Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 May 2018, 06:47 (Ref:3824862)   #126
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Go Hard or Go Home....I watch F1 to see drivers like Max.
Old 27 May 2018, 08:04 (Ref:3824869)   #127
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
I watch F1 to see drivers like Max.
I'd prefer to watch them in qualifying and near the front in the race.
Old 27 May 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3824878)   #128
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Danny (as he himself admitted) was also at fault and as a result was happy to and needed to apologise to the factory for his part of the incident. He chose to apologise and was not forced.
Yep. Public relations addressing. IMO, it was just a PR stunt by Red Bull, and Ricciardo. Horner is on record saying the drivers will have to apologise to the team. I don't believe for one second Ricciardo had any reason to apologise for what happened. Neither did the 'Honey Badger'.

Remember THIS photo post Turkey 2010? Again, I don't believe that Webber had any reason to apologise. More Red Bull PR addressing bulls**t.

Old 27 May 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3824899)   #129
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Yep. Public relations addressing. IMO, it was just a PR stunt by Red Bull, and Ricciardo. Horner is on record saying the drivers will have to apologise to the team. I don't believe for one second Ricciardo had any reason to apologise for what happened. Neither did the 'Honey Badger'.

Remember THIS photo post Turkey 2010? Again, I don't believe that Webber had any reason to apologise. More Red Bull PR addressing bulls**t.

Blimey! Seb only looks about 12 years old in that!
Old 27 May 2018, 10:45 (Ref:3824900)   #130
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
An interesting read from the Telegraph below.

As I've said before, if it wasn't for his over hyped win in Spain 2016, would Verstappen still be on the F1 grid today? Take away that win on debut with Red Bull (which was Ricciardo's win, but the team stitched DR up for a feel good F1 headline), and I think it might be a different story.

Hmm, if RB terminated him Ferrari and Mercedes would go mental to sign him immediately. Not to mention every other team.
Old 27 May 2018, 11:18 (Ref:3824904)   #131
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Hmm, if RB terminated him Ferrari and Mercedes would go mental to sign him immediately. Not to mention every other team.
I would agree with you about "every other team". Not so sure about Ferrari and Mercedes. They each have a superstar No 1 driver and a safe-pair-of-hands No 2. Obviously the superstar's seats would be safe so would either of them be keen on taking a punt like that? It might work, or it might be an unmitigated disaster, with lost points and inter-driver friction (I suspect Max is not the easiest person to live with).
Old 27 May 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3824910)   #132
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I thing Danny boy has got Young Max rattled and he's trying too hard...
Old 27 May 2018, 15:13 (Ref:3824943)   #133
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ricciardo - Verstappen Battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I thing Danny boy has got Young Max rattled and he's trying too hard...

Yep that’s a view I share. Danny boy is the first he has come up against in his short career who is matching him (well soundly beating him for the 3rd year in a row actually).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 27 May 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3824950)   #134
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's no real doubt that Daniel has the upper hand now - and I think Horner and Marko know it, only too well!
Old 27 May 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3824957)   #135
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There's no real doubt that Daniel has the upper hand now - and I think Horner and Marko know it, only too well!
Totally agree
Old 27 May 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3825081)   #136
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I would agree with you about "every other team". Not so sure about Ferrari and Mercedes. They each have a superstar No 1 driver and a safe-pair-of-hands No 2. Obviously the superstar's seats would be safe so would either of them be keen on taking a punt like that? It might work, or it might be an unmitigated disaster, with lost points and inter-driver friction (I suspect Max is not the easiest person to live with).
To keep the other from signing him and tailoring a car to guy who is FAST? Umm, have you not been paying attention to F1, shooting yourself in the foot to prevent the other guy from getting to first is a cardinal rule

