Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 5 Jun 2017, 13:48 (Ref:3738771)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2017 Isle of Man TT

I am behind on the Velocity recap shows but intend to catch up this evening with the first 2.

Anyone else watching the TTs this year? I think we have one 10ther in attendance. Certainly on my bucket list of events to attend.

I've been able to watch a few of the Irish Road Racing series this year thanks to CBS Sports, so I'm primed for some TT madness!
Old 6 Jun 2017, 00:34 (Ref:3738914)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Yep,watch every race.Its the last great real racing event left.
Old 8 Jun 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3739530)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm still a couple of days behind but Hutchie has claimed two trophies this year, winning the Superbike and Superstock races, while the Mountain Course has claimed 2 lives this year.

28 year old Dutch rider Jochem van den Hoek crashed at the 11th Milestone on his first lap Wednesday morning during the superstock race.

48 year old English rider Davey Lambert crashed at Greeba Castle on his 3rd lap of the Superbike race on Tuesday.

This was van den Hoek's 2nd year attacking the Mountain Course and was Lambert's first.

Condolences to their family and friends.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 04:22 (Ref:3739854)   #4
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I didn't see this until now, but three riders have been lost so far - Alan Bonner, 33, from Stamullen in the Republic of Ireland suffered fatal injuries after crashing at the 33rd Milestone on the Mountain section.

Hutchie now has another TT win and I'm only half way caught up in coverage.

Hope it's safe from here on out.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 14:48 (Ref:3739963)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
R.I.P.

Old 11 Jun 2017, 19:43 (Ref:3740325)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
A wet week is over that saw the elimination of the second super sport race because of it.

Michael Dunlop took the Senior TT. Unfortunately, the race was interrupted on the 2nd lap when Ian Hutchinson had an off at the 27th just starting the mountain mile. He sustained a broken femur in an accident that could've been much worse. Everyone had the chance to regroup and Dunlop and the Suzuki team took full advantage, winning by 10 seconds, iirc.

Peter Hickman podiumed in every solo race! Quite impressive. He should see the top step before too long. Dean Harrison had a great week too as did his father.

Love this event and it goes by so quick. Unfortunately, every year, we add to the list

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 11 Jun 2017 at 19:49.
Old 12 Jun 2017, 01:35 (Ref:3740372)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
James Hillier's Balla-Scary Moment of the Weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46KuqaehOHc

Old 16 Jun 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3742116)   #8
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Yep,watch every race.Its the last great real racing event left.
Not quite, any of the 3 Internationals let alone the Irish Championship races and the 3 Scarborough events in the UK. Lots of it about, just he TT is the one that is world known.
Old 16 Jun 2017, 08:57 (Ref:3742125)   #9
ForZiE23
Rookie

United Kingdom
Thame, Oxfordshire
ForZiE23 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched the highlights and still amazes me the skills these guys have, or maybe balls! Hillers moment was crazy
Old 16 Jun 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3742172)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Not quite, any of the 3 Internationals let alone the Irish Championship races and the 3 Scarborough events in the UK. Lots of it about, just he TT is the one that is world known.
I unfortunately got coverage of the Northwest 200 after this race (Scarborough beforehand). NW is completely bonkers, but there's certainly a little extra with the Isle of Man.

But indeed, good examples and a decent amount still left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForZiE23 View Post
I watched the highlights and still amazes me the skills these guys have, or maybe balls! Hillers moment was crazy
Blows me away every year.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3748016)   #11
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`ve met Asp at TT17. And despite the weather woes (worst TT weather wise in ages according to elderly Manxies) it was a great full fortnight
I`ll be back for the Manx full fortnight

Last edited by Andy77; 30 Jun 2017 at 18:51.
Old 30 Jun 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3748019)   #12
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
A wet week is over that saw the elimination of the second super sport race because of it.

Michael Dunlop took the Senior TT. Unfortunately, the race was interrupted on the 2nd lap when Ian Hutchinson had an off at the 27th just starting the mountain mile. He sustained a broken femur in an accident that could've been much worse. Everyone had the chance to regroup and Dunlop and the Suzuki team took full advantage, winning by 10 seconds, iirc.

Peter Hickman podiumed in every solo race! Quite impressive. He should see the top step before too long. Dean Harrison had a great week too as did his father.

Love this event and it goes by so quick. Unfortunately, every year, we add to the list
Dan Kneens 3rd in the Superstock race, which was for him and also for his team Penz13 the very first TT podium ever has been one of the highlights for me. And that lengendary BBQ before Dan and the Penz boys left for the price presentation at Villa Marina