Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Nov 2010, 13:11 (Ref:2791571)   #51
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, well I'm not too clever. I have the CSCC draft calendar for the year ahead but I have no idea how to input them to the calendar.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2791582)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can't, I can.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2791586)   #53
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
You can't, I can.
Peter, can you put my wedding anniversary up please, so I don't forget
Old 16 Nov 2010, 13:47 (Ref:2791600)   #54
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!

Good going Peter, although all the new threads confused me for a second or two! According to Legends 2011 Portimao festival is October 22nd to 23rd (although would expect Friday 21st as well). All their other meetings you have.

Old 16 Nov 2010, 13:58 (Ref:2791604)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll spend a bit of time on it tonight. You'll notice a thread appears for each event. Those that are duplicates due to current discussion, I suggest we close, however those that are new (i.e. not being discussed, we could leave open so that as the event gets nearer, all a poster need do is click on the calendar post and it'll open the thread.

If John agrees we could at least try that.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 14:04 (Ref:2791609)   #56
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How, pray tell, does a 'not very computer literate' person, with grey hair, find the calender?

Many thanks.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2791616)   #57
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
How, pray tell, does a 'not very computer literate' person, with grey hair, find the calender?
I didn't like to ask

I guess we need a help desk staffed with 12 year olds?
Old 16 Nov 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2791617)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Look at the top of the historic racing today forum, you'll see a calendar page with a 1 on it. Click on that.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 14:15 (Ref:2791619)   #59
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Look at the top of the historic racing today forum, you'll see a calendar page with a 1 on it. Click on that.
ooooooh Mr Mallett - you're sooooo clever.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 14:24 (Ref:2791623)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'll spend a bit of time on it tonight. You'll notice a thread appears for each event. Those that are duplicates due to current discussion, I suggest we close, however those that are new (i.e. not being discussed, we could leave open so that as the event gets nearer, all a poster need do is click on the calendar post and it'll open the thread.

If John agrees we could at least try that.
Peter, any chance if threads are left 'on' of editing the titles down a bit? Presume times shown are a result of the calendar input and automatically included?

OK, see latest thread does not include!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 16 Nov 2010 at 14:28. Reason: Addition
Old 16 Nov 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2791624)   #61
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AH HA! EUREKA!!!!!!!! FOUND IT. Sorry it took so long - everything seems to take me ages now!
Old 16 Nov 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2791644)   #62
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
.... Sorry it took so long - everything seems to take me ages now!
As in so many things in life.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2791649)   #63
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
CSCC dates added.

Can someone rationaslise the CER/Flav etc.code that John R uses please? I have little clue about what he's saying so if the events and races can be translated I'll plug them in too.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 15:36 (Ref:2791664)   #64
SAMD
Veteran

Quote:
CSCC dates added.

Can someone rationaslise the CER/Flav etc.code that John R uses please? I have little clue about what he's saying so if the events and races can be translated I'll plug them in too.

Are you not up to speed with Johns abreviations. I think you have to go with the flow a bit there.

Just pretend its your geography class and the teacher is scribbling away like mad on the blackboard. You dont have a clue what he is going on about but you copy everything down anyway.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2791673)   #65
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am bu'ggered if I can find the calender all I see is the whole front page of thrads on every CSCC race...
Old 16 Nov 2010, 16:28 (Ref:2791684)   #66
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hmm,

go to the historic racing todsay forum front page and look for the icon (a page with a "1" on it). Click on that.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2791694)   #67
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
brilliant - thanks Peter that is really good lets hope everyone populates it
Old 16 Nov 2010, 16:45 (Ref:2791696)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Afraid only mods can populate it. I'll try to add more over the next few days. Keep plugging them in here and I'll hopefully capture them. As explained the threads will dropoff the page if nobody posts in them. But they are there for when the even happens.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2791740)   #69
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Peter you must be the only person who is involved with Historic Racing that does not know Flav/Ness run GTSCC series.One of the best GT series and Italian Race thing .Italian Made cars.Looking at the threads today you obviously have Masters covered but suppose you would know if I talked about the Ron/Christopher show.
Old 17 Nov 2010, 01:49 (Ref:2791947)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Fair comment John. I always like to make sure I've got the correct connection.

As to Masters I suspect I would be able to decipher that code.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 07:17 (Ref:2792460)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm supposed to be on holiday today but I came in for a meeting only to find, I'm Johnny no mates! I've been through this thread and I think I've picked everything up. Can someone check the calendar to make sure it is all captured so far please?

Also keep posting the events as they arise. I may get the HSCC calendar next week and I could use the AMOC, MGCC and CTCRC calendars too.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 07:43 (Ref:2792467)   #72
SAMD
Veteran

You're on a roll man!
Old 18 Nov 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2792475)   #73
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Like prawns and mayo.
Old 18 Nov 2010, 09:30 (Ref:2792503)   #74
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great stuff, Peter. I'm feeling superfluous!
Old 18 Nov 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2792749)   #75
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm supposed to be on holiday today but I came in for a meeting only to find, I'm Johnny no mates! I've been through this thread and I think I've picked everything up. Can someone check the calendar to make sure it is all captured so far please?

Also keep posting the events as they arise. I may get the HSCC calendar next week and I could use the AMOC, MGCC and CTCRC calendars too.
Peter - The HSCC have today posted their provisional timetable on their website, under News

Tags
historic motorsport, masters racing