Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today


VSCC POMEROY TROPHY
Calendar: Historic Racing
Mike Bell
Race Official
 
24 Feb 2018
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Location: Silverstone

The annual kick off for the season!
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2018, 17:18 (Ref:3803842)   #31
bauble
Veteran
 
bauble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
Posts: 3,832
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A Few More

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0096.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	51010

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0097.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	51011

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0098.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	51012

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0100.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	51013

Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0132.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	51014

Click image for larger version

Name:	A very fast E-Type.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	51015
bauble is online now  
__________________
When asking; "Is he joking?" Best assume yes!
Quote
Old 25 Feb 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3803851)   #32
Sam Stretton
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Sam Stretton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
And "Mini Copper"! Probably scanned with character recognition by a computer rather than entered by hand, but somebody should be checking manually.

More irritating to me, in the programme they reprinted the initial report from last year's event, when only provisional results were known, and therefore listed Alex Ames as top placed 'modern', when in the final results it was, ahem, T Galbraith in his Subaru Impreza!

A great day yesterday and seemed much better organised than last year.
Sorry to burst your bubble but the VSCC seem to allow a lot of cars that are obviously supercharged/turbocharged to declare without them, this significantly alters the handicap. Your car is turbocharged thus would not of finished “first modern” last year as it would have a bigger handicap. If the organisers have made a mistake not calculating this in, it was pointed out to them last year when results were provisional, they chose to ignore. This on publication of the entry it was easy to see at least half a dozen entries that were obviously missing the S which signifies forced induction again it was pointed out to them and they decided it was to difficult to police, while they are very keen to check suitcases and length which has less influence on the handicap, cheers Sam.
Sam Stretton is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Feb 2018, 19:22 (Ref:3803871)   #33
bauble
Veteran
 
bauble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
Posts: 3,832
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks Bob. Eclectic mix as usual, but Maxi my favourite! I presume the little hatch is a ‘Gazoo Racing’ Yaris GRMN....... (Engine built at Hethel by Lotus , but don’t ask what ‘GMRN’ stands for )
Mike it was explained at the 'Media Briefing'. now compulsory for the Media at every meeting, I did not quite catch it all but the 'G' is for garage, and I think the 'M' is Maison. It is not some reference to specification or performance, but then it is a Jap car.

I have a lot more pictures so will post a link once they are uploaded to my web site. Tortoise, and NL watch this space.
bauble is online now  
__________________
When asking; "Is he joking?" Best assume yes!
Quote
Old 25 Feb 2018, 19:32 (Ref:3803874)   #34
relativtortoise
Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location:
Cambridge
Posts: 171
relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have a lot more pictures so will post a link once they are uploaded to my web site. Tortoise, and NL watch this space.
Good to have a brief catch up with you Bob in the assembly area and we should extend a welcome to Sam both to the thread and 10/10ths as a past Pom winner.....

Last edited by relativtortoise; 25 Feb 2018 at 19:37.
relativtortoise is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Feb 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3803891)   #35
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,482
grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mike it was explained at the 'Media Briefing'. now compulsory for the Media at every meeting, I did not quite catch it all but the 'G' is for garage, and I think the 'M' is Maison. It is not some reference to specification or performance, but then it is a Jap car.

I have a lot more pictures so will post a link once they are uploaded to my web site. Tortoise, and NL watch this space.
Bob,

What content at the media briefing makes attendance compulsory?

I assume there is some aspect that cannot be covered by a set of notes issued at sign on?
grantp is offline  
Quote
Old 25 Feb 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3803896)   #36
boggissimo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
United Kingdom
Kent
Posts: 25
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Stretton View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but the VSCC seem to allow a lot of cars that are obviously supercharged/turbocharged to declare without them, this significantly alters the handicap. Your car is turbocharged thus would not of finished “first modern” last year as it would have a bigger handicap. If the organisers have made a mistake not calculating this in, it was pointed out to them last year when results were provisional, they chose to ignore. This on publication of the entry it was easy to see at least half a dozen entries that were obviously missing the S which signifies forced induction again it was pointed out to them and they decided it was to difficult to police, while they are very keen to check suitcases and length which has less influence on the handicap, cheers Sam.
Not sure what you're saying here. I clearly indicated on my entry form that my car is turbocharged, whether or not they indicate that in the entry list (they only seem to use the S for supercharged cars, there are plenty of turbocharged cars in there and yet they don't seem to have a letter T in their typewriter).

