Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Nov 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3941737)   #351
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Now who was it sent me that image?
I wonder, Bob, I wonder! Well thanks to you I thought cockney was only related to London Cab drivers!
Is the green one a DKW or Auto Union? Is the carb using premix gazoline? Is the MK2 a Coombs?
If you have more pics from a well known Stutz, dont hesitate, pleeease!
Old 20 Nov 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3941743)   #352
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I wonder, Bob, I wonder! Well thanks to you I thought cockney was only related to London Cab drivers!
Is the green one a DKW or Auto Union? Is the carb using premix gazoline? Is the MK2 a Coombs?
If you have more pics from a well known Stutz, dont hesitate, pleeease!
The Grant Williams Jag (BUY 1) is actually a Mk1, although the rear track would suggest otherwise! And it’s a DKW 1000 showing bit of body roll....
Old 20 Nov 2019, 11:38 (Ref:3941745)   #353
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you for the Jag' the front wings are MK1 typical are they Mike? Always found the 1000 S quite elegant.
Just waiting for one to tell us what is the green car surrounded by the flowers…Austin or Minor?
Old 20 Nov 2019, 12:22 (Ref:3941755)   #354
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Gerard, I thing the green car hiding behind the flowers is an Austin A35 (as it has a large rear window, it cannot be an A30).
Quote:
Thank you for the Jag' the front wings are MK1 typical are they Mike? Always found the 1000 S quite elegant.
Just waiting for one to tell us what is the green car surrounded by the flowers…Austin or Minor?
Old 20 Nov 2019, 12:27 (Ref:3941758)   #355
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
'ere! 'ere! Do you lot mind? Clear orf wiv all a yer' airo waffle. this ere's a piktur sight.

Cockney Bob.

That's a dreadful cockney accent Bob.

For a start it lacks any rhyming, of which we are aware you are fully proficient.

Old 20 Nov 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3941761)   #356
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Gerard, I thing the green car hiding behind the flowers is an Austin A35 (as it has a large rear window, it cannot be an A30).

I think you could be right ....

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/art...al-2006-review
Old 20 Nov 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3941789)   #357
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No need for that Grant. From the same race;
Attached Thumbnails
Rev 06 c.JPG   Rev 06 a.JPG   Rev 06 b.JPG  

Rev 06 d.JPG   Rev 06 i.JPG   Rev 06 j.JPG  

Old 20 Nov 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3941790)   #358
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And there's more;
Attached Thumbnails
Rev 06 f.JPG   Rev 06 g.JPG   Rev 06 h.JPG  

Rev 06 l.JPG   rev 06 k.JPG   Rev 06 e.JPG  

Old 20 Nov 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3941791)   #359
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
That's a dreadful cockney accent Bob.

For a start it lacks any rhyming, of which we are aware you are fully proficient.

Yuse, make me wanna Wallace and Gromit Mush!
Old 20 Nov 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3941793)   #360
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'm liking picture 2 Baub, my very first car (which sadly never made it onto the road) was a green Standard 10! (VWK 994 - why can I still remember the registration number 45 years later?)
Quote:
No need for that Grant. From the same race;
Old 20 Nov 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3941797)   #361
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm liking picture 2 Baub, my very first car (which sadly never made it onto the road) was a green Standard 10! (VWK 994 - why can I still remember the registration number 45 years later?)
Memories are made of this, what was your second attempt, Viv?
Old 20 Nov 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3941798)   #362
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks for the Peugeot 203 always a pleasure to see one of those.
Could car # 15 be with delta at wheel? I remember Mike taught me why they can be that fast.
Merci, Viva, I was too young but still can't remember we had this kind of cars down here. I'm not looking' for any excuse not to spot one, 'f course…*As already said I love Minors and find the Farinas very modern for their era.
Guess what, bob!!! The Giulietta is exactly the same color as mum's! Powerful braking system…
Old 20 Nov 2019, 17:27 (Ref:3941799)   #363
bauble
Veteran

England
While I'm back in 2006 I might as well stay a little longer;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8235.JPG   IMG_8255.JPG   IMG_8240.JPG  

IMG_8232.JPG   IMG_8244.JPG   IMG_8254.JPG  

Old 20 Nov 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3941801)   #364
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What are the green thing with yellow stripes and the yank tank in the previous set, please? The green one certainly looks like Russian production but not sure…
Old 20 Nov 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3941804)   #365
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hope everyone noticed that our bauble doesn't want to upset Mike! So, no breadvan, except a French one and no… Simca!!
Old 20 Nov 2019, 17:42 (Ref:3941805)   #366
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What are the green thing with yellow stripes and the yank tank in the previous set, please? The green one certainly looks like Russian production but not sure…

A Holden and a Lincoln.
Old 20 Nov 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3941807)   #367
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thank you, Mike H!

