Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 21 Dec 2012, 17:55 (Ref:3180857)   #1
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Marcus666:s tracks

Here's my new street circuit design, inspired by the Sochi track (skiresort oriented). 3588 meters long and 66 meters in elevation change. I guess its most suitable for STCC/DTM/Superstars (silhouettes) or F3/FR 2.0.

Åre DTM.jpg
Old 23 Dec 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3181465)   #2
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Here's my new street circuit design, inspired by the Sochi track (skiresort oriented). 3588 meters long and 66 meters in elevation change. I guess its most suitable for STCC/DTM/Superstars (silhouettes) or F3/FR 2.0.

Attachment 39179
I'm sorry, but it's way too tight, too small of a town to host a race in, and the front straight is tiny. But lots of nice passing opportunities!

Find a bigger town (like Malmo or Stockholm if you want to talk about places in Sweden) and try to use the biggest roads possible. This could work for a sort of Vintage Revival race, but nothing modern.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3181467)   #3
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The northern part is way to tight for any form of racing. It would be a great rallystage though. If you cut of the northern part, but redirect the drivers to the E14 just after they passed under it, and then take the first exit to reach your track again, you have a maybe less challenging track, but a bit more realistic. The exit of the highway would be a great overtakingspot.
Old 25 Dec 2012, 20:41 (Ref:3181875)   #4
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
I'm sorry, but it's way too tight, too small of a town to host a race in, and the front straight is tiny. But lots of nice passing opportunities!

Find a bigger town (like Malmo or Stockholm if you want to talk about places in Sweden) and try to use the biggest roads possible. This could work for a sort of Vintage Revival race, but nothing modern.
Your right about the width and that it is too tight, but I think you underestimate the popularity of the town, Åre is Sweden biggest ski resort and it's also very popular in the summer. It for shure aint big if you compare to Vail, St. Anton, Kitzbuhel or Zermatt, but it has hosted many interesting events that have gathered thousands like the Alpine world championship, triathlon etc.

The big elevation change is what I find interesting in this track. The uphill section to the north part is a near reflection to the uphill section at Monaco after St Devote.

It's also better for the roadnetwork to have the European highway open since a blockage of both the old road (where the start/finish line is) and the highway would create a total East/West blockage for people passing the village by car.
Old 7 Jan 2013, 23:14 (Ref:3186217)   #5
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
New version of the Åre street track, now without the hill-loop.

Åre2.jpg
Old 9 Jan 2013, 14:07 (Ref:3186859)   #6
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Not a single reply? I guess it was that bad...
Old 9 Jan 2013, 20:11 (Ref:3187001)   #7
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Since it is wat I proposed it is perfect ;-)
Old 9 Jan 2013, 23:18 (Ref:3187088)   #8
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Not a single reply? I guess it was that bad...
Well, I can't say it's great.

I'm sorry, but the roads in Are are simply too narrow, and even though it is a ski resort town, it seems to hold a very small population far away from major population clusters. Try Stockholm or something.

How Sochi is going to work... first of all, track-design wise, the roads have to be built wide for the Olympics (the cars and people will need a wide space to walk around in). Secondly, it is very close to Turkey and Istanbul, as well as Eastern Europe. I know you mentioned it is a similar situation. I don't agree... it looks like a similar place, but Sochi is undergoing major transitions from a small resort town to a Formula 1 hub. Sorry, but it just isn't gonna cut it, I'm afraid.

Again, try Stockholm!
Old 10 Jan 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3187292)   #9
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
I know it's hard to convince you, but anyway:

Östersund has 40 000 occupants and Trondheim got 150 000 occupants. It's low numbers for a German or a Frenchman, but Åre's status is big enough. Norwegians are the biggest benefitors because they basicly invade Åre to buy cheap liquor or go skiing. Stockholm on the other hand has no real space for an racing track except maybe for a new track some where on a field. IMO, theres no really "prepared" surface for a racing track anywhere near Stockholm. The best would be around the Öresund metropolitan area.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3269100)   #10
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
New temporary track located on Stockholm Bromma Airports (ESSB/BMA) tarmac:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bromma1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	449.8 KB
ID:	40431

Around 3.5 km long, probably suitable for Touring cars and GT cars in first hand like STCC, DTM, WTCC, FIA GT but also smaller formulas like F3 etc.

/Marcus
Old 25 Jun 2013, 00:35 (Ref:3269267)   #11
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Lower part of the circuit around the perimeter track is a great shape.
My only concern is that the pits straight is only 200m long.