Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Which will be the first 2020 GP?
Australia 0 0%
Bahrain 0 0%
Vietnam 0 0%
China 0 0%
Netherlands 0 0%
Spain 0 0%
Monaco 0 0%
Azerbaijan 0 0%
Canada 2 5.13%
France 2 5.13%
Austria 1 2.56%
Britain 3 7.69%
Hungary 0 0%
Belgium 3 7.69%
Italy 0 0%
Singapore 2 5.13%
Russia 0 0%
Japan 2 5.13%
United States 1 2.56%
Mexico 0 0%
Brazil 0 0%
Abu Dhabi 2 5.13%
Somewhere else 0 0%
There will not be a 2020 GP 21 53.85%
There will never be another GP 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Mar 2020, 19:36 (Ref:3962017)   #251
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Threads on possible or definite cancellations have been merged. The thread name has also been changed slightly
Thanks. I did say it might be a daft question. It's been a long week
Old 6 Mar 2020, 19:51 (Ref:3962022)   #252
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
AFAIK the only other time the F1 calendar has been affected by an outside influence worldwide was in 56-57 with the Suez crisis. A few GPs had to be cancelled both years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
According to Wikipedia: "The Suez crisis was a contributing factor in Formula One in 1956. The Dutch and Spanish Grands Prix were affected by this crisis, and the oil prices were too high for the teams and drivers, so the two races that were originally supposed to be held at Zandvoort and Pedralbes were cancelled.[2] The Indianapolis 500 was USAC-sanctioned so not run to Formula One specifications, and also counted towards the 1956 USAC Championship title'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1956_Formula_One_season
i didnt know that part of F1 history. thanks for the link.

with the S.African promo event coming up...would the canceling of the S.African GP back in 85(?) count. had they not canceled, there would have been problems/protests/bans across the rest of the calendar?

and what about WW2? wasnt F1 back then but the war brought an end to GP racing for several years.
Old 6 Mar 2020, 20:34 (Ref:3962031)   #253
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Those that travel from Italy will have a medical check when they enter the country, nothing more.
Ridiculous when you consider the incubation period is 2 to 14 days!
Old 6 Mar 2020, 22:39 (Ref:3962039)   #254
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
A bit more history of cancelled races here: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...ed-grands-prix
Old 6 Mar 2020, 23:01 (Ref:3962041)   #255
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Ridiculous when you consider the incubation period is 2 to 14 days!

It's a bit more comprehensive than mentioned.

At check in for flight, before boarding, questionnaire will request listing of movements over previous 2 weeks and visits to certain areas will prevent boarding.

In flight crew will observe coughs, colds etc for special check on arrival.

On arrival in Oz there will be a more comprehensive questionnaire than normal regarding symptoms etc.

I'm sure most Australian hope that honesty of reporting means that this is effective as we have stretched to limits to try and make sure the event goes ahead.
On the other side of that attitude we are trying to break the world record for spectator attendance at a solely female sporting event at the Womens World Championship Cricket T20 final between Australia and India at The MCG this Sunday Night. 100,000 plus in the one stadium doesn't sound like a quarantine event
Old 7 Mar 2020, 00:14 (Ref:3962048)   #256
Compromised
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
I'm sure most Australian hope that honesty of reporting means that this is effective as we have stretched to limits to try and make sure the event goes ahead.
LMAO at "honesty of reporting", that's a good one and travellers already circumventing stricter bans prove how useless it will prove to be.

I have to ask why we are trying so hard to make sure a car race goes ahead? Will Australia be spanked or something if it doesn't go ahead?
Old 7 Mar 2020, 00:30 (Ref:3962049)   #257
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
It's a bit more comprehensive than mentioned.

At check in for flight, before boarding, questionnaire will request listing of movements over previous 2 weeks and visits to certain areas will prevent boarding.

In flight crew will observe coughs, colds etc for special check on arrival.

On arrival in Oz there will be a more comprehensive questionnaire than normal regarding symptoms etc.

On the other side of that attitude we are trying to break the world record for spectator attendance at a solely female sporting event at the Womens World Championship Cricket T20 final between Australia and India at The MCG this Sunday Night. 100,000 plus in the one stadium doesn't sound like a quarantine event
Yeah and Qantas has been called out for not properly disinfecting their aeroplanes, and the virus can apparently live on a surface for 9 days, and an infected person can get the virus again. Also children may show no signs of infection at all. Good luck to the Australian government with their controls!

The T20 cricket tickets entitled the holder to attend a Katy Perry concert following the event, the tickets were very cheap for one of her concerts, so most of the attendees of this event are there for the concert and not the cricket.

Boy are you right it is not a quarantine event however, everyone is going to get this.
Old 7 Mar 2020, 10:13 (Ref:3962096)   #258
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well F1 has now set up it's own crisis cell so they can discuss what to do while they monitor coronavirus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/51777656
Old 7 Mar 2020, 10:21 (Ref:3962098)   #259
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Austin Moto GP opener now under threat.

FOM seems to be focused on F1 personnel as if somehow yes bringing less people is somehow reducing the risk, whereas it is the public gatherings that is the risk to the country they are visiting. They may get away with running the first 3 races, but by the time they hit Europe possibly mass public gatherings will be banned then they face races behind closed doors and the huge financial implications of compensating circuits.

