Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 15 Dec 2013, 09:30 (Ref:3344236)   #26
bluespur
Racer

bluespur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree and I understand that those fabulous Utes will also be on the program

A great lack of variety to drive the punters away.

Sure does not hit any buttons for me
Old 15 Dec 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3344399)   #27
eskymsport
Rookie

eskymsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand that the class they dropped to make way for the super tourers at the GP meeeting was the Classics, I would have prefered the potentailly large and varied classics class was kept and dropped a class with less than 10 idenitical cars.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 05:39 (Ref:3344860)   #28
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank goodness we have the Hampton Downs Festival meetings for those who appreciate variety. With a load of older well known race saloons now coming out to play, this is shaping up to be the best Festival since the opening 2010 McLaren event and ticket sales are well up on previous years too.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 08:01 (Ref:3344879)   #29
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Thank goodness we have the Hampton Downs Festival meetings for those who appreciate variety. With a load of older well known race saloons now coming out to play, this is shaping up to be the best Festival since the opening 2010 McLaren event and ticket sales are well up on previous years too.
The festival is still the only event to see sub 60sec lap times around the circuit (HD) anyway ie F5000.

Good numbers of quality F5000's with plenty of overseas cars again I believe.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 09:27 (Ref:3344911)   #30
Dav1s
Rookie

Dav1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by socram View Post
Totally agree. In years gone by although there was a lot of "single make" supports at the V8 event, I quite enjoyed seeing the main game cars out on circuit, then the Porsche GT3s and some TRS action too. Hell even the Suzuki Swifts put on a good show in Hamilton a few years ago.

But as for next year, V8 Supercars, V8 SuperTourers, NZ V8 Touring Cars, V8 Utes.............

You will find me at the NZ Festival of Motor Racing, listening to real V8s (F5000s etc), some V12 Ferrari bliss, not to mention a bit of flame spitting turbo F1 in the mix too. Going to be a fantastic event!
Old 17 Dec 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3345127)   #31
JamesK
Racer

JamesK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NZ Herald
"A one-make race series featuring SsangYong Actyon sports utes will run as a major support class for the V8 SuperTourers series next year."
"Called SsangYong Actyon Racing (SAR), the series allows individuals or companies to buy a ready-to-race ute for $30,000."

Just what Motorsport needs, another class.
The sponsor pool is getting smaller, with every new class.
Why would V8ST promote this while their own teams appear to struggle for sponsorship.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 20:20 (Ref:3345145)   #32
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1s View Post
Totally agree. In years gone by although there was a lot of "single make" supports at the V8 event, I quite enjoyed seeing the main game cars out on circuit, then the Porsche GT3s and some TRS action too. Hell even the Suzuki Swifts put on a good show in Hamilton a few years ago.

But as for next year, V8 Supercars, V8 SuperTourers, NZ V8 Touring Cars, V8 Utes.............

You will find me at the NZ Festival of Motor Racing, listening to real V8s (F5000s etc), some V12 Ferrari bliss, not to mention a bit of flame spitting turbo F1 in the mix too. Going to be a fantastic event!
I am cutting short my annual camping holiday just so that I can see/hear those F1 cars scream - we will need earplugs though, they can crank out 140dB!
Old 17 Dec 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3345188)   #33
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
A long read, but this is from the V8 Utes - they will certainly still be running with ST's next year so I guess the Ssangyongs will be just another class.

Supercars and Highlands headline 2014 UDC V8 Ute Series

A fifth year on the bill for the V8 Supercars and an opening round at the fabulous new Highlands Motorsport Park in Cromwell are the highlights of the six round 2014 UDC New Zealand V8 Utes championship calendar announced today.

In 2014 the V8 Supercar round at Pukekohe will be a championship round for the UDC V8 Utes, and it will visit the historic circuit three times during the season, with the series finale being he...ld at the track as the main support class for the SuperTourer season closer. The series will also visit Taupo for the Fathers’ Day 400 meeting and will head to the South Island again in November. Series Managing Director Paul Isaac is excited to have both Highlands and Supercars on the calendar, commenting;

"This year the Supercar round was a non-championship event but in 2014 it will form a points scoring round of the UDC V8 Utes championship and this is great news for our corporate partners, our drivers and their own corporate partners. It's the biggest motorsport event in New Zealand by far during the motorsport year and a real spectacle. We are delighted to be back once again. Highlands in January is equally as mouth-watering - it's a world class facility and our drivers have been keen to go racing on it since it opened for business. They don't have much longer to wait fortunately!"

Australian drivers have been much in evidence in the UDC V8 Utes this past season with Kris Walton, Rod Dawson, David Ling and Chris Berry all competing at some stage. More Australian racers are expected to compete regularly in 2014 and this will push up V8 Ute numbers in the domestic New Zealand series. Fifteen or more V8 Ford and Holden utes will line up for the first round at Highlands as the series continues to grow in its role as the main support category for the BNT V8 SuperTourers, and as a main feeder category for all senior V8 racing series in New Zealand and Australia.

2014 CALENDAR

Round 1 – January 25/26 – Highlands Motorsport Park, Cromwell, South Island
Round 2 – March 22/23 – Pukekohe, Auckland
Round 3 – April 24/27 – V8 Supercars, Pukekohe, Auckland
Round 4 – September 6/7 - Father’s Day 400 Taupo
Round 5 – November 1/2 – South Island (track venue TBA)
Round 6 – November 28/29/30 - Pukekohe 500, Auckland
Old 18 Dec 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3345618)   #34
tacmacnzl
Rookie

tacmacnzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
as the series continues to grow in its role as the main support category for the BNT V8 SuperTourers, and as a main feeder category for all senior V8 racing series in New Zealand and Australia.
Really?

