Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Oct 2021, 02:06 (Ref:4077130)   #201
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
The time changes on 11/7, so around 6.

It not a bad ride. South Carolina is under construction though. The whole state you ask? Yes, for the best part of a decade now. And it's decades overdue.
The darkness is not something I had thought about in my preparations for the later race date. I'm going to try to leave as early as I can on the Wednesday. But what does this mean for the race even will we have another hour of dark running or two hours?
Old 6 Oct 2021, 03:11 (Ref:4077132)   #202
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It not a bad ride. South Carolina is under construction though. The whole state you ask? Yes, for the best part of a decade now. And it's decades overdue.
North Carolina too. It's been worked on since the 80s from my recollection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The darkness is not something I had thought about in my preparations for the later race date. I'm going to try to leave as early as I can on the Wednesday. But what does this mean for the race even will we have another hour of dark running or two hours?
I think I mentioned the time change while texting my brother. Night practice will start in full dark instead of dusk, which I REALLY don't like.

I think it will be a full 4 hrs of dark running...
Old 6 Oct 2021, 13:40 (Ref:4077199)   #203
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I do enjoy following this event, I just hope we have great weather. Great track, great challenge, especially at night
Old 7 Oct 2021, 01:30 (Ref:4077266)   #204
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I probably should check the weather before deciding on which car to go in. If the weather is pants then come in the SUV - if only for another option of somewhere to sleep!

It's not just Road Atlanta - leaving Le Mans one year...
Attached Thumbnails
pmgkLextSmSJWOiFHqfqDA.jpg  
Old 7 Oct 2021, 02:06 (Ref:4077268)   #205
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I probably should check the weather before deciding on which car to go in. If the weather is pants then come in the SUV - if only for another option of somewhere to sleep!

It's not just Road Atlanta - leaving Le Mans one year...
Oof.

I'm just thinking about temperatures right now. It could be absolutely gorgeous or downright chilly. Layers and firewood!!
Old 7 Oct 2021, 02:25 (Ref:4077269)   #206
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just bought some thermal jackets.

After a couple of drinks I’ll also have my beer coat on!
Old 7 Oct 2021, 23:32 (Ref:4077413)   #207
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've prepared by becoming the fattest I've ever been.
Old 8 Oct 2021, 13:48 (Ref:4077471)   #208
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Bold strategy there.

I think i actually made my packing list digitally last year, so i need to look that up. I pack warm clothes every year just in case, but this time it seems like it will be necessary.
Old 8 Oct 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4077486)   #209
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ve prepared by trying to buy a camper multiple times but no luck so far for what I want
Old 8 Oct 2021, 15:45 (Ref:4077492)   #210
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
That is proper prep!
Old 8 Oct 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4077493)   #211
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone had thier tickets lost in the mail? If so whats the process on getting them? Still haven't gotten mine yet and want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I run outta time.
Old 8 Oct 2021, 16:07 (Ref:4077496)   #212
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I suspect they just haven’t arrived yet. I’ve not had mine and not panicking. Unless you know they are lost?
Old 8 Oct 2021, 16:16 (Ref:4077497)   #213
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I lied. Arrived today.

Give it a few more days I’m sure yours will get there. Whereabouts are you?
Old 8 Oct 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4077498)   #214
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
I suspect they just haven’t arrived yet. I’ve not had mine and not panicking. Unless you know they are lost?
Not for sure. I'm just an over prepper and known to get antsy when things start growing close. Stems from the time I went to the rolex and a job skimped out on paying me like $2500 they owed me so I had to borrow money from family in order to make the trip.
Old 8 Oct 2021, 16:25 (Ref:4077500)   #215
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
I lied. Arrived today.

Give it a few more days I’m sure yours will get there. Whereabouts are you?
I live in Jacksonville, FL. Only about 6 hours from the track which is the main reason I'm getting paranoid.
Luckily I still have all my conformation emails and such and I'm sure the track will help out if it becomes an issue. Just might have to pick them up at will call
Old 8 Oct 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4077501)   #216
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That is proper prep!
It’s the only 2022 in the country and not likely to be remade sadly.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2022-Forest-River-Rockwood-Hard-Side-Pop-Up-Campers-High-Wall-A223HW-5014964753
Old 8 Oct 2021, 19:26 (Ref:4077516)   #217
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Wow. I know nothing of caravans in this part of the world, but that strikes me as a decent price. ????
Old 8 Oct 2021, 21:17 (Ref:4077527)   #218
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's MSRP minus a bit, they used to be more like cars and about 10-15 off. But we just bought the wife a new car and working on a brick oven. But I might still keep working her, my bank is at 2.5% loan for RVs so
Old 8 Oct 2021, 21:38 (Ref:4077531)   #219
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Very odd shape, but definitely seems plenty of room on the inside
Old 8 Oct 2021, 23:03 (Ref:4077533)   #220
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
It has it's advantages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Bold strategy there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I’ve prepared by trying to buy a camper multiple times but no luck so far for what I want
I might just give you one

And I prepped by listening Snoop, grilling steaks (properly) on the standabout near an Apache Camper.
Old 8 Oct 2021, 23:06 (Ref:4077534)   #221
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
Has anyone had thier tickets lost in the mail? If so whats the process on getting them? Still haven't gotten mine yet and want to make sure I have all my bases covered before I run outta time.
I ordered over the weekend and mine came today. I could've picked them up from the RA offices yesterday as I drove right by the track. Contact the track. They're generally very helpful.
Old 8 Oct 2021, 23:45 (Ref:4077537)   #222
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
Mine just got here today. I got all giddy and excited when I saw my camping pass was #0007
Old 9 Oct 2021, 00:35 (Ref:4077542)   #223
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Mine just got here today. I got all giddy and excited when I saw my camping pass was #0007
You stole mine, think I had that 3 or 4 years in a row for Petit and The Mitty. Now I'm 317 I think

And Bond opened this evening I think, although I gave up after Quantum, he's not as fun as Moore or Brosnan
Old 9 Oct 2021, 01:08 (Ref:4077543)   #224
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I live in Jacksonville, FL. Only about 6 hours from the track which is the main reason I'm getting paranoid.
Luckily I still have all my conformation emails and such and I'm sure the track will help out if it becomes an issue. Just might have to pick them up at will call
Give them a call or send an email. I promise they will take care of you the same day.
Old 9 Oct 2021, 01:27 (Ref:4077546)   #225
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
It’s the only 2022 in the country and not likely to be remade sadly.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...3HW-5014964753
That has a microwave in it????

Also, serious question, can you fit in that?