Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Nov 2009, 14:20 (Ref:2574900)   #1
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Scandinavian Touring Car Championship

The Swedish Touring Car Championship and Danish Touring Car Championship are planning to join forces to a Scandinavian Touring Car Championship.

"Our vision is to merge STCC and DTC to form a Scandinavian championship. We believe that it is something that would benefit all involved in the long run," said Bob Huzell, MD of STCC, to TouringCarTimes.com.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 16:05 (Ref:2574978)   #2
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds good, and hopefully they'll have Danish officials manage the races.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 17:12 (Ref:2575024)   #3
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm guessing this is the teams that didn't want to do the V8s Then?
Old 3 Nov 2009, 17:39 (Ref:2575045)   #4
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great news!
Old 3 Nov 2009, 21:18 (Ref:2575177)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Awsome news! All I can say is... Please visit Knockhill. Its pretty much in Scandinavia if you think about it

Im over the moon with this! If only I could watch it...
Old 4 Nov 2009, 12:12 (Ref:2575563)   #6
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
Awsome news! All I can say is... Please visit Knockhill. Its pretty much in Scandinavia if you think about it

Im over the moon with this! If only I could watch it...
What, you mean the series should visit a superb little track with wonderful elevation changes and several fast, flowing corners? That's simply outrageous - should the STCC visit any new track it would obviously need to be more of a slow, start/stop Mickey Mouse type of track.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 14:54 (Ref:2575652)   #7
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
What, you mean the series should visit a superb little track with wonderful elevation changes and several fast, flowing corners? That's simply outrageous - should the STCC visit any new track it would obviously need to be more of a slow, start/stop Mickey Mouse type of track.

Well with some luck we will at least see Anderstorp back on the calendar 2010.
Old 4 Nov 2009, 20:23 (Ref:2575845)   #8
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be brilliant if they could visit the UK. Thruxton or Rockingham please

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 5 Nov 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2576463)   #9
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i love the range of cars in the stcc, i also think its a shame the Audis don't run that well , and yes VISIT THE UK
Old 6 Nov 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2576857)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post

Well with some luck we will at least see Anderstorp back on the calendar 2010.
That would be really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRamone View Post
Would be brilliant if they could visit the UK. Thruxton or Rockingham please
Rockingham is a bit too Swedish (well the in-field section anyway), but I'd love to see STCC at Thruxton - the speed, and racing for that matter, at that place is simply marvellous.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 09:00 (Ref:2576878)   #11
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The clue is in the name of the series - why would they want/need to visit the UK when they have potentially three countries to visit already?
Old 7 Nov 2009, 07:09 (Ref:2577473)   #12
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sheraton View Post
its a shame the Audis don't run that well
Well, they are getting old nowdays and the competition didnt stand idle. It did good in the "privateer" class this year though, 2nd place overall.

As for visiting the UK... if the mountain can't come to Mike, maybe Mike can come to the mountain.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 11:46 (Ref:2577559)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
The clue is in the name of the series - why would they want/need to visit the UK when they have potentially three countries to visit already?
Well the Vikings did the same and they did not have the modern transportation we have nowadays. But serious I think the remarks about visiting the UK is more wishful thinking.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 14:15 (Ref:2577642)   #14
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I strongly doubt that the series will visit the UK because of the transportation costs. There is no real reason either as UK is not part of the Nordic region.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 17:46 (Ref:2577723)   #15
Valenok
Racer

Valenok should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But UK can give full tribunes, if they interest in this series.
Just business, no politik.
If they decide transportation problems.
China is not part of Europe too, but they want DTM.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 01:14 (Ref:2577939)   #16
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenok View Post
But UK can give full tribunes, if they interest in this series.
Would the average BTCC crowd be enough to "pay for" the transportation?
Would the average British crowd be equally interested in seeing S(c)TCC as they are are in seeing BTCC?

If both those questions can't be answered with a yes, which I highly doubt, then it's hard to see where the economy for it would come from.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 09:07 (Ref:2578090)   #17
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
I think the UK discussion is a bit beside the point.

First of all races need to be secured in Norway and Finland. And thats not easy to begin with
Old 8 Nov 2009, 13:21 (Ref:2578252)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Yes, lets go on-topic. STCC visiting the UK isn't realistic.

Last edited by FIRE; 8 Nov 2009 at 13:26.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 00:58 (Ref:2578566)   #19
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
I'd like to see them return to Arctic Circle Raceway. Nice, flowing track that one.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 04:05 (Ref:2578637)   #20
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stedevil View Post
Well, they are getting old nowdays and the competition didnt stand idle. It did good in the "privateer" class this year though, 2nd place overall.
But I also expect the privateer class to have a smaller operational/ developmental budget than a fully Works team would get. It would be interesting to see how competitive the car could could race continuing with a Works budget.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 04:05 (Ref:2578638)   #21
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to give the organziers a thumbs up for continuing with S2000 race than V8s or something else!
Old 9 Nov 2009, 16:58 (Ref:2579027)   #22
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'd like to see them return to Arctic Circle Raceway. Nice, flowing track that one.
Yeah, it's a shame they don't race there.
The nicest track in Scandinavia imho.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 10:51 (Ref:2580057)   #23
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow View Post
But I also expect the privateer class to have a smaller operational/ developmental budget than a fully Works team would get. It would be interesting to see how competitive the car could could race continuing with a Works budget.
Well, they wanted to develop a new car already back for the 2008 season before Audi cancelled their support for 2008 quite surprisingly (it didnt make sense until VAG-VW announced they would join in 2009 with the Biogas cars).
Old 18 Nov 2009, 13:07 (Ref:2584164)   #24
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It's a good track, but it's a long trip, and nobody comes to watch. Getting a race in Norway isn't difficult in itself (Våler), getting it at a good track a whole nother matter. If they could get some sponsor to fly them to ACR I'd be all for it, but otherwise it's just too far out of the way.
Old 19 Nov 2009, 04:34 (Ref:2584775)   #25
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
Indeed, since they long term are looking at racing in Finland, ACR is within reasonable range comparatively. But will it draw large enough crowds to be worth it? The area is not especially densely populated (though people in the north are used to traveling long distances to where something interesting is happening).