Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 29 Jan 2020, 10:42 (Ref:3954366)   #26
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
14th March confirmed at Lydden
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...epa=SEARCH_BOX
Old 29 Jan 2020, 11:18 (Ref:3954375)   #27
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Excellent, hopefully there'll be a decent entry for this
Old 29 Jan 2020, 13:39 (Ref:3954396)   #28
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news. I hope they stick with the winter series and make a bigger effort to market it next year.

There is very little circuit motorsport in the UK between November and March - there is a massive gap rallycross could fill for both spectators and participants.
Old 2 Feb 2020, 19:56 (Ref:3955333)   #29
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw Rob Gibson's name all over that red and white RS200 that never seems to race anywhere? Has he gone rogue?
Old 2 Feb 2020, 21:20 (Ref:3955345)   #30
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
Saw Rob Gibson's name all over that red and white RS200 that never seems to race anywhere? Has he gone rogue?
Gone rogue? Shirley is still running the Retros and it looks like there will be some Group B cars running at a few of the British rounds this year, so hopefully the Metro will be out.

The red and white car is an Evo200 (replica) that used to belong to Bill Watson. Rob has owned it for at least a year now, Bill did a couple of demo laps at Lydden (think it was 2017), never seen Rob use it in anger.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3955444)   #31
hoffman66
Racer

That was my point, I do not really have the interest to know much about retro rallycross, it's been a bit samey for years now, but obviously if I attend meetings I see this RS200 around but rarely see it run, and then I see Gibbo's name on it, so presume he must have bought it and plans to run it.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 14:23 (Ref:3955471)   #32
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That was my point, I do not really have the interest to know much about retro rallycross, it's been a bit samey for years now, but obviously if I attend meetings I see this RS200 around but rarely see it run, and then I see Gibbo's name on it, so presume he must have bought it and plans to run it.
I looked into the Evo200 a couple of years ago. I don't want to be unfair but, based on what I have been told, I think the car would struggle against the Retro field.
Old 3 Feb 2020, 14:24 (Ref:3955472)   #33
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I've not seen this posted anywhere else - Lydden have got their planning application approved:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/n...passed-221245/

That's got to be good news for the future of the circuit.
Old 4 Feb 2020, 00:11 (Ref:3955557)   #34
hoffman66
Racer

AS said in other places, I can not see much justification for building it quite honestly.

What is there that warrants a new building, other than removing what is there, which is fair enough I suppose.

They have zero big meetings there anymore?
Old 4 Feb 2020, 00:42 (Ref:3955561)   #35
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
I think it is hoped that improving the circuit facilities might change that.

I don't think it was the sole factor, but a lack of improvement/modernization of the track facilities was one of reasons why the World Championship departed Lydden.

With these improvements there is hope that Lydden can win European/World competition back.
Old 4 Feb 2020, 00:44 (Ref:3955562)   #36
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe to try and get some stuff back? WRX didn't stay because of poor facilities. Also they could rent it as office/meeting space outside of race weekends
Old 4 Feb 2020, 14:22 (Ref:3955648)   #37
hoffman66
Racer

I very much doubt the facilities were the real issue with Lydden, that was a smokescreen.. It has now become clear that IMG basically ran the Silverstone events, promoted them etc, so they were always going to move there no matter what Lydden did.

I am not sure if they might have even funded the circuit build although i doubt it. But it also became clear when they dumped the event that they had to hire the whole venue, a considerable cost obviously and the obvious reason behind the insane early ticket prices etc and the main reason it fell on its arse.

Lydden cannot really host anything beyond clubman level due to the track size, layout and lack of pitlane etc. it never has been able to really. Maybe trucks? Sidecars or something, but nothing big, maybe not even 750MC, the place just isn't big enough

Rallycross is about as big as it could get and yes it might come back, Silverstone seems to be gone forever, despite the track being reaonable and the site itself being far superior.
Old 6 Feb 2020, 09:15 (Ref:3956057)   #38
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Mark Donnelly confirmed to run in Supercars this year. Post on Facebook says he will be driving a LDM DS3, although the accompanying image is of a C4 (with Pat driving).

