Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Nov 2012, 20:37 (Ref:3164210)   #476
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Found this today, some lovely cars in there, all kinds of different machines:

http://youtu.be/WbbCvsAPjp8
Old 10 Nov 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3164863)   #477
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Found this today, some lovely cars in there, all kinds of different machines:

http://youtu.be/WbbCvsAPjp8
Fantastic stuff
Old 12 Nov 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3165541)   #478
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Japan is such an awesome place.

http://vimeo.com/50473835#
Old 13 Nov 2012, 23:20 (Ref:3166077)   #479
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just thought it might be worth flagging up a bit of a request around the Youtube SHAKEDOWN show on Drive.

It's a twice-weekly motor racing news show which features a lot of sportscar stuff and regular trips to the ALMS paddock. It seems like there is potential for it to be ousted from the Drive programming.

I really enjoy watching it. There's certainly lots of great potential, especially around the upcoming Grand Am/ALMS merger. Check out the archive of shows here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...E&feature=plcp
Old 15 Nov 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3166561)   #480
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love watching the Eurosport footage of the 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans from around 10-11 hours left.

They had a lot of onboard footage in the night of Davidson in the Peugeot trying to run down the 2nd place Audi.

Here is part of it although it doesn't have the Eurosport commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AJ1urcnYe0
Old 7 Dec 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3176122)   #481
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Here is a video celebrating Rebellion's splendid efforts at Le Mans this year that I stumbled across on another site. Possibly a repost so apologies if so but a stirring and very emotive soundtrack coupled with some wonderful vision. This is by far one of the best videos celebrating Le Mans in some time in my personal experience.

http://vimeo.com/45426278#

That first two and a half minutes-wow what a leadup and the last bit with the crew-awesome.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3176556)   #482
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Really excellent - and a great emotional soundtrack too - love it
Old 8 Dec 2012, 16:35 (Ref:3176557)   #483
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
I love watching the Eurosport footage of the 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans from around 10-11 hours left.

They had a lot of onboard footage in the night of Davidson in the Peugeot trying to run down the 2nd place Audi.

Here is part of it although it doesn't have the Eurosport commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AJ1urcnYe0

Does that car sound remarkably 'agricultural' to you???
Old 8 Dec 2012, 19:06 (Ref:3176615)   #484
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
908 always sounded to me like a Peugeot Partner going up the hill
Old 8 Dec 2012, 20:06 (Ref:3176632)   #485
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Nope, the second 908 is definitely among the best sounding LMPs ever..sounded great from the outside as well. I actually miss this sound.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3176669)   #486
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some more hillclimb madness here. Do not try this at home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJGiB5KWY3M
Old 9 Dec 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3176747)   #487
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
Nope, the second 908 is definitely among the best sounding LMPs ever..sounded great from the outside as well. I actually miss this sound.

Hmmm, next to a McLaren F1 or a Toyota TS010, it rather pales.....
Old 9 Dec 2012, 13:09 (Ref:3176787)   #488
SpikerJack
Racer

Italy
SpikerJack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is just speechless.. Jump at around 3:45 min!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_YDsucU2Hs
Old 10 Dec 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3177017)   #489
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Cannot agree with that, they sounded like a transit with a cylinder down. At least the R18 is quiet enough that all you can hear is the tyre noise and wind rush, but the Pug's sound could cut through that.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3177106)   #490
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
R18 actually sounds quite nice and meaty during onboard shots. http://youtu.be/Dvob6L4dUGc
Old 10 Dec 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3177242)   #491
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpSTW...ature=g-high-u

More than 1h Onboard Video VLN Championship 2011 Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
Old 10 Dec 2012, 19:30 (Ref:3177256)   #492
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Good fun - thanks Walter
Old 11 Dec 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3177697)   #493
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Hang on here . Have you ever seen one of these drive in real life ?

May sound better from the inside , perhaps ..... but it certainly doesnt sound like anything that would get me interested in sportscar racing , ever .

Are you a kartoffel bauer by any chance ..... you can take the boy outta the farm , but you cant take the farm outta the boy !!!

Kinda sounds like some people have forgotten what a race engine should sound like ..... and diesel doesnt cut it ..... at all , ever .
Old 12 Dec 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3177929)   #494
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Hang on here . Have you ever seen one of these drive in real life ?

May sound better from the inside , perhaps ..... but it certainly doesnt sound like anything that would get me interested in sportscar racing , ever .

Are you a kartoffel bauer by any chance ..... you can take the boy outta the farm , but you cant take the farm outta the boy !!!

Kinda sounds like some people have forgotten what a race engine should sound like ..... and diesel doesnt cut it ..... at all , ever .
Yes I`ve seen it race in real life several times and yes I like the sound.

I really don't see the problem here, there were tons of "traditional-sounding" cars on track as well so there's something for everyone. It's all about variety now, isn't it?
Old 12 Dec 2012, 09:53 (Ref:3177935)   #495
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Horses for courses, I guess - we like what we like!
Old 12 Dec 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3177962)   #496
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikerJack View Post
This is just speechless.. Jump at around 3:45 min!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_YDsucU2Hs
Beautifull mate. Thanks.
Old 13 Dec 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3178305)   #497
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Half hour highlights from BPR Monza 1995. Not finding a lot of BPR stuff like this so good to come across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00sajnnokU

I'd be rapt if I could find some races from FIA GT 1997, I see the A1 Ring race is on youtube.
Old 13 Dec 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3178311)   #498
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTfour View Post
Beautifull mate. Thanks.
Now that is what you call a race engine !!!cheers
Old 13 Dec 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3178317)   #499
Tzyghan
Rookie

Poland
Rzeszów
Tzyghan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Half hour highlights from BPR Monza 1995. Not finding a lot of BPR stuff like this so good to come across.

I'd be rapt if I could find some races from FIA GT 1997, I see the A1 Ring race is on youtube.
McLaren vs. Ferrari F40. Good, old days...
Old 13 Dec 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3178368)   #500
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

That DeTomasso Pantera was a lovely sounding machine . Shame they never got in competitive in that series . I saw it at Le Mans twice .