Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 3 May 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1292331)   #1
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
NI Formula Ford

Saw a couple of posts in a different thread which reminded me I meant to ask this:

Victor Gibson - not out last weekend - is he going to be racing?

Also, I noticed George McAlpin on the list but missing from the grid.
Old 3 May 2005, 21:18 (Ref:1292356)   #2
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I spoke to Victor on Saturday.......He WILL be out in time for the festival. He is still awaiting his engine. He thought it would be here in time for last weekend but it wasn't to be.........I thought I saw George in the Paddock but it was a quick glimpse....might not have been him. I know he's raced in the south this season.

Are you a Victor Gibson fan?????????
Old 3 May 2005, 21:22 (Ref:1292358)   #3
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
LOL, always! He's my own personal incident.

In his first year of racing, whenever he came off, it was always at my post or Grant's.

I have to say he really didn't look happy to see us that first Formula Ford Festival...... But he more or less broke his duck - he DID come off at Grant's post (top of Paddock) but he managed to get all the way into and back out of the gravel trap without assistance (impressing the marshals in the process I might add!).

George was definitely out at the last southern race and he was in the programme for last Saturday but I didn't see the car out.

I was kind of looking as the first six on the grid were making me fairly nervous. Colonial is NOT a good place to be when those boys are all jostling for position! All it needed was Messrs Gibson and McAlpin to have a full set of racing demons!
Old 3 May 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1292366)   #4
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Probably flat out in forth .....If I know Victor........

I am sure you'll be seeing him again in the Paddock hill gravel..........Oh....and by the way.....You've a chance of seeing me there too..........Please be gentle with me.....
Old 3 May 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1292368)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I haven't actually done the top of paddock - done the bottom though. Blessedly free of fordies last year except for one incident which I will not comment on - but it did rain minis for some inexplicable reason!

Will we be seeing you at Kirky for the Festival?
Old 3 May 2005, 21:30 (Ref:1292370)   #6
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
How do you think I felt.......ninth on the grid immediately behind the six you mentioned? It's fair to say my eyes were on stalks.

Joking appart, I thought the tribute to Martin was very touching and I was proud to be part of it..........The crowd were great too.

Thanks to all of you marshals, without whom there would be no racing, websites or banter.
Old 3 May 2005, 21:32 (Ref:1292371)   #7
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Were you at the Foster - Edgar carnage????????
Old 3 May 2005, 21:35 (Ref:1292378)   #8
Me and My Swift
Rookie

Ireland
Meath
Me and My Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vic G is on his way back alright. He has jst completely rebuilt his RF92 and is nearly ready for action. He wil be back to try and make up for last years dissapointments!! We wil both go head to head at the Kirk festival, along with 15 other competitive drivers. Its a great pity the Brits are afraid to take on the IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3 May 2005, 21:37 (Ref:1292381)   #9
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Yeah but you're in the car - you have a nice roll cage and stuff. I was on the flagpost, which has already been demolished on me a couple of times!!!

Actually I was very happy with how well they behaved - I suspect there may have been some slightly more... well... boisterous behaviour at other areas of the circuit, but although the racing was very close, it was all very clean at Colonial.

Have we met before? I shall come and seek you out in the paddock at the end of the month muahahahahahahahaha what's your car number?

I thought the minute's silence for Martin was a lovely gesture and very heartfelt. A sad loss. I only met him a couple of times, but he seemed like a very nice man.

Glad you like the marshals - nice to be liked! We kind of like you drivers too, but don't tell anyone, it's a secret!

As for the Foster Edgar thing, no comment. If you want to know what my reaction was, you can ask Mike. He'll probably remember...........!
Old 3 May 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1292384)   #10
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Ahhhh hemmmmm!!!!!!!........I am a Brit that chooses the additional expense to race with the best at Kirkistown and I came 8th in only my 7th race.............!!!!! If only I'd have started this racing lark earlier.......
Old 3 May 2005, 21:39 (Ref:1292385)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Ooh another NI driver? Didn't know we had so many. If any of you want Tenths sew on patches, I'll have some with me at the Festival at the end of the month - only £3.50
Old 3 May 2005, 21:40 (Ref:1292389)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by heel'n'toe-no
Ahhhh hemmmmm!!!!!!!........I am a Brit that chooses the additional expense to race with the best at Kirkistown and I came 8th in only my 7th race.............!!!!! If only I'd have started this racing lark earlier.......

