Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What do you rate the race?
10 0 0%
9 1 1.96%
8 9 17.65%
7 24 47.06%
6 10 19.61%
5 3 5.88%
4 0 0%
3 2 3.92%
2 1 1.96%
1 1 1.96%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Jun 2014, 16:58 (Ref:3425978)   #26
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
It does look stunning on TV Adam, and rather a nice race track. The climb to turn one reminds me of somewhere ?
Hailwood Hill at Brands.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 07:58 (Ref:3426201)   #27
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
8 from me
Old 25 Jun 2014, 13:45 (Ref:3426302)   #28
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Like I said, being dreadfully tired and walking in to the living room and seeing Rosberg smiling on the tv kind of ruined things for me, perhaps.

But really, it didn't seem a particularly interesting race.

Selby
Sorry, Dan - just to clarify - my comment was directed at "smellysocks" post, not yours - knowing the result certainly knocks the edge off, however good the race.........
Old 25 Jun 2014, 21:52 (Ref:3426467)   #29
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Hailwood Hill at Brands.
Thats it !
Old 25 Jun 2014, 22:18 (Ref:3426473)   #30
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
The stop-start nature almost seemed to hinder overtaking slightly.

I wonder what'd happen if you opened up those 90 degree corners ever so slightly...?

Probably easier DRS passes.

Selby
No. Leave it alone. It is different from other tracks and I suspect the nature of the track itself is what made Williams competitive and worked against RBR. We don't need any more cookie cutter tracks, we need variety.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 00:42 (Ref:3426520)   #31
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
No. Leave it alone. It is different from other tracks and I suspect the nature of the track itself is what made Williams competitive and worked against RBR. We don't need any more cookie cutter tracks, we need variety.
Plus 1.

Perhaps some of the other track could learn that tightening up some of the corners is a better solution than installing those horrid damn chicanes, which certainly nix any overtaking opportunities!

Last edited by wnut; 26 Jun 2014 at 00:51.
Old 26 Jun 2014, 00:47 (Ref:3426523)   #32
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Thats it !
Old 28 Jun 2014, 04:21 (Ref:3427366)   #33
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Sorry, Dan - just to clarify - my comment was directed at "smellysocks" post, not yours - knowing the result certainly knocks the edge off, however good the race.........
No problems! I'm not usually a 'rate low cos I hate F1' guy, either. It just didn't really do it for me, despite my joy of coming back to this track.

Selby
Old 28 Jun 2014, 04:22 (Ref:3427367)   #34
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I agree.

I was more thinking with an 'I should build this version myself on my track building software', but then realised the licencing is a pig on it and would take me an age to sort out!

Selby
Old 28 Jun 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3427551)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave it a 7...