Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Jan 2001, 02:02 (Ref:57765)   #1
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Australian James Courtney is suposed to spearhead Jaguar's F3 team this year in preparation to be Eddie's replacement in 2002. The 20 year old Sydney-born racer won last years British Formula Ford and is being groomed for a future F1 seat by Jaguar. I know some of the posters here are already cheering for Eddie's departure. Wouldn't it be funny if Eddie won a couple of races this year!! The only problem is that I don't think Jaguar is capable of winning a single race this year, let alone finishing most of its races. For Eddie to succeed, Jaguar will have to perform a fantastic turnaround.
Old 10 Jan 2001, 11:13 (Ref:57818)   #2
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Valve Bounce - I thought you'd be watching the cricket!

James is the great white hope for us below the line who don't speak with a South African accent. OK Scott Dixon has not passed my attention.

Seriously, this guy could just be the goods.
Old 10 Jan 2001, 13:17 (Ref:57837)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
he certainly looks the goods thats for sure...2 world karting titles ..one in juniors and one in seniors(while still a junior) and the brit F Ford title..and now a plum F3 seat...i hope james uses this time at Jaguar to his advantage and not let it go to his head..and I hope he does get an F1 ride ..it would be great to see him and Mark Webber lining up together for a GP.
Old 10 Jan 2001, 15:45 (Ref:57849)   #4
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James is not the first and not the last who enters the big-boy-racing with impressive records. But taking into consideration new fashion brought by Frank Williams to employ greenhorns his chances are good.

Eddie with his playboy image goes with the expensive road-car, I think it was the main reason to hold a seat for him. But somebody ought to win after all. If Eddie don't his boss may replace him. Therefore Eddie should prove that his salary is not paid in vain.
Old 10 Jan 2001, 23:12 (Ref:57935)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Young Aussi in with a shout

I am just glad that a young Aussi has a chance in the future to get into F1. With some luck, they might let him test the F1 car later this year. Let's hope so.