Ooooh was that you dancing with the Hagan boys?
Old 3 May 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1292396)   #13
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
You sound like a good laugh EvilPumpkin.......I am car number two. I am also one of Mikes team mates. I take it you are one of the brave (or fool hardy) sould on the outside of Colonial 1.

You must come and introduce yourself at the festival.

It's bloody marshalling that got me in to this racing lark. Used to marshall at Ingleston in Scotland...........Davidson with his Opel Lotus knows where I'm talking about.
Old 3 May 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1292398)   #14
Me and My Swift
Rookie

Ireland
Meath
Me and My Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Lee i meant every other Brit apart from yourself and Simon!!!
Old 3 May 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1292399)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Ahhh yes I know you now!! Ok it's a date, I'll come and inflict myself upon you!

I don't always do Colonial as we try to rotate but I've been there quite a bit lately as I'm familiar with flagging the post. So if you got any dodgy blue flags last weekend, that was me (had a bit of trouble getting my eye in last weekend! )
Old 3 May 2005, 21:47 (Ref:1292402)   #16
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Not me dancing with the Hagan's but count me in for 2 no. patches. £7 with your name on it burning a hole as we speak. And the patches will be going on my race suit.

By the way.........I have it on good authority that JEB will be at the festival.

JEB - I will call you soon before we go over.
Old 3 May 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1292404)   #17
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Ok - just make sure they're ok for the regs - we've been trying to get clarification on whether they're allowed for race suits

Ok now I guess I have to try to get the Friday off so we can come up for qualifying!
Old 3 May 2005, 21:49 (Ref:1292405)   #18
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Glad to see you've redeemed yourself (you and your swift). Anyway.....whats this Rookie status on your login????

You're never a rookie.....are you?
Old 3 May 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1292409)   #19
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
I guess there will be no more blue flags in my direction anymore then????

Not that they mean anything to me anyway..............

Waved yellows tend to get my attention.

Black when I'm Go karting and chequered when I'm........................................... no where near the front of the field......damn.
Old 3 May 2005, 21:54 (Ref:1292411)   #20
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when is the Irish Festival?

Cliff was talking about cheap ferry rides the other week at Brands? How much is the ferry?

RR
Old 3 May 2005, 21:55 (Ref:1292413)   #21
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Maybe we can even grab a beer in the club house - If Victoria is working on Friday????

Does Victoria read this??????
Old 3 May 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1292417)   #22
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
mmmmm beeeeeer

Haven't actually sampled the new bar yet - usually we're faced with a 3.5 hour drive back to Dublin when racing finishes, so we don't tend to stay and party for very long - particularly as we normally have a Mondello on the Sunday.

But I'm sure something could be arranged!
Old 3 May 2005, 21:58 (Ref:1292420)   #23
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Irish Festival is 27th and 28th May. No idea about Ferry costs, but I know you can chose from Liverpool or Stranraer to Belfast. Kirkistown is no more than 1 hour from Belfast.

It would be great to see you Oulton Park boys over in Ireland. Only thing is I won't be the photographer........i would actually get a chance to race against you all........how good is that.

A chance (possibly) to redeem yourselves after Mike Edgars excursion to Oulton last year after 12 years only to win BOTH races. I think you were in America weren't you Redracer?
Old 3 May 2005, 22:02 (Ref:1292424)   #24
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
Sounds good EP. My cousin Scott is over from Manchester too and he is always good for a laugh. If you do get the Friday off and you are looking for digs, try the Ballynester B&B in Greyabbey.........it's fantastic. I've booked it up for all of this season.

I can't wait, motor racing - no pressure and hopefully racing against people I have only ever photographed before.
Old 3 May 2005, 22:05 (Ref:1292428)   #25
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in London working and hutch drove my car.....or flew my car as it turned out!!!

I do fancy a play in Ireland but I am not sure my wife would let me do Ireland right after the MSV round at Oulton Park?

Lee although Mike is a brill driver I think he was a little lucky that weekend due to the crash with hutch and steve roberts having an off but as we all say that is racing and it is about crossing the finish line not being fastest on the first lap

Whats the deal with the festival? Is there testing available? I may ask Infiniti if they can do it but it will be costly for just one so does anybody fancy hiring an Infiniti run Van Diemen to share costs!!