Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Oct 2004, 23:23 (Ref:1141662)   #26
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Are these Liasons a good idea really, (TKR and PMM)? I remember a similar tie-up with Larry Perkins a while back and THAT didnt work out at all well. After all, PMM and TKR are RIVALS on track.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 23:45 (Ref:1141679)   #27
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BAZzzzz c
Are these Liasons a good idea really, (TKR and PMM)? I remember a similar tie-up with Larry Perkins a while back and THAT didnt work out at all well. After all, PMM and TKR are RIVALS on track.
It was GRM, and it was foisted on TKR by Holden, yes it was a dismal failure because the car supplied was a "woof woof" (Nothing personal my four legged friends). A PMM TKR alignment IMHO would be good for both teams, given that they are both single car level 2 teams. Could be wrong, and until it is confirmed or denied I guess we will all have to wait
Old 2 Nov 2004, 05:13 (Ref:1142576)   #28
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thanks EVO. Sorry, You are right of course, Twas GRM, my mistake.
Anything that will help us (TKR) get further up that ol'tree will be good of course so lets hope it works out. With regard to the canine connection, I suppose that it could happen again (but the trick is for PMM to get the dog.lol.
Did anybody notice, last year that the PMM car and the TKR car with the vodphone bonnet started to look strikingly similar? Thank Dog that we have returned to the ALL black car. Much more striking. STILL awaiting news of the 2005 Line-up too.
Cheers
Old 2 Nov 2004, 08:38 (Ref:1142653)   #29
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
It was GRM, and it was foisted on TKR by Holden, yes it was a dismal failure because the car supplied was a "woof woof" (Nothing personal my four legged friends). A PMM TKR alignment IMHO would be good for both teams, given that they are both single car level 2 teams. Could be wrong, and until it is confirmed or denied I guess we will all have to wait
Baz is actually right, but he is going a long way back to when one of the Perkins TKR cars had a Bathurst shunt, courtesy of Foggy or Jason.

The car went back to Perkins to get fixed and seemed to get "stored" in a repaired state in one of Larry's many sheds for a while. It even featured in the background of a picture of Larry in Motorsport News.
Old 2 Nov 2004, 09:23 (Ref:1142677)   #30
105octane
Veteran

105octane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR bought cars off Larry too and did their engines.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 01:58 (Ref:1143486)   #31
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Anzac technical partnership in V8 Supercars

Borrowed from http://www.v8supercars.com.au

An Australian and a New Zealand team in the V8 Supercar Championship team have cast aside traditional Trans-Tasman sporting rivalry and formed an ANZAC alliance for technical development of their Holden Commodore race cars.

Gold Coast-based Paul Morris Motorsports and Team Kiwi Racing, New Zealand's only team in the championship, announced their technical partnership today.

TKR will move their operations and staff from Melbourne and will soon be based alongside PMM's Sirromet Wines-sponsored team in their workshop and V8 Supercar manufacturing premises at the Holden Performance Driving Centre.

"We are both single-car teams, so instead of doing separate things this joining of finances and staff to assist with the technical development simply makes logical sense," said TKR boss David John.

"It will bolster the chances of both teams running inside the top 10 on a regular basis next season, and be in the best possible position to win races."

PMM owner and driver Paul Morris said the two teams would test together at Queensland Raceway near Ipswich, but the partnership would allow both to retain their own identities, staff, franchises, tools and equipment, including separate engines, gear boxes, rims and tyres.

"Aussies and Kiwis have a strong rivalry in any sport, and V8 Supercars is no exception," said Morris.

"Both our teams will remain rivals when we're racing, but by joining up for testing and pooling our budgets and technical resources it will speed up development which means better performance on the track for both cars."

TKR entered the championship in the 2000 Bathurst 1000 race. This year the team purchased a PMM-built chassis and then claimed their first pole position in the round at Winton in Victoria.

PMM joined the championship in 2000, and the following year Morris won the round at Calder Park in Victoria. Since 2001 they have designed and built their own cars under the guidance of Technical Manager Paul Ceprnich. This year Morris has qualified for the Top 10 Shoot Out at four rounds.

