Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Jan 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3195434)   #526
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Group C Cars Spa Classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvBu1E2v6C4
Old 28 Jan 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3195470)   #527
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Thanks! Thought the C11 in-car video was great. Makes you realize how much harder the drivers had to work before paddle-shifters!
Old 29 Jan 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3195702)   #528
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What struck me about the C11 in-car footage was how good the visibility was. The top of the front wheel arches are about level with the base of the screen. In an Audi R18 the wheel arches extend about halfway up the screen. This must make it easier to crash into things in an R18. Things like Ferraris.

Look up both on Google images to see what I mean.
Old 2 Feb 2013, 23:40 (Ref:3198344)   #529
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
What struck me about the C11 in-car footage was how good the visibility was. The top of the front wheel arches are about level with the base of the screen. In an Audi R18 the wheel arches extend about halfway up the screen. This must make it easier to crash into things in an R18. Things like Ferraris.

Look up both on Google images to see what I mean.
Cars from different times with different regs. Its interesting to see the difference between the two cars and how the front running prototypes have developed over a couple of decades.

Heres a time lapse video of Audi preparing 4 Grand AM Audi R8s for Daytona recently. At Brad Kettler's workshop nonetheless..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zkyJL7lsrU4
Old 2 Feb 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3198345)   #530
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Helsinki FIA GT 1997 first lap-what a shame there isnt much video of this season around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlwCIpvdya4

Awesome sounds
Old 3 Feb 2013, 01:30 (Ref:3198362)   #531
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
the GT1 Nissan GTR 35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_wr4SFrvZo

doubt anyone will find better sounding downshifting at the end of the Vid, If only the Kelly Brothers car will sound half as good as this..
Old 3 Feb 2013, 03:14 (Ref:3198374)   #532
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
the GT1 Nissan GTR 35 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_wr4SFrvZo

doubt anyone will find better sounding downshifting at the end of the Vid, If only the Kelly Brothers car will sound half as good as this..
I can only hope! Great vid-awesome sounds and it was shot at Spa.

Heres a Corvette C6R vid from Spa too-it sounds like the gates of hell are opening

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ00AHZ2rM0
Old 3 Feb 2013, 06:59 (Ref:3198405)   #533
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say the Corvette to me sounds far better than the GTR GT1 downshifting, nothing like a big cube racing V8
Old 12 Feb 2013, 21:49 (Ref:3203736)   #534
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahsub View Post
Since a few of us have been posting some videos from here and there, I thought it would be fun to make a compilation of some of the great videos hanging around the net.

Some have probably seen this video, but I stumbled across it on youtube. It's a video of the mulsanne straight from the 88' 24 hours of lemans. It is just an amazing 5 minute experience.

Enjoy
Re-posting this because the original conked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcj9DVAM6eY
Old 12 Feb 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3203758)   #535
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well done Mike. I remember that footage well - one of my favourite Le Mans films. Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter whether racing cars make a noise or not should listen to this......
Old 12 Feb 2013, 22:42 (Ref:3203768)   #536
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well done Mike. I remember that footage well - one of my favourite Le Mans films. Anyone who thinks it doesn't matter whether racing cars make a noise or not should listen to this......
Agreed!
Old 12 Feb 2013, 23:33 (Ref:3203785)   #537
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Pretty cool video of Cytosport's HPD on a rig

http://youtu.be/9Ej-meauL94
Old 14 Feb 2013, 10:59 (Ref:3204555)   #538
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Helsinki FIA GT 1997 first lap-what a shame there isnt much video of this season around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlwCIpvdya4

Awesome sounds
I remember thinking those Fina McLaren's were just the most beautiful things I'd ever seen when I saw them at Silverstone when I was nine.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3207202)   #539
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
didn't know Camry's could sound like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNTwJsLMVDk
Old 19 Feb 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3207486)   #540
Mike E
Veteran

Mark Blundell's Le Mans 1990 pole lap in the Nissan R90CK. Looks almost undriveable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ECE3oT-Z8
Old 23 Feb 2013, 11:40 (Ref:3209503)   #541
Mike E
Veteran

Can-Am. When too much is not enough.
And what a lovely track Road America is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kPGOpC0LlQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DN4BUBF_Xo
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3210497)   #542
somebodysb2
Racer

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
somebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsomebodysb2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCBmjzwNtc
From a while back: Nationally homologated Super 2000 Auris @The Ring.

Same team (Yaco) is now running the Camaro GT3 in ADAC GT.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 22:14 (Ref:3211365)   #543
Mike E
Veteran

Here is an updated version of the video that started this thread, 20 years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wM7k6rksf8
Old 26 Feb 2013, 22:40 (Ref:3211378)   #544
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Man, that is sooooooooooooooooooo good!!!! The low camera-angle really makes it.

IMO, that's easily the closest you will ever get on film to actually being there. And with all due respect to my pal Trussers, when you have 'sweet music' like that, who needs someone talking over it.......?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 26 Feb 2013 at 22:46.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3211395)   #545
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
deggis4 4 years ago
Why the track personnel doesn't get some professional audio equipment and record this? I'd buy that on dvd.
Old 27 Feb 2013, 21:57 (Ref:3211864)   #546
ep16
Rookie

ep16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My personal favourite video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Mw_m6Vngw
Old 27 Feb 2013, 22:08 (Ref:3211870)   #547
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Footage of Oulton Park when you could get a little closer to the action....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5II8TjgSXSQ
Old 27 Feb 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3211918)   #548
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Mark Blundell's Le Mans 1990 pole lap in the Nissan R90CK. Looks almost undriveable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1ECE3oT-Z8
One of my favourite onboards. Technology has really ruined the excitement of onboards: powersteering makes it look so effortless, thanks to traction control there is barely any opposite lock moments and of course the actual gear shifting action has been gone for years. And with diesels, there isn't much to hear either. (Also the old cameras shaked a lot more, creating better sense of speed.)

On top of this, ACO has a fetish for the boring windscreen onboard camera angles that doesn't even show the damn steering wheel. Or maybe it is better that we can't see it, since it would look so uninspiring anyway.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 04:06 (Ref:3212050)   #549
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Times change bud. We don't live in that age anymore. Things have to move forward, that means paddle shifters and traction control. What's crazy about those cars is how early they brake compared to the current LMP's. Tires definitely have gotten better as has braking. Of course they aren't traveling as quick on the straights either.
Old 28 Feb 2013, 17:45 (Ref:3212342)   #550
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post

On top of this, ACO has a fetish for the boring windscreen onboard camera angles that doesn't even show the damn steering wheel. Or maybe it is better that we can't see it, since it would look so uninspiring anyway.
That is most likely at manufacturer request in the factory cars, they don't want the steering wheel readouts to be visible on screen.