Karthikeyan 0 0%
Buemi 0 0%
Alguersuari 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 May 2011, 14:14 (Ref:2887463)   #1
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Driver of the Race - Monaco 2011

Pick your top man.

Last edited by Super Hans; 29 May 2011 at 14:22.
Old 29 May 2011, 14:17 (Ref:2887465)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Button. His race ruined by the regulations and that early stop.
Old 29 May 2011, 14:20 (Ref:2887468)   #3
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I struggled to pick a winner, so gave it to Vettel 'cause he won despite pressure.

Rate the Race will be along shortly - having some technical gremlins.
Old 29 May 2011, 14:23 (Ref:2887471)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Have to agree with that.
Old 29 May 2011, 14:27 (Ref:2887474)   #5
johnny99
Rookie

Ireland
Killucan, Ireland
johnny99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very tough for Maldanado, great drive

John
Old 29 May 2011, 14:29 (Ref:2887476)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber got fastest lap. Again.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 May 2011, 14:30 (Ref:2887478)   #7
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant drives from Kobayashi and Maldonado.
Old 29 May 2011, 14:33 (Ref:2887479)   #8
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button. If Vettel had managed to win on that set of tyres without the red flag/SC at the end, I would have given it to him. But after Petrov's crash he got a free pass to the chequered flag, so we'll never know if he could have won through incredible driving talent, and must attribute this one to luck.

On a side note, I am gutted about that crash. It was shaping up for a massively interesting finale.
Old 29 May 2011, 14:44 (Ref:2887494)   #9
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
Button. If Vettel had managed to win on that set of tyres without the red flag/SC at the end, I would have given it to him. But after Petrov's crash he got a free pass to the chequered flag, so we'll never know if he could have won through incredible driving talent, and must attribute this one to luck.

On a side note, I am gutted about that crash. It was shaping up for a massively interesting finale.
Great loss to the fans. Could have gone either way...

Glad they restarted the race though, having said that, unfortunate they were able to change tyres on the grid..

Went for Maldonardo. Great drive, pretty much sums up how motorsport is sometimes, an absolute ******* sport
Old 29 May 2011, 14:49 (Ref:2887501)   #10
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Vettel - I doubt many could have made those tyres last that many laps under that pressure. With the SC he got to give them a bit of a break so I doubt with the difficulty of passing and the marbles at that point, Jenson or Alonso could have got past.
Old 29 May 2011, 14:50 (Ref:2887502)   #11
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kobayashi for me. Great drive
Old 29 May 2011, 14:54 (Ref:2887509)   #12
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel for sure but what a great overtake by Webber on Kobayashi for 4th ,Alonso had another lightning start and Button had a solid race. Don't know what Hamilton was on but that was a crazy drive.
Old 29 May 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2887531)   #13
genevieve_autumn
Rookie

United Kingdom
London somedays, Dartford other days
genevieve_autumn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thought Webber overtaking at the end impressive. Kobayashi is getting stronger I have big hopes for him and Button is back on form, almost. But I voted for Barrichello just for overtaking Schumy, that was great for old times! XD
Old 29 May 2011, 15:16 (Ref:2887539)   #14
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Button, no doubt.
Old 29 May 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2887546)   #15
Hendrik
Racer

MagnetON
Germany
Hendrik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver of the race: Vettel. He had Alonso pretty much under control just when the accident happened. After the first SC I thought RBR screwed him, but he drove pretty good and managed his tyres well.

Impressive drives by Alonso and Button as well. Special mentions to Maldonado, very good work!

Driver of the race in the Lewis Hamilton parallel universe: Hamilton. By a mile.
Old 29 May 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2887581)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Button, I reckon - although gutted that we were denied the fight to the finish....Although Vettel undeniably drove well, can't help but feel that the (surprising, to me) opportunity to change tyres under a red flag stop helped him to luck into the win. Alonso was clearly struggling on his tyres, and they were about 20 laps fresher than Vettel's.

Interesting that Horner admitted that they sent Vettel out on the wrong tyres....
Old 29 May 2011, 16:08 (Ref:2887582)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel for me - I don't usually gho out of my way to vote for him, but I think he deserved this one. Such a shame that we were robbed of what could have been a seriously entertaining end to the race. Hamilton really needs to stop putting ilicit substances in his drinks bottle........
Old 29 May 2011, 16:18 (Ref:2887587)   #18
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jens without a doubt, changing tyres, repairing damage on the circuit? re-starting a race after a red flag? some one some where wants to get their head straightened out, rules along those lines total rubbish
Old 29 May 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2887651)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Jenson Button who I believe may have won the race had it not been for that stupid rule..
Old 29 May 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2887658)   #20
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel - kept cool.
Old 29 May 2011, 18:29 (Ref:2887660)   #21
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Jenson Button who I believe may have won the race had it not been for that stupid rule..
Or perhaps McLaren should have gone for the Prime tyre before the SC ?

Alonso for me!

As for allowing mechanical work on the track during a Red Flag, especially allowing tyre changing! That's all wrong!
Old 29 May 2011, 18:30 (Ref:2887662)   #22
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

Yeah, I'm having a hard time 'dealing with that'.
Old 29 May 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2887668)   #23
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Button. Alonso was good too!

Vettel was very fortunate to have the 'wrong' tyres fitted at his pit stop. But that's how it goes these days!

Special mentions for Maldanado, Kobayashi and Sutil.

But meanwhile, the Vettel steam roller, rolls on.
Old 29 May 2011, 18:43 (Ref:2887672)   #24
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im surprised that noone has voted for Hamilton yet.

For me it was a cointoss between Vettel and Kobayashi. It landed on heads (Vettel) which is a shame, cause I really like Kobayashi.

EDIT: Looks like I voted for Kobayashi tho. Oh well
Old 29 May 2011, 18:53 (Ref:2887676)   #25
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
first time i have ever given it to button but he was unlucky not to win today