chris5090
Rookie

chris5090 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems the Teddys are out again...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8141428.stm
Old 8 Jul 2009, 23:41 (Ref:2498044)   #2
Sev
Veteran

Sev has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I really, honestly wish FOTA would just go ahead and leave and start their own series.

I would never have to go back to the incessant *****ing of F1 again. The problem with F1 isn't the lack of overtaking. It's the stupid politics. Every year there is some world-ending scandal, whilst the world watches on and wishes they would shut the hell up.
Old 9 Jul 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2498089)   #3
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I really, honestly wish FOTA would just go ahead and leave and start their own series.

I would never have to go back to the incessant *****ing of F1 again. The problem with F1 isn't the lack of overtaking. It's the stupid politics. Every year there is some world-ending scandal, whilst the world watches on and wishes they would shut the hell up.
And you expect the FOTA series would be different than this because...?
Old 9 Jul 2009, 08:19 (Ref:2498170)   #4
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
It seemed we mourned the loss of FTOTP too soon.
I think it needs a snappier acronym though? FB!TCH?
Old 9 Jul 2009, 12:08 (Ref:2498284)   #5
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bloody hell. I have sat through row after row and endured it because I love F1. Then mere weeks after a solution has been found to one of the biggest fights the sport has ever faced, a new one pops up, for no better reason it seems then for the sake of being petty.

I dunno why the FIA think the FOTA teams didn't enter the championship because they published a list saying they had been accepted, but at the same time the solution to that problem is not to storm out of the meeting and moan to the press. I'm trying to think of a single other sport where fans have to put up with this much political bull****.... any ideas?
Old 9 Jul 2009, 15:30 (Ref:2498429)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Bloody hell. I have sat through row after row and endured it because I love F1. Then mere weeks after a solution has been found to one of the biggest fights the sport has ever faced, a new one pops up, for no better reason it seems then for the sake of being petty.

I dunno why the FIA think the FOTA teams didn't enter the championship because they published a list saying they had been accepted, but at the same time the solution to that problem is not to storm out of the meeting and moan to the press. I'm trying to think of a single other sport where fans have to put up with this much political bull****.... any ideas?
The report I read suggested that, having been told they were not official entries for 2010 they were not authorised to attend the meeting and therefore left or even had to leave, staying not being an option.

Maybe they can just turn this into a compelling soap opera and cut costs by not bothering with the racing at all.

They could call it 'Big Bother' perhaps.

How about 'I'm a degenerate, get me in there' - a reality TV program along the lines of , well, any of the others but csome sort of mix of The Apprentice, Dragon's Den and 'I'm a celebrity ...' - whereby two members of the public are selected, one to run the FiA and the other to act as F1 rights Holder, and given a year to create as much dissent and publicity as they can. Anything goes. Racing optional. Travelling the world on expenses compulsory.

OK, my Copyright. What's Endemol's number?
Old 10 Jul 2009, 03:51 (Ref:2498752)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The impression I get from this is it is Max being petty and vindictive. He perceives that he got bested by FOTA in the just passed bit of theatre, so has done this just because he can.

It is all spectacularly unnecessary, but there you go.
Old 12 Jul 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2499925)   #8
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post
The impression I get from this is it is Max being petty and vindictive. He perceives that he got bested by FOTA in the just passed bit of theatre, so has done this just because he can.

Exactly my take on it as well.
Old 12 Oct 2009, 01:40 (Ref:2559381)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton View Post

You would have thought that a man of his experience would be above being petty and vindictive but obviously not. Then again since the details of his private life were revealed to the world, he has become somewhat papranoid, hence his being petty and vindictive?