Viva, from Grant's link I see a picture showing the front grid and it is said that one Austin driver is not "that" tall to see the track! No racing seat mandatory in this series?

Not too soon, at last I found what looks strange in the 203 Pug picture. Nothing to see with the picture itself, how could it be, but the front end gril seems bespoke, more an inspired unit than a real one imo…

Last edited by Gerard C; 20 Nov 2019 at 17:53.
Old 20 Nov 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3941822)   #368
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
A Holden and a Lincoln.
Mike, it seems having the name of the car written on the bodywork is not enough of a clue for Gerry Mo, while the flag and drivers name on the Holden might have given the game away.
Old 20 Nov 2019, 20:02 (Ref:3941825)   #369
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Mike, it seems having the name of the car written on the bodywork is not enough of a clue for Gerry Mo.
In 6” high letters....

Old 20 Nov 2019, 20:21 (Ref:3941827)   #370
bauble
Veteran

England
f
Quote:
ind the Farinas very modern for their era.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8161.JPG   IMG_8163.JPG   IMG_8421.JPG  

IMG_8150.JPG   IMG_8141.JPG   IMG_8143.JPG  

Old 20 Nov 2019, 22:58 (Ref:3941841)   #371
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Mike, it seems having the name of the car written on the bodywork is not enough of a clue for Gerry Mo, while the flag and drivers name on the Holden might have given the game away.

And there was me thinking that I might be impressing your followers, and you give the game away!
Old 20 Nov 2019, 23:48 (Ref:3941848)   #372
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:

Along with the 'roo on the door and the name on the bonnet (Though I admit that is a little tricky to read in isolation from any other visual clues.)

Old 21 Nov 2019, 01:16 (Ref:3941853)   #373
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glad you included (post 357 pic #3) a 'Humpy' (FX) Holden for us downunder types. (Note to Gerry Mo it is not Russian, pure Aussie)

Particularly poignant is that this car at this event was the last ever track car driven by Aussie legend Peter Brock before his untimely death just a week later driving in a local tarmac rally in September 2006.

And for Bob, the car was fitted with a Vauxhall crankshaft by Ian Tate in Melbourne. (Engine was oversized, built especially to revival regs. )

Apparently engine capacity can be increased up to 20 per cent, along with other modifications, so Tate created a 2.4-litre engine with a Vauxhall crankshaft and a Wade-style camshaft, breathing through triple 44mm SU carburettors and Facey extractors and a straight-through exhaust.

Running an 11.5:1 compression ratio, it developed 140kW through a Muncie four-speed transmission, XU1 Torana hydraulic clutch and a 3.9:1 ratio locked differential.

It finished just off the podium at Goodwood – Brock qualified fifth and finished fourth in the main St.Mary’s Trophy on the Saturday – his performance in the FX saw him awarded the 'Spirit of Goodwood' trophy.

Last edited by E.B; 21 Nov 2019 at 01:29.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 07:04 (Ref:3941885)   #374
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Glad you included (post 357 pic #3) a 'Humpy' (FX) Holden for us downunder types. (Note to Gerry Mo it is not Russian, pure Aussie)

Particularly poignant is that this car at this event was the last ever track car driven by Aussie legend Peter Brock before his untimely death just a week later driving in a local tarmac rally in September 2006.

And for Bob, the car was fitted with a Vauxhall crankshaft by Ian Tate in Melbourne. (Engine was oversized, built especially to revival regs. )

Apparently engine capacity can be increased up to 20 per cent, along with other modifications, so Tate created a 2.4-litre engine with a Vauxhall crankshaft and a Wade-style camshaft, breathing through triple 44mm SU carburettors and Facey extractors and a straight-through exhaust.

Running an 11.5:1 compression ratio, it developed 140kW through a Muncie four-speed transmission, XU1 Torana hydraulic clutch and a 3.9:1 ratio locked differential.

It finished just off the podium at Goodwood – Brock qualified fifth and finished fourth in the main St.Mary’s Trophy on the Saturday – his performance in the FX saw him awarded the 'Spirit of Goodwood' trophy.
EB; Peter was also competing in the TT as I recollect, and following his death I shared all of the photos I had taken of him with several Aussies via another (not to be named) forum.

That other Vauxhall Crank, Bauble.
Old 21 Nov 2019, 07:07 (Ref:3941886)   #375
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
And there was me thinking that I might be impressing your followers, and you give the game away!
Sorry Mike, very clumsy on my part. Can you ever forgive me?