Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Dec 2019, 17:55 (Ref:3945032)   #601
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Viva, let me try, seems you can't speak boobools's language fluently…
Hey, Bob, looking for Astras here, see what??? May be Rovers too!
Old 5 Dec 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3945037)   #602
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Blancpain GT3 cars look stunning. When do they become historic? Can not wait.
Post 599, 1, Bentley, 2, Maserati, 3, Bentley, 4, Invicta, 5, ERA R7B, 6, Not a clue!!!!
Old 5 Dec 2019, 20:59 (Ref:3945058)   #603
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This one's for you Viv.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6520.JPG   IMG_6617.JPG   IMG_6619.JPG  

IMG_6600.JPG   IMG_6525.JPG   IMG_6609.JPG  

Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3945060)   #604
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
OK Brian, not knowledgeable, let's say crafty.

Oh I don't know.

Knowledgeable enough to work out what the badge is from quite a small size and a tricky angle. Not too shabby.

Was that the period equivalent of an SUV?
Old 5 Dec 2019, 21:15 (Ref:3945063)   #605
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
The Blancpain GT3 cars look stunning. When do they become historic? Can not wait.
Post 599, 1, Bentley, 2, Maserati, 3, Bentley, 4, Invicta, 5, ERA R7B, 6, Not a clue!!!!
They already are. The R8 Audi has raced in the Endurance Legends this year.

Have you heard rbs the Aston Martin V12 GT3 without silencers. WOW what a noise.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 07:13 (Ref:3945125)   #606
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't Endurance Legends for GT1 & GT2 cars as well as the prototypes. GT3 are different animals but yes the v12's do sound great.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 07:40 (Ref:3945127)   #607
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Isn't Endurance Legends for GT1 & GT2 cars as well as the prototypes. GT3 are different animals but yes the v12's do sound great.
It is confusing, but both Masters and Peter Auto suggest GT3 cars aren’t eligible in their series. However, the latter have an invitation class- maybe Masters do as well.....

Certainly an R8 is considered Historic in the USA!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 08:05 (Ref:3945129)   #608
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
This one's for you Viv.
WoW! Thanks baub!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 08:12 (Ref:3945131)   #609
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It is confusing, but both Masters and Peter Auto suggest GT3 cars aren’t eligible in their series. However, the latter have an invitation class- maybe Masters do as well.....

Certainly an R8 is considered Historic in the USA!
If you watched the recent Masters Video then Nic Minassian who helps run the series with Masters said they were making the age range bigger and accepting cars that had previously been only in the Inviation class now in a actually GT Class such as GT3 he said. The age gap is from 1995 to the end of 2015.

The USA series has always catered for GT3 cars and Group C aswell as its allows cars from 1983 to 2016.

I think they are as they are not competitive in a GT series anymore and they are not the newest model competiting. Where are they meant to race apart from club events which is unlikely apart from GT Cup but even that preferred newer machinery as everyone wants to win which as meant some drivers with older cars staying away from the series.

Hope I made just a bit of sense there.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3945153)   #610
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's keep it illustrated. Eh?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1925.JPG   IMG_1926.JPG   IMG_1930.JPG  

IMG_1927.JPG   IMG_1933.JPG   IMG_6764.JPG  

Old 6 Dec 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3945167)   #611
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yes, please proceed…*What is the dark car behind the red one?
Old 6 Dec 2019, 13:41 (Ref:3945202)   #612
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yes, please proceed…*What is the dark car behind the red one?
Gerry, you are a very naughty man, you always look for some hidden vehicle in the pictures to query 'what is it?'

I now it is just to challenge RB, but it is not nice. Behave in future or I shall not display any blue cars again.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3945204)   #613
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Yep sir, naughty, mean and nasty!
I change my question, what is the phone number of the marshal behind the fence? Can you name his dog?
Old 6 Dec 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3945249)   #614
bauble
Veteran

England
Lon ago and far away...… well not so far away. A sight to turn Lewis's hair white, two cars going around a corner side by side!!

Surely that is dangerous.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4534.JPG   IMG_1779.JPG   IMG_1799.JPG  

IMG_1924.JPG   IMG_1941.JPG   IMG_1946.JPG  

Old 6 Dec 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3945253)   #615
bauble
Veteran

England
Some times it goes wrong;
Attached Thumbnails
Error a.JPG   Error b.JPG   Error c.JPG  

Error d.JPG   Error e.JPG   Error f.jpg  

Old 6 Dec 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3945255)   #616
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Re post 576 thhhe 1st 5 have been identified already but No6 is the Creation Automotif DBA 03s which was really a modified Reynard 02s.

