Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Apr 2012, 03:41 (Ref:3062422)   #26
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eastern Creek
Old 20 Apr 2012, 08:15 (Ref:3062479)   #27
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's hoping someone can align the planets for V8Supercars and the ARDC.

I'd go if they put EC back on the calender.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3062540)   #28
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is a joke right?

I have airfares and accomm and van booked for 6 blokes.

Second year in a row these idiots have changed the dates of a race on us. Last year it was Barbagallo.

How do I find Bertony Cochranestone's phone number?

Who would you ring???

AP
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 20 Apr 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3062559)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
This is a joke right?

Second year in a row these idiots have changed the dates of a race on us. Last year it was Barbagallo.

Who would you ring???

AP
Sadly not AP... the calendar monster got you... again

Benalla is a nice little tourist town, be great to go wandering round the historic shops and old buildings and the like.. Shepparton is just up the road.. awesome places to eat, drink & be merry... no car racing but
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Apr 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3062583)   #30
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is a joke right?

Who would you ring???

AP
Somebody as quickly as possible to change all your bookings. Good thing is you possibly wont have to take your winter gear with you, but I would just in case.
Old 20 Apr 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3062704)   #31
mspence
Racer

mspence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This is a joke right?

Who would you ring???

AP
Ring his mate Shane Howard. Probably more likely to take a call without it going through 3 PA's.
I bet he's responsible for the calendar anyway.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 01:51 (Ref:3062904)   #32
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
notice its always Winton or Qld Raceway or Wanneroo or Symmons or PI or Sandown who's dates get changed, NEVER a street circuit. They can try and stuff these tracks around as much as they like, people will always turn up, as they are the REAL racetracks.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 03:01 (Ref:3062911)   #33
grange54
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
grange54 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Appears to be nobody is home at V8Supercars Australia to update their website, possibly all are in NZ and have not realised that the round has changed!!
Have also looked at Eastern Creek's website and no information there.
Looks like Winton has the jump once again.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 03:32 (Ref:3062915)   #34
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst View Post
notice its always Winton or Qld Raceway or Wanneroo or Symmons or PI or Sandown who's dates get changed, NEVER a street circuit. They can try and stuff these tracks around as much as they like, people will always turn up, as they are the REAL racetracks.
Changing a street track date at short notice would be very hard or even impossible with gazetted road closures etc. so no question that it's much easier to make a date change at a permanent track that is there all the time. In this case, I'd imagine that Winton would have liked the opportunity to run their event in nicer weather & have more chance of a strong crowd and gate revenue - rather than being stuffed around, have a feeling that this change probably suits the circuit operators.
Old 21 Apr 2012, 04:02 (Ref:3062917)   #35
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grange54 View Post
Appears to be nobody is home at V8Supercars Australia to update their website, possibly all are in NZ and have not realised that the round has changed!!
Have also looked at Eastern Creek's website and no information there.
Looks like Winton has the jump once again.
officially the round hasnt changed

sppedcafe has announced it is going to happen

but they also said "Confirmation of the revised 2012 calendar is expected to be announced on Sunday"
Old 21 Apr 2012, 08:06 (Ref:3062984)   #36
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumNick View Post
So... what happens in August?
The Muscle Car Rally, to the Muscle Car Masters, will still start at Winton on Monday 27th, first day of the Event!!!
Old 23 Apr 2012, 02:29 (Ref:3063982)   #37
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This is a joke right?

If you haven't already contact your acomm provider AP.

I spoke to a couple of them in Benalla on Friday morning as soon as the change became public and one had already started moving everyone they knew who booked for the V8's over to the new weekend, the other was going to start as soon as he hung up the phone talking to me about it so at least on that front you "should" be ok.

Holidays, airlines and rentals should be reasonable with this much notice but it's still a right royal pain in the a...
Old 23 Apr 2012, 07:22 (Ref:3064051)   #38
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker View Post
Not such a mystery anymore *..... 36°31′6″S 146°5′15″E

Businesses in the surrounding area were told recently that discussions have been had about the “ TBA second last round” swapping with an existing Australian round ( a poorly timed one )

Not set in stone, but greater than a 50/50 chance

* Special thanks to Algenon, from "Alphonse Motorsport Investigations" for allowing me to share this.
Nice work Uncle, say hai to Algenon for me when you see him next, he seems to have forgotten me since he got all famous...

How is it that people get these scoops ? ? ? Uncle Cranker posted this over FIVE WEEKS before Friday's news, (let alone the Sunday 'official announcment') ?

I'm sure VESA think the motorsport public are all fools, but that's another disscussion...

Now, does anyone have a spare bed for Winton in November, as it appears I've been unceramoniously dumped by Algenon...
Old 30 Apr 2012, 03:57 (Ref:3067242)   #39
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This is a joke right?

Who would you ring???

AP
I think it is saying the punters are making way too much money from Chemistry and should stay home AP