Mark seemed to get up to speed pretty quickly when he drove the C4 at the Titans round last year, so he could be competitive this year.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 09:25 (Ref:3959715)   #39
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Few names confirmed in the Supercars now:

Andy Grant - Ford Focus
Julian Godfrey - Ford Fiesta
Jack Thorne - Ford Fiesta
Mark Donnelly - Citroen DS3
Ollie O’Donovan - Ford Fiesta
Roger Thomas - Ford Fiesta
Steve Hill - Mitsubishi Evo X
Tristan Ovenden - Citroen DS3
Old 25 Feb 2020, 13:54 (Ref:3959761)   #40
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Be good to add Tohill, Procter and a few others to that list. But is a promising start for February!
Old 25 Feb 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3959795)   #41
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Be good to add Tohill, Procter and a few others to that list. But is a promising start for February!
Derek definitely gave Godfrey a run for his money last year, so it would be great to see him back.

Ditto for Procter: as long as he brings better luck this year!
Old 5 Mar 2020, 08:45 (Ref:3961700)   #42
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Andy Scott now confirmed to drive an Albatec 208 (the last 208 they have left?).
Old 5 Mar 2020, 10:08 (Ref:3961720)   #43
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Andy Scott now confirmed to drive an Albatec 208 (the last 208 they have left?).
That's good news - the 208 is a good looking car and should be competitive.

The supercar field is looking reasonably healthy - I assume Andy Grant and Steve Mundy will be around as well? Anyone heard anything from Simon Horton? Whilst on the subject of Subarus - whatever happened to Kevin McCann?
Old 5 Mar 2020, 23:36 (Ref:3961830)   #44
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Whilst on the subject of Subarus - whatever happened to Kevin McCann?
I believe Kevin was on the list to appear as part of the rallycross contingent at Autosport earlier this year, but the car wasn't ready in time.

Hopefully his GR Impreza will make its (long overdue) first appearance in the BTRDA Championship this year.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3961879)   #45
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
I believe Kevin was on the list to appear as part of the rallycross contingent at Autosport earlier this year, but the car wasn't ready in time.

Hopefully his GR Impreza will make its (long overdue) first appearance in the BTRDA Championship this year.
That's excellent news, it'll be good to see that car in action (finally!).
Old 7 Mar 2020, 20:23 (Ref:3962186)   #46
Barrie
Veteran

England
Colchester Essex
Barrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon we might see Kuypers new Fiesta on the entry
Old 9 Mar 2020, 13:31 (Ref:3962469)   #47
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Anybody fancy a restoration job on the Mike Howlin / Mike Manning rwd Fiesta?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-ex-X...wAAOSwH41dzVAa

You've got to think there are a lot more rallycross cars/shells sat out there in various garages, would be great to see them resurrected and back in action.
Old 10 Mar 2020, 19:15 (Ref:3962833)   #48
hoffman66
Racer

Been trying to sell that for ages I think, and to be fair if Howlin drive it would be probably be bent!! Ask Boak!
Old 11 Mar 2020, 09:00 (Ref:3962983)   #49
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Mike Sellar confirms his return to rallycross in an ex-Hansen DS3.

Press release says that brings confirmed Supercars up to 10, so I must have missed someone.

Andy Grant - Ford Focus
Mike Sellar - Citroen DS3
Old 11 Mar 2020, 09:31 (Ref:3962989)   #50
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Mike Sellar confirms his return to rallycross in an ex-Hansen DS3.

Press release says that brings confirmed Supercars up to 10, so I must have missed someone.

Andy Grant - Ford Focus
Mike Sellar - Citroen DS3
Great news having Mike Sellar back - good to see another driver returning to the fold.

One missing from your list is the Albatec 208.