Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 7 Jul 2013, 11:19 (Ref:3274820)   #1
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perlo

Hello MyTrackers,

having completely abandoned my ficticious formula car racing series after the 2008 financial crisis, it's been a case of long time, no track with this designer. Since credit for large construction projects such as racetrack design has since become more easily available again, this is the time that the track designers of old test the new waters.

This time, these are the waters of the South Seas. Welcome to Perlo International Circuit which was to become the home of the defunct OtherWorld(ly) Series back in the day. (It is not an old design, though, but rare one from today.)

It's a 5 km long, purpose built natural terrain road course, run in anticlockwise direction. From the main grandstand, built on a natural bleacheropposite of the pit building, you can see almost the whole circuit, as the track begins a continuous climb along a hill slope exiting Turn 1, leading towards the apex of the 180 degree left hander Turn 2 which is banked at 4 degrees. The way down the hill goes more gradually, less pronounced, it is only on the apex of the corner entering the infield where there is a short but rapid drop-off in altitude. That ends at paddock level at about where the entrance to the next corner is located. This one, the carousel corner inside of the infield, again has a moderate banking of 7 degrees and can be easily viewed from the main grandstand. The only place you cannot see from there is the run towards the final corner behind the pit building.
Perlo is a fast circuit in the spirit of Monza, the original Silverstone and Österreichring, but there is an optional chicane available in the kink after Turn 2.

Just for those not familiar with my drawing style: as always in my drawings, track width is exaggerated.

Old 7 Jul 2013, 11:32 (Ref:3274826)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has the definite feeling of those very old classic ones from the 50's: few corners, long winding straights - it would even be more like that if it was about 7-8 km. long

bio