Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12 Mar 2020, 10:00 (Ref:3963330)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
FWD touring cars and understeer

Hello,

Just a general question really. How do FWD cars limit or reduce power understeer? I am speaking both with current TCR / NGTC regulations and things like S2000 or SuperTouring?

I know with SuperTouring that they had some pretty elaborate diffs, Rob Huff said that when driving the 1998 Nissan he said that being on the power actually helped steer/pull the car through the corners. Can anyone offer an opinion or elaborate on that?

From my own research, I have read that front drive tourers (supertourers) have approximately a 67% front aero bias which undoubtedly helps, this came from an article on the 1998 Alfa 156. I know also that *some* cars had stiffer rear springs and had virtually zero rear squat (anti squat).

Thanks.

Last edited by Sodemo; 12 Mar 2020 at 10:09.