Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your team of the race?
Mercedes 13 32.50%
Red Bull Racing-Renault 1 2.50%
Ferrari 0 0%
Force India-Mercedes 0 0%
Willliams-Mercedes 26 65.00%
McLaren-Mercedes 0 0%
STR-Renault 0 0%
Lotus-Renault 0 0%
Sauber-Ferrari 0 0%
Marussia-Ferrari 0 0%
Caterham-Renault 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Jun 2014, 16:23 (Ref:3424993)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the race: Austrian Grand Prix 2014

Who is your team of the race?
Old 22 Jun 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3424997)   #2
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Williams
Old 22 Jun 2014, 16:43 (Ref:3425004)   #3
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mercedes for pitting Lewis ahead of Nico to get him ahead of Bottas .
Old 22 Jun 2014, 17:28 (Ref:3425017)   #4
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was close but I gave the vote to Mercedes. Williams would have had my vote if their pit stop strategy had been better. They should have brought their drivers in earlier for the first tire change.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 17:48 (Ref:3425023)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mercedes.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 18:19 (Ref:3425035)   #6
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Mercedes or Williams.
In reality and pure performance you would have to say Mercedes capitalised on strategy, did it perfectly backed by great performance from Hamilton.
Williams didn't do as much but for sentimental reasons and finally realising their potential as the best of the rest, and getting both cars home in third and fourth, I'll give it to them.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3425039)   #7
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Williams for finally showing what they should have showed from Australia onwards.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 21:20 (Ref:3425081)   #8
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Willy. I can't entirely justify the choice, but I've been waiting all season to pick them.
Old 22 Jun 2014, 22:48 (Ref:3425114)   #9
smellysocks
Racer

Canada
smellysocks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams - easy choice.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 00:32 (Ref:3425134)   #10
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Mercedes, Williams never really tried to win!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 03:47 (Ref:3425177)   #11
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Red Bull - spectacular implosion at their "home" track.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 04:15 (Ref:3425188)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes. Williams has a few strategy issues.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 04:49 (Ref:3425195)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Williams for me for finally realising some of their potential. It was about time this season and that was a solid 3-4.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 06:07 (Ref:3425211)   #14
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toss up between RBR and STR, for the fail in front of the important people award, Williams for Team
Old 23 Jun 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3425282)   #15
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Easy choice this weekend; Williams.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 09:14 (Ref:3425283)   #16
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Williams for me too. Wonderful to see them in the mix now compared to the depths of despair of a year or two ago. Well done!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3425305)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Williams

Maldonados move to Lotus is looking really bright isn't it?
Old 23 Jun 2014, 12:51 (Ref:3425387)   #18
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Red Bull - spectacular implosion at their "home" track.
Yeah - it was their "Number 2 Driver" letting them down again!

I suppose you have to congratulate Williams for their superb qualifying and also podium finish. They do have a decent engine in that car after all. I think that realistically - a win was out of the question - but I suppose finishing 3rd and 4th was the best that they could have hoped for - a shame they didn't pit sooner - but I don't think that could have beaten the Williams.

Kudos to Mercedes as well. Coming back from the technical glitches at Canada, and also from not getting the front row in qualifying for Austria, they did manage a 1-2 finish. Plus, letting their drivers race again.

I'm going to give it to Williams - as they showed a little bit of that old magic that they used have. I just hope they can go back to their winning ways.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 15:54 (Ref:3425465)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
gave it to Merc.

personally i dont think a win was out of the question as overtaking was not a straightforward affair here.

slow pit stops and the failure to either split their strategy or to at least cover on of the merc driver's stops meant they certainly lost out on second and possibly a first (to me and without the benefit of telemetry).

all hindsight but they played it a bit to safe imo.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 16:33 (Ref:3425480)   #20
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you have to give it to Merc. Williams flat out gave away that race. Should have been two podiums at a minimum.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 20:23 (Ref:3425585)   #21
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes was slightly better than Williams IMO. While Williams was able to win 1-2 in qualifying, thanks to Hamilton's mistake, in the race Williams was beaten. The pace of the Mercedes and Williams cars in the race was quite similar, and if I recall correctly, the change of positions was entirely due to well timed pit stops that allowed Mercedes to leapfrog in front of the Williams. Having said that, being able to keep the pace with Mercedes and comfortably hanging onto their 3-4 finish place, is a kind of a "1-2" finish for Williams. Well done.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3425638)   #22
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
gave it to Merc.

personally i dont think a win was out of the question as overtaking was not a straightforward affair here.

slow pit stops and the failure to either split their strategy or to at least cover on of the merc driver's stops meant they certainly lost out on second and possibly a first (to me and without the benefit of telemetry).

all hindsight but they played it a bit to safe imo.
Smedley said Mercedes was better organised and had better strategy or used it better than them. Wolff said they had less to lose than Williams and guessed that Williams would be 'conservative' in their strategy.

What happened was a consequence of what the teams believed. People have given Williams the team of the race award on nostalgia and emotional support, not sheer performance. Nothing wrong with that... I did it.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 00:20 (Ref:3425659)   #23
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
People have given Williams the team of the race award on nostalgia and emotional support, not sheer performance. Nothing wrong with that... I did it.
Yep nothing wrong with that.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 00:37 (Ref:3425667)   #24
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Williams did a glorious return to the top. Got my vote.
Old 24 Jun 2014, 08:41 (Ref:3425777)   #25
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I think you have to give it to Merc. Williams flat out gave away that race. Should have been two podiums at a minimum.
Really? The Merc is still clearly the faster car over a race distance. Not by much, but enough.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.