Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum > Marshals Needed

Old 24 Apr 2007, 19:03 (Ref:1899541)   #1
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stingray 2CV 24hours Snetterton

Marshals of all grades required for the BARC / 2CV Racing Club 24hrs meeting, which will feature a BARC Race programme on the Saturday and Sunday morning which will be followed on Sunday afternoon with the Stingray 2CV 24 Hours through to 4pm Monday afternoon.

This event has a fantastic atmosphere, with superb camaraderie between the competitors, teams, sponsors, organisers and the marshalling teams. Come and join us for what will be a great weekend starting with the now traditional 2cv Club & Marshals pre-meeting social event on the Friday evening.

If you can assist with this event please contact the British Automobile Racing Club (BARC) via e:mail at swernham@barc.net.
See www.2cvracing.org.uk/marshals.html for more details.
Old 24 Apr 2007, 19:19 (Ref:1899557)   #2
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Terry,
Can't believe marshals are still needed for the event of the year!
I will be coming up on the Friday and staying over on the Monday aswell.
What happened to our entry??!!
Old 24 Apr 2007, 19:43 (Ref:1899582)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Annoyingly my final exam is on that Saturday (I didn't even know we did exams at weekends - needless to say I'm not happy).
Need to confirm details yet, but I should be up after the aforementioned exam in time for night practice
Old 24 Apr 2007, 19:58 (Ref:1899600)   #4
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i shall be arriving friday afternoon for my first 24hr. not sure about Stephanie as she has broken her ankle and i dont think camping will be much fun for her
Old 24 Apr 2007, 20:04 (Ref:1899605)   #5
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dean, there is a great pub just up the road that does B&B if your interested.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 07:38 (Ref:1899867)   #6
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
The provisional timetable for the weekend's programme is now available via the following link;http://www.barc.net/competitors/race.../hq0714-03.php.

As can be seen the timetable for the Saturday and Sunday morning has been carefully planned to ensure plenty of time for breaks etc and during the 24hour race rota's will, I believe, be planned on a 4hr on 4hr off basis, as in previous years. As always, the more marshals we have available the easier the manning situation will be.

We would appreciate your assistance even if you cannot attend the whole event, so if you can only do a part of the weekend please volunteer via Sara, providing details of your availability and get a taste of this unique event - you will be made most welcome by all involved.
Old 25 Apr 2007, 12:21 (Ref:1900048)   #7
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The provisional list has about 40 names for "the bank" for each day. Once you take out the few who will only do 8am - 6pm, we could be onto 18 per shift overnight.
Please volunteer even if you can only do a few hours and we will include you in the rotas.
Old 27 Apr 2007, 08:23 (Ref:1901488)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell
The provisional timetable for the weekend's programme is now available via the following link;http://www.barc.net/competitors/race.../hq0714-03.php.
I see on the timetable that there's some track time on the Sunday morning taking place off the licence.

Does any know if this means we get a lie-in, or are we covering it (albeit under difference insurance etc)?
Old 27 Apr 2007, 08:53 (Ref:1901509)   #9
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
I see on the timetable that there's some track time on the Sunday morning taking place off the licence.

Does any know if this means we get a lie-in, or are we covering it (albeit under difference insurance etc)?
Mark,
As it is tracktime for the Pistonfest 2007 members see link; www.pistonfest.com/default.asp it is a non MSA track event and should be covered by the circuit staff, which will mean a relaxful start to the Sunday! I will clarify this with Jamie at the weekend.

It is likely that with the extra promotion from the Stingray Media and the Pistonheads people that there will be a good deal of off track visitors and entertainment going on over the weekend, all of which will add a festival atmosphere to the event.

Terry
Old 5 May 2007, 20:36 (Ref:1907301)   #10
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
I have just received a note from Trevor Williams (Chairman of the 2CV Racing Club) requesting an indication of numbers of marshals who will be camping on the Friday evening 25th May and would wish to attend the 2CV Racing Club BBQ/ Social event.

As in past years the club have opened this event to all marshals and officials and it has been a brilliant evening and a superb start to the weekend.

If you will be there on the Friday evening could you please either confirm by posting a reply on here or by PM'ing OR e-mailing me at terryscannel@aol.com so that I can provide numbers to Trevor in order that he can organise tickets and catering etc?

