Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Dec 2000, 22:22 (Ref:51554)   #1
Sarah_I
Rookie

Sarah_I should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hi every1 I'm new to this board. So i just thought i'd introduce myself. Well obviously my names Sarah, I'm 16 and from Bedfordshire. I go to all of the British F3 meetings (apart from Croft - too far away) and I'm an absolutely mad fan of Michael Bentwood!
Ok hope 2 speak 2 some of u soon
Sarah
x
Old 7 Dec 2000, 23:28 (Ref:51560)   #2
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Welcome Sarah!
Old 8 Dec 2000, 02:39 (Ref:51580)   #3
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome Sarah.

Say hi to James Courtney from his fans in Australia.
Old 8 Dec 2000, 10:00 (Ref:51601)   #4
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Sarah, Welcome.
Are you interested in other formula's or just F3?
Are you looking forward too the new season? Who do you think will be the top drivers/teams next year??
Old 8 Dec 2000, 19:55 (Ref:51643)   #5
Sarah_I
Rookie

Thanx 4 the welcome every1. Yeah I'm looking forward to the F3 championship next season! I can't wait until Silverstone. It can't come soon enough! I'll be following Michael still next year in whatever he is doing (hopefully F3000) but if Gimmi Bruni stays in British F3 which I think he may, I'll b keeping a close eye on him!
Sarah
Old 8 Dec 2000, 21:14 (Ref:51651)   #6
White Van Man
Racer

White Van Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly it looks like Gary 'the arse' Paffet is gonna walk the thing next year Let's pray that Takumo Sato can turn it on again - was looking forward to seeing Kimi take him on, but that's gone for a burton now...
Old 8 Dec 2000, 21:48 (Ref:51657)   #7
Sarah_I
Rookie

ohhh another person who doesn't particularly hold any love for garry paffett!!!! i've not liked him since the last corner incident between him and michael at thruxton first race last season. i've not got on with him since then!
I think if gimmi bruni gets in a good car next year, with a years experience behind him i think seriously could be in contention. what does any1 else think about this?
btw, does ne1 else go to many of the f3 races? and is ne1 on msn messenger service?
Sarah
Old 8 Dec 2000, 22:13 (Ref:51662)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Sarah,

Careful who you talk to here. A lot of those on this forum have never ventured past somewhere called ................. Castle Combe.

But don't worry its probably too far away from you.
Old 8 Dec 2000, 22:29 (Ref:51666)   #9
Sarah_I
Rookie

What do u mean by that?
Old 9 Dec 2000, 17:35 (Ref:51751)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 9 Dec 2000, 18:08 (Ref:51761)   #11
Sarah_I
Rookie

ok peter, winking tells me nothing more
Old 9 Dec 2000, 18:24 (Ref:51765)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
*Sigh*.

Sarah as we hope you'll be around for a long time, I'll explain. Lee, Graham, Dan Friel, Mad Rick and some others are afflicted with a terrible illness. They spend an awful lot of time raving about ................. Castle Combe. The rest of us think, no hope, its a passing phase but I fear the longer they spend on the board the more the affliction seems to be taking effect.

Still Dan's not too bad. (Got to say that because he may one day have to pull me out of my car).

I live in Buckinghamshire so you're not that far from me. You will be ideally placed for the opening of Rockingham. Silverstone must be your "home" circuit. Where else have you been?

BTW. Castle Combe is in Somerset and takes me about three hours (towing speed).
Old 9 Dec 2000, 18:29 (Ref:51766)   #13
Sarah_I
Rookie

Hi Peter. Ok thats a bit clearer now! Thanx.
Yeah Silverstone is my closest circuit. But Brands is pretty close too. I've been to Donington, Snetterton, Brands, Oulton Park, Thruxton and Silverstone. I think that's all...
So what do you race etc etc.... al the usual questions...

Old 11 Dec 2000, 19:35 (Ref:51982)   #14
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to a fellow F3 fan - a great rarity in the motorsport world.. but give me a F3 race rather than BTCC any day - future champions racing, excellent stuff!

Castle Combe's ok, but Cadwell is the best circuit in the country.. no F3 any there anymore...

You'll have to come to Combe next year, as Powertour will be visiting... it's Wiltshire - my home county (rather than Somerset!!).

Remember standing next to Bentwood's F3 just over a year ago as he launched it off the grid at THruxton - one of the best starts I've seen.. but will he be that good??
Old 11 Dec 2000, 19:54 (Ref:51987)   #15
Sarah_I
Rookie

With regards to Michael, he's always a great starter. If you watch clips of most of his starts and first laps, if he's ben unfortunate in qualifying and started further down the grid than he would have liked, you can almost be certain that he'll make up about 4 or 5 places over the start and first lap, note start at last Silverstone race last season.
He'll hopefully be in F3000 next year, so we'll see how he gets on. I'm hopeful of him doing well, he deserves it. He is out in Italy testing with Fortec F3000 today and tomorrow so I've had my fingers crossed all day.
Next season I'll be getting to as many of the F3 races as poss. I went everywhere but Croft and Spa last season.
It's a great championship to be a fan of!
Does anybody else back a particular driver?
Sarah

x x
Old 11 Dec 2000, 21:48 (Ref:52002)   #16
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well my best mate helped out Phil Hopkins this year - so we sort of supported him.. but no budget and old car didn't help.. Think he's called it quits now - still got injuries from massive smash in his Ultima back at Combe a couple of years ago...

No time for Paffett - I personally think he may be overrated, mind you he had no competition to rate himself aganist this year... and he was always going to beat class b allcomers with a works renualt engine..
Old 12 Dec 2000, 16:19 (Ref:52091)   #17
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
wow a conversation about F3

I agree that Paffet could be overrated but if he gets the Jag seat he may be unstoppable next year. Sato will definitely be a contender (he's so focussed)and also Craig Fleming if he gets the seat I'm hoping for.
Yes Philip has given up racing but his team, Hopkins Motorsport, look like they'll be entering 2 drivers next year so Philip will still be around to say 'hi' to.
It should be an exciting year with the new drivers (especially Anthony Davidson) and Alan Menu's team. Can't wait...I really can't wait.

Roll on media Day and the first race