What I'm saying is that in the 2017 preliminary results, Alex Ames was the top 'modern'. But when they checked, in the final results I was the top modern, 15th overall. I was merely annoyed that they reprinted last year's report written when only the preliminary results were available in this year's programme – they didn't bother to check against the final results.
boggissimo is offline  
__________________
My stable: 2005 Subaru Impreza wagon PPP, 2017 Nissan Leaf Tekna, 1962 BMW Isetta (in bits)
Quote
Old 25 Feb 2018, 22:23 (Ref:3803916)   #37
Sam Stretton
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2
Sam Stretton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you relativtortoise but I never quite won, was second several times, so close and those days are gone, it’s just a great event and just so much fun.
Boggissimo I apologise, l’m sure you made it clear on your entry, the problem seems to be with the VSCC, like I said there’s no ‘T’ for turbocharged they use ‘S’ for both supercharged and turbocharged. Looking at the seeding of cars that should but don’t have the ‘S’ and equivalent cars that do have an ‘S’ suggests they haven’t applied the 1.4 equivalence. Cheers Sam
Sam Stretton is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Feb 2018, 05:29 (Ref:3803948)   #38
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran
 
Mike Bell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Posts: 10,482
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mike it was explained at the 'Media Briefing'. now compulsory for the Media at every meeting, I did not quite catch it all but the 'G' is for garage, and I think the 'M' is Maison. It is not some reference to specification or performance, but then it is a Jap car.
GRMN apparently stands for "Gazoo Racing Meisters of Nurburgring"........

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I have a lot more pictures so will post a link once they are uploaded to my web site. Tortoise, and NL watch this space.
I intrigued to see how some solved the luggage carrying challenge!
Mike Bell is online now  
__________________
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere. (Einstein)
Quote
Old 26 Feb 2018, 07:25 (Ref:3803972)   #39
bauble
Veteran
 
bauble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
Posts: 3,832
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Bob,

What content at the media briefing makes attendance compulsory?

I assume there is some aspect that cannot be covered by a set of notes issued at sign on?
The content was nothing but plain common sense, and we learnt nothing new (apart from a Yaris being a Gnm,,,), it was a formality to say we had been briefed, and therefore able to sigh-on and wear a tabard. No briefing and no trackside access, it is now mandatory under MSA rules. It follows spectators being killed at a rally in Scotland where they had posed as Media somehow.

I asked if having been 'briefed' once it would cover the season? No! Each event it seems. Apparently a pre-event on-line system is being considered.

Don't obstruct marshals posts, obey all marshal's instructions, don't photograph from a dangerous position, do not photograph (graphic) accidents, only picture children with parents permission, do not intrude on grieving people. All of this unless of 'Public interest' importance.

This is my reading not a full official account.
bauble is online now  
__________________
When asking; "Is he joking?" Best assume yes!
Quote
Old 26 Feb 2018, 09:21 (Ref:3803993)   #40
boggissimo
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
United Kingdom
Kent
Posts: 25
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Stretton View Post
Boggissimo I apologise, l’m sure you made it clear on your entry, the problem seems to be with the VSCC, like I said there’s no ‘T’ for turbocharged they use ‘S’ for both supercharged and turbocharged. Looking at the seeding of cars that should but don’t have the ‘S’ and equivalent cars that do have an ‘S’ suggests they haven’t applied the 1.4 equivalence. Cheers Sam
There is a comment on the VSCC forum that 'plans for next year are afoot' to list T as well as S for the different forced induction methods.

