2 1 1.03%
1 3 3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 May 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2888554)   #51
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the red flag didnt ruin the race, I fully understand the reason for it, the tyre changes did.
Old 31 May 2011, 13:38 (Ref:2888760)   #52
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7/10
Old 31 May 2011, 19:04 (Ref:2888941)   #53
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
For once I'm not going to vote because, for me, the race really was ruined when the red flag appeared and they were allowed to change tyres.
Old 31 May 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2889075)   #54
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
For once I'm not going to vote because, for me, the race really was ruined when the red flag appeared and they were allowed to change tyres.
Exakkerly.

Whoever wrote that reg. was clearly well lubricated at the time and doesn't get his work checked by himself or anyone else! (Ditto if it was a committee!)
Old 1 Jun 2011, 01:48 (Ref:2889130)   #55
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post

Ohhh go on try...
Old 1 Jun 2011, 10:42 (Ref:2889301)   #56
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't find the race interesting. It became fairly obvious that it would be extremely difficult to pass, and many of those that tried had some sort of contact.

I think the blown diffuser was not good for the competitiveness at this circuit.

Good pass by Michael at the hairpin, and one by Webber at the end of the tunnel.

Gave it a 3. Maybe a bit harsh - I'd change it to 4, now.

Great job by the marshals.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 12:16 (Ref:2889347)   #57
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Ohhh go on try...
Oh alright then, you've twisted my arm!

We actually 'lost' 9 racing laps, 3 behind the Safety Car and the 6 after the red flag. I'm treating the first Safety Car intervention as fairly standard.

With an uninterrupted run to the finish I think the race would been epic, because *something* would have happened, Alonso has said he would had a go at Vettel for a start. If it been as dramatic as that I'd have given it 9, but it wasn't, so 4.

Thanks to Splatz for reminding me of two very good overtaking manoeuvres. It can be done!
Old 1 Jun 2011, 14:43 (Ref:2889423)   #58
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9 for me, would have been 10 but the stoppage did spoil what could have been a exciting race to the finish.
Old 1 Jun 2011, 15:06 (Ref:2889431)   #59
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 for me, for the tyre changes before the restart. It would have been 8 or 9 otherwise.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 02:18 (Ref:2889737)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's Monaco...
It came down to the wire with three contenders who are also world champs...
There were some great battles, even though they were mostly nose to tail, but that's street racing.
Some great, eye raising passes and some not so great, boneheaded attempts at passing...that's street racing.

As MANY others have stated, would have been a 9 or even 10 had the end played out better. I too did NOT like seeing the changes to the cars during the red flag, but unlike some, I am glad they at least ran the last handful of laps instead of just calling it.

Awesome event, great race but in the end, anti-climatic.

Old 3 Jun 2011, 00:49 (Ref:2890293)   #61
ujoint
Racer

United States
usa, virginia
ujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridujoint should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9. When was the last time you've seen an f1 race end like that.? Especially in Monaco.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2890297)   #62
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujoint View Post
9. When was the last time you've seen an f1 race end like that.? Especially in Monaco.
I understand what your saying but I found it a big let down, after all the excitement leading up to the red flag.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 02:06 (Ref:2890318)   #63
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I understand what your saying but I found it a big let down, after all the excitement leading up to the red flag.
Oh well BJ, you can console yourself with the knowledge that for the previous 10 Monaco GPs (seasons) you would have been fast asleep / disappointed long before 7 laps from the end - more like 7 laps into the GP when the parade started!

The racing is really vastly improved this year, I think we saw more racing action in Monaco this year than we have seen in whole seasons over the past 10 years, and still we have complaints!
It could be way better (no red flag tyre changes for a small start), but it is much better than it was!
Old 3 Jun 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2890321)   #64
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Oh well BJ, you can console yourself with the knowledge that for the previous 10 Monaco GPs (seasons) you would have been fast asleep / disappointed long before 7 laps from the end - more like 7 laps into the GP when the parade started!

The racing is really vastly improved this year, I think we saw more racing action in Monaco this year than we have seen in whole seasons over the past 10 years, and still we have complaints!
It could be way better (no red flag tyre changes for a small start), but it is much better than it was!
wnut, I watched them all.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2892046)   #65
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
wnut, I watched them all.
Certainly we did, and complaining it's part of this forum.
Old 7 Jun 2011, 11:42 (Ref:2892738)   #66
3point0v8
Rookie

3point0v8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Totally agree... it's a strange rule / lack of rule that allows them to do that. Maybe it's a remnant of days when tyre wear wasn't so drastic. (i.e. every year up until now!)
Old 7 Jun 2011, 15:40 (Ref:2892913)   #67
fiona
Racer

Scotland
west lothian
fiona should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the restart did spoil it slightly but a great race overall