Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum > Marshals Needed

Old 24 Mar 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2659294)   #1
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Help needed, Dunsfold, 16th May

Club Scuderia are running a charity rides day to raise money for The Childrens Trust at Dunsfold Aerodrome (home of Top Gear) and need help from about 25-30 marshals on the day.

In order to make it a pleasant day for you Club Scudeiria are suggesting using two groups of 12-15 marshals to run the track for them, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. Each marshal who volunteers will be given a family ticket so they can take their spouses and children and when not on duty you will have the opportunity to look at the cars and enjoy the other attractions that are there.

The expected timetable is as follows:

08.30/09.00 Drivers & Marshals arrive
09.15 Drivers & Marshals briefing
09.30/09.45 Sighting laps and Marshals to post
10.00 Charity rides begin
13.00 Brief pause as Marshals teams change over
16.30 Charity rides end

Last year Club Scuderia raised approx £30,000 for the charity so if you are able to help them this year please e-mail me at help@temp-yours.co.uk

On behalf of the organisers thanks in advance for your support.

Stephen
Old 24 Mar 2010, 18:45 (Ref:2659349)   #2
focuszetec
Racer

United Kingdom
Rayleigh, Essex
focuszetec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Email sent to you
Old 24 Mar 2010, 19:02 (Ref:2659359)   #3
Tal Aras
Racer

United Kingdom
Slough
Tal Aras should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Took the family to this last year for my daughters 4th birthday. the look on her face when we told her she was having a ride in a Ferrarri was great. It's well organised and a good day out, so I'd recommend it. Unfortunately, my daughter wanted something else this year so I can't make it.

One word of warning, it's not well signposted and I now understand the Top Gear jokes about James May following someone else to get there.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 22:20 (Ref:2659491)   #4
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My Dad used to work there and I had dealings when I served in the Royal Navy, so could find Dunsfold with me eyes closed, just hacked off Im so far north its not viable. Would love to do the event just logistically its not feasable!
Old 29 Mar 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2662841)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
We still need plenty of help so if anyone fancies helping out for half a day, all in a very good cause, please let me know. Don't forget you will be given a free family ticket so you can take them along with you and spend a half day enjoying the atmosphere!
Old 14 Apr 2010, 15:43 (Ref:2672692)   #6
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Come on guys and gals, I am still very short of help for this event, any other volunteers to help out for a good cause???
Old 14 Apr 2010, 15:50 (Ref:2672695)   #7
mmm_five
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
mmm_five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to help, but it's a 240 mile / 4-5 hour trip each way.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2672701)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I appreciate the problem and your kind offer of help had you been just a smidge closer to Guilford, Surrey...
Old 14 Apr 2010, 15:58 (Ref:2672702)   #9
mmm_five
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
mmm_five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You never know though, as if I'm working in Basingstoke that week then I'll make sure I take my probans with me.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2672703)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Cool...
Old 14 Apr 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2672726)   #11
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what will the marshals be required to do?
Old 14 Apr 2010, 18:02 (Ref:2672759)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Its working a half day (if we get enough of you) and its to provide safety cover around the track while the Ferarri drivers take paying passengers round. If you are able to help I will send you an e-ticket so you are able to take your family along and enjoy the part of the day you are not working. It should be a pretty easy day if all runs smoothly.
Old 14 Apr 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2672874)   #13
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i might be able to make the only problem is being a student without transport i would need a lift from somewhere that i can get to on the train at that time of a morning.

I also usually do pits/startline and haven't done any days on the "Bank" is this an issue
Old 15 Apr 2010, 06:35 (Ref:2672964)   #14
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Hi Matt, it's not an issue and it would be great to have you there if you can make it.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2673104)   #15
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
Ill be up for it then as long as someone can give me a lift from either Guildford, Haslemere or even portsmouth if theres someone going from this way that morning so i can make it to dunsfold itself
Old 17 May 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2692301)   #16
Neil Duke
Racer

Neil Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stephen,I would like to thank you & your guys for giving up your time for a great cause.The drivers & public are so much safer with you guys around,not sure they all appreciate that.
Heres hoping you all enjoyed it enough to come back next year
Old 17 May 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2692304)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Hi Neil, many thanks for your kind words. I think I speak for all of us when I say we too had a great day and it was amazing to see so many lovely cars being usd to raise well needed funds for the Tadworth Childrens Trust. I am already looking forward to being asked to help again next year!
Old 17 May 2010, 14:25 (Ref:2692579)   #18
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks & please do come again

I understand the total was about double last year's which is fantastic

On the feedback questionnaire I'm going to put a volunteer rides session as a suggestion for next year - hope that would be of interest
Old 17 May 2010, 14:34 (Ref:2692587)   #19
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Richard e-mailed to say they raised over £63,000 which is a fantastic result. On the subject of volunteer rides, a wonderful idea but please bear in mind we over-ran by 30 minutes yesterday (thanks to a very understanding circuit manager) in order to get all the paying passengers their rides.

I think it might be a good idea to open driver sign on earlier next year to avoid the queue and make it easier to get the briefing done and the days activity underway as soon as possible.
Old 17 May 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2692851)   #20
Norfolk Cockney
Rookie

United Kingdom
North London
Norfolk Cockney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Stephen

A great day with great machinery, happy people and a remarkable total. Being one of the marshals at the out point i can say what a great day it was. Getting the cars onto the track. Talking to drivers and passangers inbetween and knowing it was for such a worthy cause.

Count me in for next year if asked to help.
Old 18 May 2010, 10:05 (Ref:2693158)   #21
Neil Duke
Racer

Neil Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by josvandeperre View Post
I understand the total was about double last year's which is fantastic

On the feedback questionnaire I'm going to put a volunteer rides session as a suggestion for next year - hope that would be of interest
With you on that Jos,I suggest we pre-issue all forms,we then just hand them in.Few other ideas but will put them on the form.