Are the seedings (or H values) listed somewhere? I've never seen them although I don't see why they couldn't publish them. It was good that they measured the L length during signing on/scrutineering this year, wondered how much errors/exaggerations could affect the results.

Provisional results have just been released!
Top modern was Ross Keeling, in third place overall in his Mini! Alex Ames 4th. I was 13th (although not sure why I got a 10 point penalty for test E, have queried that).

5 of the 16 1st class awards went to cars built since 2000, compared to only 2 last year.
boggissimo is offline  
__________________
My stable: 2005 Subaru Impreza wagon PPP, 2017 Nissan Leaf Tekna, 1962 BMW Isetta (in bits)
Quote
Old 26 Feb 2018, 09:56 (Ref:3804000)   #41
bauble
Veteran
 
bauble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
Posts: 3,832
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As a mere spectator, I can only say that having watched a very mixed field of cars vying for the honour of being the best car to use for continental cruising, I would rather have the Maserati, than any of the presumably perfect vehicles according to the VSCC.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0052.jpg  
bauble is online now  
__________________
When asking; "Is he joking?" Best assume yes!
Quote
Old 26 Feb 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3804036)   #42
relativtortoise
Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location:
Cambridge
Posts: 171
relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Stretton View Post
Thank you relativtortoise but I never quite won, was second several times, so close and those days are gone, it’s just a great event and just so much fun.
Boggissimo I apologise, l’m sure you made it clear on your entry, the problem seems to be with the VSCC, like I said there’s no ‘T’ for turbocharged they use ‘S’ for both supercharged and turbocharged. Looking at the seeding of cars that should but don’t have the ‘S’ and equivalent cars that do have an ‘S’ suggests they haven’t applied the 1.4 equivalence. Cheers Sam
Do you know I was sure that you had won it in the Lotus - second overall is good .....I did that in 2010 but I seem to be moving further away now.

Be interesting to know if the 1.4 has been applied to the Keeling Cooper S
relativtortoise is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Feb 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3804042)   #43
coppice
Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Posts: 263
coppice should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
As a mere spectator, I can only say that having watched a very mixed field of cars vying for the honour of being the best car to use for continental cruising, I would rather have the Maserati, than any of the presumably perfect vehicles according to the VSCC.
No doubt - as would a Focus Diesel . But I'll take the T35 Bugatti thanks - and I'd still be talking about the trip in a decade's time .....

VSCC occupies a parallel universe - and it's one I like very much indeed ...
coppice is offline  
Quote
Old 26 Feb 2018, 13:25 (Ref:3804055)   #44
bauble
Veteran
 
bauble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
Posts: 3,832
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
No doubt - as would a Focus Diesel . But I'll take the T35 Bugatti thanks - and I'd still be talking about the trip in a decade's time .....

VSCC occupies a parallel universe - and it's one I like very much indeed ...
I fully understand your choice Cop, but would the 'popsie' agree?
bauble is online now  
__________________
When asking; "Is he joking?" Best assume yes!
Quote
Old 26 Feb 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3804076)   #45
coppice
Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Posts: 263
coppice should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcoppice should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Umm...in 100k mile of Sevens Joanne travelled about 300 of them and drove a Seven for possibly 100yards . But who needs crumpet (copyright Stirling Moss 1957 ) when you have a screaming straight 8 , what ?
coppice is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VSCC Pomeroy Trophy Peter Mallett Historic Racing Today 3 20 Feb 2014 20:28
VSCC Pomeroy Trophy Moosehead Historic Racing Today 3 6 Dec 2005 11:37
VSCC Pomeroy Trophy.. relativtortoise Historic Racing Today 83 9 Mar 2004 17:58
VSCC Pomeroy Trophy 21-2-2004 BugEyed Historic Racing Today 28 30 Jan 2004 09:47
VSCC let's get positive, "the Pomeroy Trophy" Feb 21st Silverstone. eclectic Historic Racing Today 1 25 Jan 2004 12:31


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 17:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2018 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.