As I said before it exposes the FOM model of owning the championship but having the actual events funded by the circuits. If the calendar is disrupted I can see FOM moving to a rights holder and promoter or joint promoter model.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Mar 2020, 11:00 (Ref:3962101)   #260
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Air pollution over china:
Can I ask where you got the images from?
Old 7 Mar 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3962102)   #261
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Can I ask where you got the images from?
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/im...ets-over-china
Old 7 Mar 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3962103)   #262
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you
Old 7 Mar 2020, 23:09 (Ref:3962214)   #263
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
LMAO at "honesty of reporting", that's a good one and travellers already circumventing stricter bans prove how useless it will prove to be.

I have to ask why we are trying so hard to make sure a car race goes ahead? Will Australia be spanked or something if it doesn't go ahead?
The Victorian Government loses $80 million sa year when the GP is held, can you imagine what they are going to lose if the event does not go ahead for no economic benefit, doubtful and rubbery as the figures are?
Old 8 Mar 2020, 00:19 (Ref:3962223)   #264
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Austin has now decided to stop all events over 2500 attendees. The GP isn't for months but they have zero infections in the area and aren't cancelling ANY University of Texas events. So logic and sense should be left at the door with these decisions.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 00:39 (Ref:3962231)   #265
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well Austin has now decided to stop all events over 2500 attendees. The GP isn't for months but they have zero infections in the area and aren't cancelling ANY University of Texas events. So logic and sense should be left at the door with these decisions.
Who wants to take on the liability?

Richard
Old 8 Mar 2020, 01:26 (Ref:3962234)   #266
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The Victorian Government loses $80 million sa year when the GP is held, can you imagine what they are going to lose if the event does not go ahead for no economic benefit, doubtful and rubbery as the figures are?
Or what they if one of the team members within the F1 group falls ill and is diagnosed while he/she is here? I wonder if all these sorts of possibilities have been allowed for. Italy has followed China's approach overnight and started to restrict movement of the population, I think I will get a tent and go bush for a few months and paddle a canoe down the Murray River. If I survive the trip it should be all over by the time I get back.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 03:19 (Ref:3962245)   #267
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Or what they if one of the team members within the F1 group falls ill and is diagnosed while he/she is here? I wonder if all these sorts of possibilities have been allowed for. Italy has followed China's approach overnight and started to restrict movement of the population, I think I will get a tent and go bush for a few months and paddle a canoe down the Murray River. If I survive the trip it should be all over by the time I get back.

Love it Casper. A bit Huck Finn.

I must admit I do feel a bit more comfortable living in regional NSW then in Sydney or Melbourne.

I cannot help but feel a sense of Mad Max as I get ready to drive down the Hume Highway to attend the Melbourne GP.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 04:43 (Ref:3962256)   #268
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Italy starts locking up Italy....https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe...hern-provinces
Hope Ferrari have left.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 04:52 (Ref:3962257)   #269
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Italy starts locking up Italy....https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe...hern-provinces
Hope Ferrari have left.

Armco, True I said they should have left a week ago. I truly hope they have.

Another question is; Where do they go after the Melbourne GP!!!

If they go back to Italy they wont get back out again.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3962278)   #270
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Bahrain to race without spectators....https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f1...-prix-21653549

So you wont notice any difference.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 09:31 (Ref:3962283)   #271
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
$80 million ?! Really?! How can they justify such numbers?!!! That would run a state of the art World beating Hospital in Melbourne for a year !!!!
Old 8 Mar 2020, 09:49 (Ref:3962286)   #272
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Austin Moto GP opener now under threat.

FOM seems to be focused on F1 personnel as if somehow yes bringing less people is somehow reducing the risk, whereas it is the public gatherings that is the risk to the country they are visiting. They may get away with running the first 3 races, but by the time they hit Europe possibly mass public gatherings will be banned then they face races behind closed doors and the huge financial implications of compensating circuits.

As I said before it exposes the FOM model of owning the championship but having the actual events funded by the circuits. If the calendar is disrupted I can see FOM moving to a rights holder and promoter or joint promoter model.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
my view on that is that f1 are focussing on whether the actual event, the race can go ahead without undue risk to participants from international travel, staying locally to the venue, working within travel restrictions etc.

whether the race can go ahead in terms of spectators, catering, entertainment and marshalling (of people, cars and on track) is something that is a local concern and as such the event managers are best suited and most informed to make that kind of decision.

melbourne is complicated by the fact that it's a street circuit, so it's an expensive event to hold in the first place. if it was just a circuit the decision would be a lot easier, imo.

i'd like to think that f1 will offer support to events that continue to go ahead but behind closed doors and thus lose much of their income as a result. probably won't, but it would be the right thing to do in the mid to long term.
Old 8 Mar 2020, 09:54 (Ref:3962289)   #273
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Bahrain to run behind closed doors. As Armco Bender said, hardly will make a difference lol

Italy doing a lockdown in part of the country, although they will make exceptions to people with important work. It's not clear yet though if that stretches to F1 or MotoGP
Old 8 Mar 2020, 09:54 (Ref:3962290)   #274
Compromised
Veteran

So a quarter of Italy is in lockdown but they're more than welcome to travel to Australia? This is nuts
Old 8 Mar 2020, 10:10 (Ref:3962294)   #275
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Bahrain to run behind closed doors. As Armco Bender said, hardly will make a difference lol

Italy doing a lockdown in part of the country, although they will make exceptions to people with important work. It's not clear yet though if that stretches to F1 or MotoGP
I bet Ferrari get an exception...

Sent from my AGS2-L09 using Tapatalk