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 28 May 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3825169)   #137
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Is max gonna come out and win a race?
Old 28 May 2018, 09:35 (Ref:3825182)   #138
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes. I've no doubt of that at all.
Old 28 May 2018, 14:38 (Ref:3825248)   #139
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes. I've no doubt of that at all.
He just has to remember that to finish first first you have to finish
Old 28 May 2018, 16:17 (Ref:3825271)   #140
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
He should have that tattoo'd somewhere fairly prominently, shouldn't he?!
Old 28 May 2018, 16:18 (Ref:3825274)   #141
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He’s still learning, he needs to realise that he is not quite there yet
Old 28 May 2018, 19:29 (Ref:3825322)   #142
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Max Verstappen has raced in 66 World Championship Grand Prix. Juan Manuel Fangio raced in 51. We know why this is the case. My point is that it isn’t race experience he’s lacking, but general experience.
Old 28 May 2018, 21:11 (Ref:3825336)   #143
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Max Verstappen has raced in 66 World Championship Grand Prix. Juan Manuel Fangio raced in 51. We know why this is the case. My point is that it isn’t race experience he’s lacking, but general experience.
Interesting point.
Old 28 May 2018, 21:12 (Ref:3825337)   #144
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
He just has to remember that to finish first first you have to finish
Or as they used to say at McLaren: To finish first, first you have to be Finnish.
Old 29 May 2018, 05:41 (Ref:3825382)   #145
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Have we ever had a champion, or joint champions so maybe we could go Dutch.
Old 29 May 2018, 17:50 (Ref:3825499)   #146
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I believe they still have the count back rule in the event of a tie so there could never be joint champions.
Old 29 May 2018, 17:59 (Ref:3825501)   #147
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There has never been a situation where they have had to use tiebreak, so that’s probably just as well
Old 30 May 2018, 04:13 (Ref:3825586)   #148
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Wasn't it always inevitable that he was going to have to reign in his aggression? I mentioned last year or two years ago that I wondered if he would end up in a wreck bad enough to shake too much of it out to where he lost his edge too much. It's been more a death of a thousand cuts and some words from the bosses. He is still a generational talent, and is still very young, so I don't think it's time to write him off or anything. And yes, even without the 2016 win in Spain he would still be on the f1 grid. His race in the rain in Brazil(?) still happened, as did other great showings. We shouldn't forget he could be pressing to make things happen after losing so many opportunities due to the teams failures last year. I'd say it's about even by now though
Old 30 May 2018, 06:48 (Ref:3825595)   #149
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In terms of DNF's he has had 17 DNFs in his career, (6 with STR, 11 with RBR) summarised as follows:
Biggest individual reason is crashes/collisions with 7.

No Event /year. Lap. Reason given
17 2018 Azerbaijan 39 Collision
16 2018 Bahrain 3 Differential
15 2017 Singapore 0 Collision
14 2017 Belgium 7 Power loss
13 2017 Austria 0 Collision
12 2017 Azerbaijan 12 Engine
11 2017 Canada 10 Electrics
10 2017 Spain 1 Collision
9 2017 Bahrain 11 Brakes
8 2016 USA 28 Gearbox
7 2016 Monaco 34 Accident
6 2016 Russia 33 Engine (STR)
5 2015 Britain 3 Accident (STR)
4 2015 Monaco 62 Collision (STR)
3 2015 Bahrain 34 Electrics (STR)
2 2015 China 52 Engine (STR)
1 2015 Australia 32 Engine (STR)
Old 30 May 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3825673)   #150
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
In terms of DNF's he has had 17 DNFs in his career, (6 with STR, 11 with RBR) summarised as follows:
Biggest individual reason is crashes/collisions with 7.

No Event /year. Lap. Reason given
17 2018 Azerbaijan 39 Collision
16 2018 Bahrain 3 Differential
15 2017 Singapore 0 Collision
14 2017 Belgium 7 Power loss
13 2017 Austria 0 Collision
12 2017 Azerbaijan 12 Engine
11 2017 Canada 10 Electrics
10 2017 Spain 1 Collision
9 2017 Bahrain 11 Brakes
8 2016 USA 28 Gearbox
7 2016 Monaco 34 Accident
6 2016 Russia 33 Engine (STR)
5 2015 Britain 3 Accident (STR)
4 2015 Monaco 62 Collision (STR)
3 2015 Bahrain 34 Electrics (STR)
2 2015 China 52 Engine (STR)
1 2015 Australia 32 Engine (STR)
Not trying to argue or defend Max but of these 7 collisions/crashes how many were his fault? Baku 2018 was both (according to FIA), Sing, Austria and Spain 2017 he was innocent party on first laps.