Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Apr 2014, 17:39 (Ref:3388359)   #76
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Haas has Bernie's blessing.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ec...n-2015-448458/
Question is - is it too late to start now for 2015?
I am curious which power plant he will use? Might it make sense for him to buy Cosworth given his other business ventures?
Mercedes will have one less team to service next year so I know who's door I would be knocking on.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 17:41 (Ref:3388360)   #77
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Haas has Bernie's blessing.
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ec...n-2015-448458/
Question is - is it too late to start now for 2015?
I am curious which power plant he will use? Might it make sense for him to buy Cosworth given his other business ventures?
I don't think Forsythe and Kalkhoven are in a hurry to sell Cosworth, considering it's rumoured Cosworth could return to IndyCar in 2015.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 22:21 (Ref:3388470)   #78
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Mercedes will have one less team to service next year so I know who's door I would be knocking on.
Good point!

Only option I reckon!
Old 3 Apr 2014, 22:27 (Ref:3388471)   #79
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mercedes is a good option, no doubt. Will Honda want a customer team to offset a small portion of the costs/speed up development?
Old 3 Apr 2014, 22:30 (Ref:3388473)   #80
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Mercedes is a good option, no doubt. Will Honda want a customer team to offset a small portion of the costs/speed up development?
If I remember correctly McLaren only have an exclusive deal for the first year and others could follow the year after.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 05:45 (Ref:3388532)   #81
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If the noise around Renault withdrawing from the car production deal with Caterham is on the money, perhaps Mr Fernandez is actually a willing seller of the race team... and that Mr Haas could slide into an existing operation & make it his own....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Apr 2014, 07:08 (Ref:3388552)   #82
2GRX7
Rookie

United States
W. Orlando
2GRX7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Haas say he wanted Ferrari power units for 15'?
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3389275)   #83
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
It seems that the Haas entry for F1 has been accepted along with another belived to involve Colin Kolles.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113313

I hope that they are able to get the job done as it is one very tough sport to get into and requires very deep pockets.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3389276)   #84
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope they both get confirmed quickly and are able to get there cars sorted for next year.

I hope there are actually 13 teams next year, I wouldn't like to see any of the current teams vanish.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 13:30 (Ref:3389296)   #85
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think we will see 13 teams in 2015.

Although I think Haas will be ready for 2015 and not for 2016, I think Marussia and Caterham will withdraw and Lotus will be sold.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 21:17 (Ref:3389465)   #86
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about one of the new teams joining McLaren with Honda engines? Honda might fancy another team to supply?

Just a though otherwise Mercedes or Ferrari I guess
Old 6 Apr 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3389528)   #87
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I think Honda will choose their teams wisely.
The same thing happened when they were in F1 before.
They started with Ralt's F2 team and then went to F1 with Spirit during a development phase.
If they wanted a second team they couldn't do much worse than Force India or Sauber, who have a good engineering base. I think that is more likely than a new team.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 23:34 (Ref:3389531)   #88
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
I think Honda will choose their teams wisely.
The same thing happened when they were in F1 before.
They started with Ralt's F2 team and then went to F1 with Spirit during a development phase.
If they wanted a second team they couldn't do much worse than Force India or Sauber, who have a good engineering base. I think that is more likely than a new team.
Last time they came into F1 with..........BAR!
Old 7 Apr 2014, 00:04 (Ref:3389554)   #89
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Last time they came into F1 with..........BAR!
oh Yeah. The bar was quite low....

Yes I know they were already supplying engines but the whole thing was a mess in more ways than one.

I'd forgot BAR, I was thinking about entering as an engine supplier rather than as a team owner. I don't they would choose that path (team ownership) again...
Old 8 Apr 2014, 05:41 (Ref:3390034)   #90
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aki13 View Post
What about one of the new teams joining McLaren with Honda engines? Honda might fancy another team to supply?

Just a though otherwise Mercedes or Ferrari I guess
I read somewhere that Haas will use the Cosworth turbo engine that was develloped wich will (like the old days) be rebadged Ford.

Last edited by steve nielsen; 8 Apr 2014 at 05:47.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 05:58 (Ref:3390036)   #91
marc sproule
Racer

marc sproule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
too bad ganassi has larson under contract...forever if he's smart....'cuz it would be nice to see larson in f1, driving for an american team in a couple of years.

Old 8 Apr 2014, 16:49 (Ref:3390276)   #92
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc sproule View Post
too bad ganassi has larson under contract...forever if he's smart....'cuz it would be nice to see larson in f1, driving for an american team in a couple of years.

A nascar driver attempting formula 1 full on? And an extremely green nascar cup driver at that? I don't see that ever happening, stick to the circles please. He was bad enough in the Rolex 24 and I am not sure why Ganassi would dip his heels in that program considering it is being organized by Gene Haas.

Sadly, Alex Rossi is off the table since he is currently serving as reserve driver for the Caterham F1 team (Perhaps a full on F1 drive in 2015?) and is racing full time for the Caterham GP2 team as well.

If anything, I would expect to see Conor Daly as the most logical name to come up on the list of potential American drivers for the team. As far as I know, he no longer has any ties with the Lotus Development program in GP3 and is, at the moment, driving for an independent GP2 team with no factory F1 alignment.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 17:05 (Ref:3390279)   #93
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This year's IndyCar series has a very long off season, September to March next year. I'm sure a number of drivers will see this as an opportunity to approach Gene Haas.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3390296)   #94
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Why don't the FIA contact GH to let the man know that it's official ?

Everything seems to take so much time ..
Old 8 Apr 2014, 18:24 (Ref:3390298)   #95
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
It does. It does my head in, mate.

Almost makes you wonder if they want more teams, doesn't it......?

Selby
Old 8 Apr 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3390319)   #96
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
It does. It does my head in, mate.

Almost makes you wonder if they want more teams, doesn't it......?

Selby
You would think that Bernie and the FIA would be jumping at the chance of having an American team owner .. Just don't get it at all ??
Old 9 Apr 2014, 00:09 (Ref:3390375)   #97
marc sproule
Racer

marc sproule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kyle larson

just because he's in nascar doesn't mean he's not talented enough. his background is open-wheelers.

read the rick mears book and you'll see that where a driver starts doesn't really mean a whole lot.

my personal experience exposed me to a lot of young talent. i'm not the only one who feels the same way about larson's talent. a lot those who share my opinion are old boys just like me.

here's some of the young talent i saw up close and personal....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/466819...7623186773769/

all my sets.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46681980@N03/sets/
Old 9 Apr 2014, 07:11 (Ref:3390420)   #98
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc sproule View Post
just because he's in nascar doesn't mean he's not talented enough.
That's for sure, he's a very exciting prospect!

Anyone see Fontana?!

Very impressive!
Old 9 Apr 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3390551)   #99
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
You would think that Bernie and the FIA would be jumping at the chance of having an American team owner .. Just don't get it at all ??
Well, Ferrari want 3 drivers per team, and probably wouldn't mind a load of the also-rans dropping out. Ferrari also have a tight partnership with F1, and F1 is Bernie, so...

Selby
Old 9 Apr 2014, 16:10 (Ref:3390571)   #100
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Well Ferrari is not doing so well with two drivers are they ..
I for one would not care to see three driver teams ..