"We have worked closely with PMM over the last season, and are excited at the potential of this new association," said John.

"TKR have already purchased a new PMM chassis for 2005 along with two Holden Motorsport engines that will be developed as part of this new relationship prior to the start of the 2005 season."

"Paul (Morris) and his team have very impressive manufacturing facilities and the cars they are now building are clearly 'state-of-the-art'."

The PMM manufacturing process includes utilising Computer Aided Design-Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD-CAM) technology, a new $220,000 Haas Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine, fabrication area with flat plate, an engine room and dyno, offices for technical engineers to draw and design, and a race shop and car assembly area.

Morris said a bonus of the association was providing added impetus to the new V8 Super School, which was launched in October and is also located at the Holden Performance Driving Centre.

The V8 Super School packages offer tours of the on-site V8 Supercar workshop and manufacturing facilities, as well as opportunities to drive or ride as a passenger in race-replica V8 cars around the Holden Performance Driving Centre track.

"There are thousands of New Zealand tourists visiting the Gold Coast on a regular basis, so all the Team Kiwi fans can now come here and have a look around the workshop and see how the car is built and maintained," said Morris.

There will also be Team Kiwi merchandise on sale at the Holden Performance Driving Centre.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 02:32 (Ref:1143500)   #32
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds like a good deal for both.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 04:52 (Ref:1143528)   #33
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has broken on foxsport

Kiwi V8s cross Tasman

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23210,00.html
Old 3 Nov 2004, 05:16 (Ref:1143529)   #34
105octane
Veteran

Unbelievable!
Old 3 Nov 2004, 05:41 (Ref:1143532)   #35
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Very smart move for both parties if i do say so myself.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 05:55 (Ref:1143535)   #36
Tracy
Veteran

New Zealand
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Tracy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
Very smart move for both parties if i do say so myself.
Hi All

Sounds good to me too - anything that will help TKR get further up the grid sounds great to me
Old 3 Nov 2004, 07:00 (Ref:1143552)   #37
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Be interesting to see how long before the "Kiwi" is replaced by "insert your sponsors team name here".
Old 3 Nov 2004, 07:03 (Ref:1143553)   #38
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
You guys supply the technology and we will bring along some sheep.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 07:18 (Ref:1143554)   #39
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Would be great if that was the case as this would see the team move forward at a million miles an hour and have similar funding to many of the other teams in the Championship.

Funds plus the PMM technical relationship = very strong Kiwi team.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1143595)   #40
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey there Evo.Its me.And the kiwi part of the team is?????Apart from Martin of course
Old 3 Nov 2004, 09:20 (Ref:1143632)   #41
105octane
Veteran

Could be TKMR though eh!
Old 3 Nov 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1144167)   #42
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have to agree with you Keener. Would love to see more than a hot Laps car in NZ. TKR was designed as a vechicle to bring through NZ talent in both engineering and Drivers but I no longer see that. I think that yes the Team is better off with an allience like this but is NZ? Also is PWR going to start calling themselves a NZ team now they have a NZ Driver with an Aussie ownwer and crew + a hot laps Car in NZ cause they have as much NZ content as TKR
Old 3 Nov 2004, 19:46 (Ref:1144169)   #43
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Keener
Hey there Evo.Its me.And the kiwi part of the team is?????Apart from Martin of course
Why do you keep going on about Mr John being Australian???? He chooses to live here! Get over it! He could choose to live in Oz and save on airfares but he doesn't. If you must know, Martin Collins, Mike Sentch, Barry Jones, Gene Rollinson are all kiwis. So all but one are "true" kiwis, hmmmmmmmm
Old 3 Nov 2004, 20:25 (Ref:1144201)   #44
flyingduck
Veteran

Wow Evo you forgot the most important the sponsors cause we all know the only reason you will stay as Team Kiwi is to keep the outstanding marketing effort going you have with the KIWI brand
Old 3 Nov 2004, 21:17 (Ref:1144247)   #45
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A thought for you Evo.Nothing to do with David just everything is now Aussie based and from what I read here a lot of good things have happened for the team.As you supporters always harp on about magnificent efforts with lack of funds etc and given your views that corporate NZ has not been overly accommodating with sponsorship funds would it not be better to drop the Kiwi thing and pursue $ from a corporate market which in Australia is 500 quizillion times bigger and possibly more attuned to supercar sponsorship as a marketing medium?
Old 3 Nov 2004, 21:20 (Ref:1144249)   #46
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
flyingduck firstly i am an independent accountant who supports the efforts of TKR regardless if they are called TKR of Billy Brown Racing.

