2007, 22:56 (Ref:1871831)   #15
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
This has been pointed out elsewhere on another thread, but Peugeot will be running just one car at Paul Ricard. All the drivers will be present apart from Jacques Villeneuve. The majority of the driving will be undertaken by Sebastien Bourdais and Pedro Lamy to help them familiarise themselves with the car.

The full article is on Endurance-Info.com .
Old 19 Mar 2007, 23:21 (Ref:1871851)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
This has been pointed out elsewhere on another thread, but Peugeot will be running just one car at Paul Ricard. All the drivers will be present apart from Jacques Villeneuve. The majority of the driving will be undertaken by Sebastien Bourdais and Pedro Lamy to help them familiarise themselves with the car.

The full article is on Endurance-Info.com .
This is an odd move. I can't read French, but does the article give a reason? I'd certainly like to hear the reasoning behind this.
Old 20 Mar 2007, 02:26 (Ref:1871957)   #17
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The second Peugeot was still being built so it's probably simply not ready. Having 6 drivers for only one car makes no sense; the only reason for missing part of this testing opportunity has to be that the second car isn't readyto take part. Another possibility would be that the new chassis is built up to a newer spec and is not yet reliable enough to run or wants to keep the updates secret; remember the HTTT test is public...

I would guess the car will show good flashes of speed at Le Mans and probably even Monza, but reliability seems very problematic. Villeneuve's feedback on his first test was that the car showed correct speed but long/normal stints were impossible. A podium at Le Mans would be a great accomplishment for them. At least the Peugeot diesel and the FSI engine in the race will show us how much BS Audi has been feeding us...
Old 20 Mar 2007, 13:13 (Ref:1872300)   #18
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix
The second Peugeot was still being built so it's probably simply not ready. Having 6 drivers for only one car makes no sense;
Makes a lot of sense to me , cuz Villeneuve wont be getting that much hands on before the big day !!

Pescarolo did a 24 hour lest a few years ago with all his drivers driving one car !!!
Old 20 Mar 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1872491)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
DSC have published an updated Entry List for Paul Ricard revealing that one of the Peugeot's and the Creation can be scrubbed off the list on the Official LMS Website. The entries for LMP2/GT1/GT2 remain unchanged (as far as I can see!).
Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1872636)   #20
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
diesel rant

hmmm itll be interestin to see how the peugeot will compare with the stupid diesel biased rules.
i dont want to sound like an angry teenager, but the diesel rules are a joke, and they're ruining sportscar racing for everyone!
i think they cover it...
Old 20 Mar 2007, 22:23 (Ref:1872639)   #21
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge
A question does remain over who's paying Henri's bills though - I can't see it all coming from chassis sales and Primat. Big new Playstation 3 logos perhaps?
quite probably, or hes scrounging. i hope playstation stump up- but they wouldnt want to get thrashed by xbox 360 sponsored peugeot...
Old 22 Mar 2007, 07:50 (Ref:1873587)   #22
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Another one to strike off the Entry List........Endurance-Info.com are reporting that the Thierry Perrier Porsche 997 has also been withdrawn from the Test Days at Paul Ricard. No reason has been given.

(OT Must say, I do like the gloriously technicolored list published on Endurance-Info.com. Reminds me of a certain Chamberlain-Synergy TVR livery from the recent past. Nice one!)
Old 22 Mar 2007, 10:14 (Ref:1873659)   #23
Stephan2738
Racer

Stephan2738 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I read on the Spyker website that they are entering one works car next to the Speedy team Spyker at the test days at Paul Ricard. The Speedy C8 GT2-R is on the entry list but the works no. 85 car is not. I'm a bit confused here, but time will tell...
Old 22 Mar 2007, 12:46 (Ref:1873732)   #24
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It was Team LNT with 'that' livery
Old 22 Mar 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1873800)   #25
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
It was Team LNT with 'that' livery
Ah, yes.......you're right (just for a change )!