Does the Utes Pr person believe what he writes???
Old 18 Dec 2013, 21:13 (Ref:3345662)   #35
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacmacnzl View Post
Really?

Does the Utes Pr person believe what he writes???
I think that was written by Toni Street or Nadine Chalmers-Ross. Or Petra Bagust...
Old 18 Dec 2013, 21:20 (Ref:3345665)   #36
tacmacnzl
Rookie

tacmacnzl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think that was written by Toni Street or Nadine Chalmers-Ross. Or Petra Bagust...
A bright future on 7 Sharp perhaps?
Old 19 Dec 2013, 07:53 (Ref:3345823)   #37
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see Scott M in ST again next year

http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/12/1...ertourer-deal/
Old 19 Dec 2013, 08:35 (Ref:3345830)   #38
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
Great to see Scott M in ST again next year

http://www.speedcafe.co.nz/2013/12/1...ertourer-deal/
Good to see after the talk by some that the McLaughlin's wanted to pull out after their bad run of accidents last year.
Old 20 Dec 2013, 04:27 (Ref:3346186)   #39
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think there were 12 V8 Utes at the last round I saw televised. Wow 12... Sure is a major support class on tracks that cope with 40+ cars.
Old 6 Jan 2014, 20:04 (Ref:3351008)   #40
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gossip

Surely someones got some info seeing how the seasonstarts in 3 weeks!
Old 8 Jan 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3351405)   #41
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by onza View Post
Pretty Quiet by the looks
Old 8 Jan 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3351743)   #42
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It appears the Suzuki Swift Sport Cup will not be returning this year. Already one has been seen racing in the ss2000 series with a few modifications. ss2000 are actually considering inviting the series to run with them.

Shane Van Gisbergen will not be returning this year. The Colin Corkery car, as far as I know, will most likely be parked up unless a driver can be found.

There are various other rumors floating around at the moment. More should become clearer within the next few days.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3351948)   #43
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by onza View Post
Sure, expect a small entry.

10 cars +/- 2
Old 9 Jan 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3351961)   #44
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20b View Post
It appears the Suzuki Swift Sport Cup will not be returning this year. Already one has been seen racing in the ss2000 series with a few modifications. ss2000 are actually considering inviting the series to run with them.

Shane Van Gisbergen will not be returning this year. The Colin Corkery car, as far as I know, will most likely be parked up unless a driver can be found.

There are various other rumors floating around at the moment. More should become clearer within the next few days.
They are all true, not going to cromwell....Jacko, Horne, Ceperenich, PSR,SVG car,SM.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 17:45 (Ref:3352123)   #45
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20b View Post

With regards to SVG, whilst it is true that he will miss the the first two rounds, and possibly the SuperCar round, and that Eugene Corkery's car [which is in my workshop] wont run with another driver, however, its not true that he wont be back this year. Even if Shane only ran the Enduro's he will be back in V8ST and any body that actually knows SVG, will tell you that he is looking forward to it.

Its also true that there will be a reduced V8ST field at Highlands, due mainly to the significant cost's to the teams to go Cromwell, plus the timing of the event itself itself. My information is that there will be 14 V8ST + or - 1 car on the grid at Highland's

Many of the teams are struggling with budget because they have not been able to talk to potential sponsors over the annual NZ holiday "shut Down" period. However, I firmly believe that that there will be 20 V8ST at the Supercar round, and a similar number at the two North Island Enduro's.
Old 9 Jan 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3352225)   #46
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
With regards to SVG, whilst it is true that he will miss the the first two rounds, and possibly the SuperCar round, and that Eugene Corkery's car [which is in my workshop] wont run with another driver, however, its not true that he wont be back this year. Even if Shane only ran the Enduro's he will be back in V8ST and any body that actually knows SVG, will tell you that he is looking forward to it.

Its also true that there will be a reduced V8ST field at Highlands, due mainly to the significant cost's to the teams to go Cromwell, plus the timing of the event itself itself. My information is that there will be 14 V8ST + or - 1 car on the grid at Highland's

Many of the teams are struggling with budget because they have not been able to talk to potential sponsors over the annual NZ holiday "shut Down" period. However, I firmly believe that that there will be 20 V8ST at the Supercar round, and a similar number at the two North Island Enduro's.
Maybe ST could get Kiwirail as a series sponsor and get them to cover the cost of the ferries!
Old 10 Jan 2014, 04:45 (Ref:3352279)   #47
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe ST could get Kiwirail as a series sponsor and get them to cover the cost of the ferries!
GB, beleve it or not the cost of the ferry crossing's is minimal, most of the teams are paying less than $500 each way for their 2 car transporters.

Fuel, road user, accomodation, sustanance and in many instances wages or compensation for time off, for team members regular jobs, etc, are the big ticket item when racing in the deep South.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 05:16 (Ref:3352280)   #48
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And maybe Quinn doesn't have to charge thousands of dollars just to enter.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 05:18 (Ref:3352281)   #49
onza
Rookie

onza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any penalties for teams that don't turn up or is it just turn up if you want Willie nillie?
Old 10 Jan 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3352285)   #50
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
And maybe Quinn doesn't have to charge thousands of dollars just to enter.
Yeah, probably best that he didn't buy HD or the same might have happened.