Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3834583)   #101
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Internally, they came up with a 14 week plan to improve the car drastically. About 13 weeks ago now. Squeaky bum time for some.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3834584)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Boulier to Williams?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Jul 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3834622)   #103
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh God, please don't even suggest such a perverse idea! Children may be present!
Old 8 Jul 2018, 03:53 (Ref:3835309)   #104
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Bouillier back to DAMS then.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 04:42 (Ref:3835317)   #105
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Hopefully no one will suggest Jacques Villeneuve will make a comeback to save Williams.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3835366)   #106
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Hopefully no one will suggest Jacques Villeneuve will make a comeback to save Williams.
And Jos Verstappen...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Jul 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3835427)   #107
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FYI Another JV, Jo Vonlahnten did his Williams F1 outing in 1975.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 08:48 (Ref:3835832)   #108
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To me its become plain obvious that since Massa left the team, Stroll cannot set up a chassis on the Friday test days...….he is just an arrogant spoilt brat whos negative team comments the press will soon lose him his drive...…..sure he can drive fast, but he cannot engineer or set up a car.....much like Eddie Irvine......when Schumacher broke his leg, the team went backwards quickly...….Sirotkin is just the same, they are both on their backside and cannot set up the car, they are both out of their depth, but Williams knew this, its their own silly fault for employing two pay drivers with more money than talent.

If they both bring say a total of $40M to the team, this is peanuts compared to the payments from points if they were in the top 5 teams......so poor planning on Williams behalf, its all their own silly fault.....I'm sure if Raikkonen loses his drive Williams will be tapping him up...….probably are already.

I'm sure Kubica could do the job, but there is no way he will do it until he is actually a race driver, so I think Sirotkin will be shown the door after the Russian GP, then Kubica will take over, then Stroll will take a miraculous turn of speed after Kubica schools the team on how to set up a race car on Friday.

Williams 2019: Kubica and Raikkonen……..that would be a real solid line up.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 08:58 (Ref:3835834)   #109
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
In that case, Kubica must be lured as a similar role JP Jabouille had in Ligier during 1981.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 10:33 (Ref:3835845)   #110
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F**king hell can you imagine how grumpy Kimi would be at Williams. They'd need to invest at least £5m in new apathy measuring equipment.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 11:24 (Ref:3835854)   #111
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
To me its become plain obvious that since Massa left the team, Stroll cannot set up a chassis on the Friday test days...….he is just an arrogant spoilt brat whos negative team comments the press will soon lose him his drive...…..sure he can drive fast, but he cannot engineer or set up a car.....much like Eddie Irvine......when Schumacher broke his leg, the team went backwards quickly...….Sirotkin is just the same, they are both on their backside and cannot set up the car, they are both out of their depth, but Williams knew this, its their own silly fault for employing two pay drivers with more money than talent.

If they both bring say a total of $40M to the team, this is peanuts compared to the payments from points if they were in the top 5 teams......so poor planning on Williams behalf, its all their own silly fault.....I'm sure if Raikkonen loses his drive Williams will be tapping him up...….probably are already.

I'm sure Kubica could do the job, but there is no way he will do it until he is actually a race driver, so I think Sirotkin will be shown the door after the Russian GP, then Kubica will take over, then Stroll will take a miraculous turn of speed after Kubica schools the team on how to set up a race car on Friday.

Found you - you are Eddie Jordan. Do I win a prize?
Old 10 Jul 2018, 14:04 (Ref:3835898)   #112
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ha ha!......no I'm not Mr J...…. I'm actually Bernie Ecclestone B-)
Old 10 Jul 2018, 14:59 (Ref:3835909)   #113
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Children of rich and or accomplished parents often don't get the job done.

Perhaps a symptomatic top down problem of the Williams team?
Old 12 Jul 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3836270)   #114
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
F**king hell can you imagine how grumpy Kimi would be at Williams. They'd need to invest at least £5m in new apathy measuring equipment.
It's easy to cope with. Williams must be sponsored by an ice cream parlor. How about Munchi's???
Old 12 Jul 2018, 10:32 (Ref:3836271)   #115
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis

Well.. that of ice cream parlor is a good idea.
Old 15 Jul 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3836788)   #116
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Sounds smart! Could be a tidy gamble for the team.

What if they are still last and then collapse due to lack of funds. Hmm.
Old 15 Jul 2018, 23:08 (Ref:3836857)   #117
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Most reliable than JV, is to have Didier Pironi Jr in the team.
Toto Wollf could come with help...
Old 15 Jul 2018, 23:19 (Ref:3836863)   #118
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Actually I think it’s his twin Gilles that is at Mercedes
Old 15 Jul 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3836866)   #119
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Actually I think it’s his twin Gilles that is at Mercedes
Him with Eric Boullier in the team could be great.
Eric is a good man.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3837175)   #120
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kind of like the latter years of Brabham and the original Lotus for Williams right now.
Old 17 Jul 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3837179)   #121
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Yes. Slow but perhaps inexorable decline. Third, third, fifth, fifth, last... The end?
Old 17 Jul 2018, 23:26 (Ref:3837208)   #122
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Yes. Slow but perhaps inexorable decline. Third, third, fifth, fifth, last... The end?
Who knows? The only saving grace is that results-wise, they've already done better than 2011 but the prospect of them finishing rock-bottom beggars belief, especially since they were the team to beat when I first watched a GP.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 06:32 (Ref:3837228)   #123
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And Tyrrell too
Old 18 Jul 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3837245)   #124
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
I think its only a matter of time before one or both of the Williams drivers get fired and replaced by Kubica, plus I can also imagine that Mercedes would be quite happy to loan them Russel after his GP2 campaign is complete too.....or borrow Lando Norris from McLaren until the end of the season.
Old 18 Jul 2018, 08:40 (Ref:3837248)   #125
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Even though he is desperate to get his backside in a F1 car, I doubt even Kubica would want to sit in the Williams right now, yet alone George Russell or Lando Norris. Suicidal move for both the young drivers IMO.

I said before the season started that Williams will be last in the championship, and it looks like my prediction might well come true.

R.I.P. Williams.