Terry
Old 8 May 2007, 15:59 (Ref:1909122)   #11
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lady S and I shall be attending from Friday onwards (I believe we've already volunteered via the BARC form at the start of the season.
Old 15 May 2007, 21:16 (Ref:1914237)   #12
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only a few weeks to go and numbers are still a bit low. If you can make this weekend, volunteer now.
Old 15 May 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1914248)   #13
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I should already be on the list...really looking forward to this!!

I just hope we have good weather!
Old 16 May 2007, 19:02 (Ref:1914888)   #14
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Fantastic opportunity for 24hr Marshals - Win some hot laps in a top spec Britcar M3 race car!
Simon Leith, MD of Stingray Media Solutions Limited has contacted me today to offer a special prize specifically for a lucky marshal assisting over the weekend.

Simon will be providing passenger rides of some hot laps around Snetterton during the Sunday morning track-time session and a draw will take place amongst those marshals signed on over the weekend to win a session strapped in alongside Simon for a view of Snetterton from a totally different perspective - mostly out of a side window no doubt!!

Thanks from all of us in orange to Simon for providing this exciting prize available which is greatly appreciated.
Old 16 May 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1914905)   #15
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic offer , makes us feel wanted and respected. I just hope Simon has got some long belts if I win and a calendar for lap timing as the extra weight will slow him down.
Old 17 May 2007, 05:22 (Ref:1915082)   #16
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Marshals are still needed for this event so please contact Sara if you are able to help.

swernham@barc.net
Old 17 May 2007, 10:25 (Ref:1915247)   #17
JonJ
Rookie

England
Uttoxeter, Staffs
JonJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will hopefully make it down friday evening, though probably quite late as can't get the time off work. Always fun pitching the tent in the dark, just hope its dry at the time!

anyone know roughly what time the bbq runs? Would be good to mingle on the friday this year, as was living local last year so didn't make the friday.
Old 17 May 2007, 17:56 (Ref:1915485)   #18
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
JonJ, Good to hear that you'll be with us - at the moment I'm awaiting more info re the BBQ but I guess based on previous years it'll start around 7-7.30pm. I'll add you to the list for the BBQ.

See you on the Friday.

Terry
Old 17 May 2007, 18:59 (Ref:1915538)   #19
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Latest Team information and Steve Panas's predictions for the race are available at http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/2007/sne...edictions.html.

Also Team Fine Print will be providing Radio 87.7fm - Radio Fine Print at the Stingray 2CV 24Hour.

"Enjoy the uninterrupted commentary of the absorbing and fascinating 2007 Stingray 24 Hour Endurance race for those simply amazing Citroen 2CVs. Just tune your radio receiver to 87.7fm. Listen to lap-by-lap progress, pit lane interviews and fascinating interludes.

Enjoy the dulcet tones of Alan Hyde, Lewis Beales, John Church, Edd Straw and others. The outside broadcast studio lorry will be parked adjacent to race control - so do call in with your requests or messages"

Also just to reinforce Stephen's earlier message we do still need additional marshal's to assist - your help would really be appreciated even if you can't do all three days - whatever you can do would make a big difference. If you can help please contact swernham@barc.net

Terry
Old 23 May 2007, 19:30 (Ref:1919795)   #20
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Slightly revised weekend timetable is now available via the following link; http://www.barc.net/competitors/race.../hq0714-04.php

The only change seems to be regarding the Pistonheads Track Time which has been reduced to 55mins and is non-MSA so should be covered by the circuit, with the remaining 55mins being allocated to the 2CV's as a Free Practice session.

Please don't forget the Marshal's Special Draw Prize of the Hot Laps in Simon Leith's Britcar BMW M3 will take place during the Pistonheads Track Time sesson so please try to be around the spectator areas at the beginning of this session to give the lucky winner a wave to take his/her mind off what Simon will be doing!!!
Old 23 May 2007, 20:33 (Ref:1919840)   #21
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell
The only change seems to be regarding the Pistonheads Track Time which has been reduced to 55mins and is non-MSA so should be covered by the circuit,
As our instructions had a 7:30am Sign on and 8:40am On post on the Sunday I was thinking that we would be out for the Pistonheads track time anyway?

Even with the new timetable, only leaving 10minutes between the end of the non-MSA time and the Free practice doesn't seem long enough to allow a complete changing of personal and track inspections etc...

Doesn't really bother me about being on post for 9 and 10 - just as long as I don't get up early for no reason!
Old 24 May 2007, 22:43 (Ref:1920678)   #22
dwf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Penkridge, Staffs
dwf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish I could do it but I cant get out of work