TThe Low Drag Jaguar C type in picture 2 in post 573 is fabulous.
I believe that could be a replica of a "Kettle " C type Jag .
I remember reading somewhere that someone had a replica built .
Jaguar had a new body designed for the C type by someone called Kettle .
It was supposed to be lower drag than the existing ones to be used for Le Mans . It did extensive testing in the UK before going , & then during the race the cars were all withdrawn after it was claimed that the airflow was causing overheating ?
Having done some studying of aerodynamics , I believe that the real reason was that it was actually the first " wing " car , but up the wrong way & the car was trying to fly down Mulsanne .
But not to give their competitors any information , Jaguar claimed a different reason for withdrawing . And when they got back , they promptly scrapped all of the Kettle cars .
So fairly sure that one must be replica .
Old 6 Dec 2019, 19:58 (Ref:3945275)   #617
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
It was supposed to be lower drag than the existing ones to be used for Le Mans . It did extensive testing in the UK before going , & then during the race the cars were all withdrawn after it was claimed that the airflow was causing overheating ?
Having done some studying of aerodynamics , I believe that the real reason was that it was actually the first " wing " car , but up the wrong way & the car was trying to fly down Mulsanne .
But not to give their competitors any information , Jaguar claimed a different reason for withdrawing . And when they got back , they promptly scrapped all of the Kettle cars .

Most of the build for the "droop snoot" C Type was documented n Pistonheads back in the day.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...0&t=517612&i=0

Sadly a lot of photos are on Photobucket and they have withdrawn their free hosting option but still serve the pics - just make them look like rubbish.

No doubt some here know "lowdrag" whose project it was.

I think there were a number of earlier posts on one or more non-dedicated threads.
Old 6 Dec 2019, 20:54 (Ref:3945281)   #618
bauble
Veteran

England
Someone will like these I'm sure, and probably know what they are.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6978.JPG   IMG_6981.JPG   IMG_6983.JPG  

IMG_6989.JPG   IMG_6991.JPG   IMG_7041.JPG  

Old 6 Dec 2019, 23:42 (Ref:3945292)   #619
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I'll give # 618 a go

Chevron B6 Pics 1& 6
Lola T70s Pics 2,3,4
Ferrari 512 Pic 5

Be gentle well out of my depth here Baubs, great thread with even better pics, I have enjoyed it immensely. Thanks.

Could we have better referencing on the naming of the pics, so the ignorant (me) actually learn something.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 00:43 (Ref:3945294)   #620
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I'll give # 618 a go

Chevron B6 Pics 1& 6
Lola T70s Pics 2,3,4
Ferrari 512 Pic 5

Be gentle well out of my depth here Baubs, great thread with even better pics, I have enjoyed it immensely. Thanks.

Could we have better referencing on the naming of the pics, so the ignorant (me) actually learn something.
I keep telling you, in many cases I have no idea what the cars are. For years I have been pointing a camera, and clicking the button, ending up with thousands of images that no one ever sees, hence this thread. It is just too much trouble to start ferreting through old programs, even where they exist, looking for names. However where I know the car I will try to add a name etc. Just for you.

After that we rely on the clever clogs to tell us what they are.

I am pleased to know you like my efforts, thank you.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 00:56 (Ref:3945295)   #621
bauble
Veteran

England
A selection from various Fiscar races;
Sunbeam Alpine, HWM Chevrolet, Aston Martin DB3, Austin Healey, Connaught, Triumph TR 2 or 3a. I expect a flurry of corrections from JT
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0124.jpg   _MG_0125.jpg   _MG_0150.jpg  

_MG_0154.jpg   PJO_4411.jpg   IMG_1314.jpg  

Old 7 Dec 2019, 05:46 (Ref:3945321)   #622
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I'll give # 618 a go

Chevron B6 Pics 1& 6
Lola T70s Pics 2,3,4
Ferrari 512 Pic 5

In posts 618- They could be Chevron B8s in 1 & 6, they look the same to me! I think #5 is an Abarth Osella, especially as it’s written on the side...
Old 7 Dec 2019, 06:56 (Ref:3945323)   #623
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Someone will like these I'm sure, and probably know what they are. En plein dans le mille, mon Ami Robert! If the blue one went to Montlhéry then its a B6. Cant see if Simon is at wheel or one client may be?

Re the Alpine, I never understood why a Tiger is not more competitive. We had a few racing here, no one could win a race if I remember well.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 08:11 (Ref:3945327)   #624
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Re post 610 , 1, Lola Mk2, 2, Gemni Mk2 & Condor S2, 3, Gemini Mk2, 4, Elva 200, 5, Mitter DKW, 6, Lotus 22 with 2x Elva behind (for Gerrard), not sure on the red car could be a BMC.
Old 7 Dec 2019, 08:24 (Ref:3945330)   #625
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Tend to agree with you about it being a replica (Recreation or fake) as the only survivor of these cars now has an ordinary c type body on it. Roy Kettle did not design the body for the car though, he was behind the installaion of the wrong water pump which led to the overheating problems. Thus the Kettle "nickname".