Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 22 Sep 2005, 17:26 (Ref:1414171)   #51
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshy
If it wasn't for the crack, I don't think I would bother.

This year could really see the death of the Formula Ford Festival. To me, it sounds like just another race meeting.

First real test here Jeremy?????????
yep that's exactly how it looks

The carnival and walt haynes will be a better prospect at least with these two the FFord take centre stage
Old 22 Sep 2005, 19:23 (Ref:1414232)   #52
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Idiots

I was hoping the BRSCC would can Friday all together this year - guess not.

So lets see, to be competitive you have to test.

Ok so I get there weds night - test thurs, race friday then sit around all day saturday and all day sunday assuming I am able to qualify to race at the end of the day - 150 miles from home bored ****less.

So thats four days, and two (maybe two and a half) days off work for an event which isn't as good and costs more than the WHT - BRSCC really know their stuff and their market don't they.

Lets have Daly, or indeed anyone from the BRSCC to come on here and explain themselves about this farce, although I expect silence.
Old 22 Sep 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1414248)   #53
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Ha they would not dare to do that!

i expect they are in hiding now hoping all the discontent will blow over
Old 23 Sep 2005, 03:22 (Ref:1414470)   #54
alfaman
Racer

Mauritius
Middlesex
alfaman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That timetable is simply unbelievable.

The Sunday line-up goes completely against the spirit of what [I]was[I] the Formula Ford Festival. 45 mins of Heritage, 30 mins of Radicalzzzzzzzzzzzz & 30 mins of Sports 2000..

It needs a serious shake-up.

Come on at least put the semis on the Sunday morning and move the FF1600 heats from the Friday.

I read this thread before looking at the timetable and thought people were over-reacting about not going.

I've been to virtually every Festival since 1985 and I'm really thinking twice about making the trip this year unless there's a major change.

Why doesn't someone at the BRSCC look through some old Festival programmes to see how it should be organised?
Old 23 Sep 2005, 07:47 (Ref:1414550)   #55
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least the Sports2s have Ford engines.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 08:27 (Ref:1414574)   #56
Pink Panther
Rookie

Pink Panther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First time in 12 seasons I have not raced at the Festival, what a mess.

The BRSCC have really lost the plot this time, what with the initial £310 entry fee (even though they eventually reduced it) the lack of an event for the always well supported Classic FF Race and now the Daft time table, they really have made a mess of this.

I agree the BRSCC should come to the Walter Hayes and see how it should be done.

Thank you James B for giving us all something to look forward to!!!
Old 23 Sep 2005, 08:35 (Ref:1414579)   #57
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps with the reduction in entry fee something had to give?

The track time does not seem an issue.

Perhaps a last chance race will be added if entries are good enough?

When was the last time the Festival did NOT start on a Friday? Anyone? Anyone?
Old 23 Sep 2005, 08:40 (Ref:1414586)   #58
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I personally have no problem with qualifying on the Friday. What I do object to is the heats taking place on the Friday afternoon. That means that two-thirds of the FF1600 action takes place on the Friday, when even fewer people will be there than normal!

FF1600 and FF1800 are - allegedly - the main events at this meeting. When planning the timetable, a blank piece of paper should have been pulled out and these races given the prime slots: FF1600 heats and on Saturday, semis, a last chance race and a final on Sunday. Given likely entry levels, FF1800 semis on Saturday with a last chance race on Sunday along with the final.

All of the support races should have been built around that. Indeed, I have drawn up a timetable of my own that ticks those boxes, yet doesn't go on any later or seriously compromise lunch breaks and so on, compared to the position on the current draft. It does mean that Sports 2000 and Heritage Touring Cars qualify on the Friday as well, but that is not an issue.
Old 23 Sep 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1414862)   #59
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Then may i suggest ian you submit your timetable on behalf of all the people that have voted on the www.ff1600.co.uk website and for the fellow ten tenths members who had their say to try and get the Brscc to change things around, or the weekend could end up being a disaster for the formula!

If they don't then i won't be going i'll wait for the WHT even though silverstone is not my favorate circuit,i may just have to bite the bullet and go to that instead
Old 23 Sep 2005, 14:05 (Ref:1414886)   #60
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will the BRSCC surply tumble weeds to blow through the paddock for next year!
Old 23 Sep 2005, 14:44 (Ref:1414914)   #61
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Old 23 Sep 2005, 23:41 (Ref:1415162)   #62
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Triple J Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
I personally have no problem with qualifying on the Friday. What I do object to is the heats taking place on the Friday afternoon. That means that two-thirds of the FF1600 action takes place on the Friday, when even fewer people will be there than normal!

FF1600 and FF1800 are - allegedly - the main events at this meeting. When planning the timetable, a blank piece of paper should have been pulled out and these races given the prime slots: FF1600 heats and on Saturday, semis, a last chance race and a final on Sunday. Given likely entry levels, FF1800 semis on Saturday with a last chance race on Sunday along with the final.