Secondly you should read the following which may enlighten you on the support TKR has provided not only Kiwi drivers but Kiwi crew members as well over the last four years.

In addition to clarify for both yourself flyingduck and Mr Keener, the Kiwi part of TKR is as follows:

Mr Collins is from Auckland, Mr Mike Sentch from Christchurch, Mr Barry Jones from Auckland, Kane Glensor from Auckland, Gene Rollinson from Auckland and Mr Hayden Woods is from Hamilton who is the only one of the above who is part time on race weekends.

In short all are Kiwis and either based in New Zealand and or with the team in Melbourne and all are Kiwi's that TKR have provided the opportunity to step up to the V8 Supercar Championship.

As for Mr John he has lived in New Zealand for 7 years and I know he has no plans not to continue doing so as he also has family here.

So as you can see the Kiwi part of team is the staff, the sponsors and the many supporters around the country who give TKR credit for having the balls to step up to the plate back in 2000 and provide both the local motorsport arena with a much needed injection of life and NZ's first ever V8 Supercar team, not to mention the years of promoting the sport around the country at the teams own cost on numerous occassions which has assited in a small way to benefit the whole motorsport arena in NZ currently.

As for not providing up and coming opportunities for Kiwi drivers you are way off the mark flyingduck.

Remember some of the names such as Jason Richards, Angus Fogg, John McIntyre, Andy Booth,

All the above drivers plus others have been supported by TKR and the teams sponsors previously but many have shown TKR and the teams sponsors a lack of loyalty and therefore are not being considered for the current seat in the teams V8 Supercar that otherwise would have been there for the taking by either Booth and or McIntyre as we speak.

TKR have already confirmed months ago they will be back in the NZ V8 Touring Car Championship next year but firstly a Kiwi driver needs to put his hand up that the team and sponsors think is worthy of investing their sponsorship dollars into and a person that will be able to make the step up to the V8 Supercar level in the future not just dominate the local V8 Series.

Mr Keener and flyingduck if you wish to continue bagging the guys at TKR why dont you step up with the funds to buy TKR out and do it your way and all the problems of the world will obviously be sorted once and for all.

Oh and by the way there are three new Kiwi staff members joining the current TKR crew members at the begining of the 2005 season to ensure TKR have the right staff level in place to maximise the potential of the new technical partnership with PMM.

Again this highlights TKR's committment to providing opportunities for Kiwi's even if that means that TKR need to take time to train some of the new staff up in place of providing the same position to an Australian who has grown up with V8 Supercars in his back yard.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 21:36 (Ref:1144264)   #47
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funny that there was no news on the driver for next year. I thought Radisish had got the drive.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 21:42 (Ref:1144270)   #48
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by nicko
Funny that there was no news on the driver for next year. I thought Radisish had got the drive.
It's only rumoured Nicko, nothing has been announced. I am sure that when a decision is made, if it hasn't been made already, it will be announced. Until then I am as in the dark as you are.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 22:16 (Ref:1144293)   #49
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Evomike.....coming out of the closet....

Rattie must be the favourite, although given the situation of another prolific poster on TKR issues, one may assume that others feel or hope that they still have a chance
Old 3 Nov 2004, 22:57 (Ref:1144324)   #50
flyingduck
Veteran

Every cent that you spend on membership goes to help offset the $600,000 a year it costs Team Kiwi Racing to stay based in New Zealand.
The $600,000 helps to offset the cost of the exchange rate between NZ and AUS, the international flights that the team has to make to every race meeting and testing sessions they do in Australia while remaining true to their roots here in New Zealand

I wonder how TKR members feel now this still apears on the web site