Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What's your score?
10 2 6.45%
9 4 12.90%
8 14 45.16%
7 8 25.81%
6 2 6.45%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Nov 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3941570)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Enjoyed that race so gave it 7
Old 19 Nov 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3941622)   #17
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Down-rated to a 7 because of the crassly handled first SC period - otherwise would certainly have warranted an 8....maybe higher.
Old 20 Nov 2019, 10:56 (Ref:3941739)   #18
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I watched my son's inline hockey team win two games on Sunday so I can't use the same reason for a 10.....
I watched my son's hockey (field) team win 7-1 on Saturday and 3-1 on Sunday, which neatly adds up to 10 goals for them (and two for him) and completely justifies my choice of 10 for the race
Old 20 Nov 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3941771)   #19
Aysedasi
Retirement Club Member
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mine scored two as well, one in each game.....

Old 25 Nov 2019, 02:35 (Ref:3942666)   #20
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ayse,

Does technology to record races or watch them after the fact not exist in your country in order to only see highlights?

I remember not all that long ago taping races on VHS when I had to go to work and watch it when I got home.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 25 Nov 2019, 02:35 (Ref:3942667)   #21
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yeah, I give the race 9.5

Old 25 Nov 2019, 07:09 (Ref:3942695)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Ayse,

Does technology to record races or watch them after the fact not exist in your country in order to only see highlights?

I remember not all that long ago taping races on VHS when I had to go to work and watch it when I got home.

The only live coverage in the UK is via Sky and most sensible folks refuse to pay the subscription fee. This is one of the reasons for the decline in viewing UK and worldwide.

The only public broadcast service available in the UK this year is Channel 4 highlights. They do a good job and in most cases they cover what's necessary. Let's face it there are generally no more than ten minutes of highlights an any one race weekend anyway.
Old 25 Nov 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3942757)   #23
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Very strange...UK F1 fans should seriously consider moving to Canada in order to take advantage of watching F1 coverage on SkySports for free. Well, when I say free, the sports channels are a part of your monthly cable/satellite tv package with a pile of other channels.

Old 25 Nov 2019, 15:27 (Ref:3942765)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePeter Mallett will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[off topic]True but don't forget the UK pays a TV licence fee of around 170 per annum which covers the terrestrial services. It actually goes to the BBC but you can't have a TV without a licence. So that means a subscription service is in addition to the licence fee, which you would need to get the service anyway. So to watch F1 on Sky (I don't know what the fee actually is) you pay 170 plus (say) 250.00 per year.[/off topic]
Old 26 Nov 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3942987)   #25
Aysedasi
Retirement Club Member
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Very strange...UK F1 fans should seriously consider moving to Canada in order to take advantage of watching F1 coverage on SkySports for free. Well, when I say free, the sports channels are a part of your monthly cable/satellite tv package with a pile of other channels.
[also off-topic] Its a nice idea Pete and my hockey-loving son would be wholly supportive (!), but having just retired it's not exactly on my shortlist of things to do. Having said that, if we make a pigs-ear of the upcoming election and suffer more years of our parliamentarians forgetting why WE put them there, I could think again! [/also off-topic]