All of the support races should have been built around that. Indeed, I have drawn up a timetable of my own that ticks those boxes, yet doesn't go on any later or seriously compromise lunch breaks and so on, compared to the position on the current draft. It does mean that Sports 2000 and Heritage Touring Cars qualify on the Friday as well, but that is not an issue.

Total agree Ian qualifying was always on friday heats on saturday quarter finals sunday morning semi finals straight after lunch final last race of the day. FF2000 S2000 etc to fill in the gaps. I remember watching 8 Heats on a saturday!

So get the heats moved to saturday Steve!

3rd 2009 & 2012 FFZetec festival final
Old 24 Sep 2005, 09:57 (Ref:1415275)   #63
itsonlyme
Racer

England
itsonlyme has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
why dont the BRSCC just call the whole weekend "The end of season meeting with the odd ff1600 race at the end of each day"

surely the BRSCC could get done for false advertising, calling it the 'formula ford festival'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe the paddock at brands next october will look like this ........
Old 24 Sep 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1415455)   #64
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spoke to Jeremy Howkins on Fri. re the garage allocation issue and he was unaware that the BRSCC had given them to the Touring Cars, he indicated that he would try and get this decision altered so that at least the Zetecs would be located in the centre and not have to lug wet tyres etc to the pit lane. Time table issue was also raised but I think that at this late stage there is unlikely to be any change in that area! Is there anybody at the BRSCC who actually considers the competitors as an important feature of a race meeting?
Old 24 Sep 2005, 18:06 (Ref:1415517)   #65
Alan Hamilton
Racer

Northern Ireland
Stockbridge, Hampshire
Alan Hamilton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its with decisions like this, no wonder Castle Combe has decided to pull the plug on the BRSCC..
Old 24 Sep 2005, 19:03 (Ref:1415542)   #66
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope this gets changed, if I wasn't workng there for Ian, I would've seriously considered not bothering... the Festival is surely supposed to concentrate on Formula Fords, and it would make sense that they make up the majority of the program, particularly on the busiest days. As was said above it seems like an ordinary race meeting with a couple of FF races chucked in.

Surely anyone going to the Formula Ford Festival, is going to expect to see a lot of Formula Ford action? After all it's in the name of the thing, it's not trying to mislead people by trying to make out they'll see loads of different races...
Old 24 Sep 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1415548)   #67
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the timetable stays at is there is a good chance I won't hang around for the Sunday - a full 750MC day at Mallory seems more tempting...
Old 25 Sep 2005, 09:07 (Ref:1415814)   #68
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Ian being the main man at ff1600 have you e-mailed those who it concern's asking if they'd consider changing the timetable?perhaps it would be a good idea to send the rest of the comments you've got on the website.

unless you've got an e-mail address all us on ten tenths could send a message too??
Old 25 Sep 2005, 09:26 (Ref:1415822)   #69
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
If as many drivers as possible email Jeremy Howkins at fff@brscc.co.uk. copying in Steve Burns steve@brscc.co.uk. we might get the heats moved to saturday.

Old 25 Sep 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1415827)   #70
Triple J Motorsport
Veteran

England
Burgess Hill W Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayFF
If as many drivers as possible email Jeremy Howkins at fff@brscc.co.uk. copying in Steve Burns steve@brscc.co.uk. we might get the heats moved to saturday.
Or is there someone higher up in the BRSCC who should be shouted at!!

Old 25 Sep 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1415888)   #71
Barry Pomfret
Racer

Barry Pomfret should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's about time JEB starts organising an alternative "Festival/Walter Hayes" combining the best of all Ford engined single seaters for next season at Silverstone. If the date is decided early enough the regional championships, Classic FF 1600, Zetecs and Pre 82 FF 2000 can all attend, and work their calender around that date.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 12:38 (Ref:1415920)   #72
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
Don't really think we need an alterative to the festival it just needs to like the old day's where fford's take priorty over the support programme at the moment its the other way around,i just don't think the BRSCC really give a stuff about it.But that remains to be seen if they change the programme around then we know that they can listen to people thought's and take on idea's that have been mentioned??

You never know stranger things have happend in the world of motorsport
Old 25 Sep 2005, 19:24 (Ref:1416131)   #73
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They should definitely keep it at Brands, so much better than Silverstone for this sort of thing in my opinion.
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1416181)   #74
itsonlyme
Racer

England
itsonlyme has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoyer
They should definitely keep it at Brands, so much better than Silverstone for this sort of thing in my opinion.
keep the "formula ford festival" at brands or have the odd ff1600 race at the end of the day in a saloon car meeting at the end of october at brands???????
Old 25 Sep 2005, 20:07 (Ref:1416182)   #75
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
Well they should have a race meeting "dominated by Formula Fords" at Brands, in October...