Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 3 Nov 2004, 23:04 (Ref:1144329)   #51
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sorry, am I thicker than normal this fine day? Please explain your point Flyingduck.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1144339)   #52
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR ask for people to join there VIP club which I know a few members from they tell people that people join to help keep the roots of the team in NZ and base it here but now this no longer happens yet the team is still pandering for members on this pretense.
Old 3 Nov 2004, 23:51 (Ref:1144366)   #53
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am with you BAZzzzz c

The move to Queensland is no different to how TKR have opperated for the last four years flyingduck with the exception they will move the teams V8 Supercar cars, trucks and equipment etc from Victoria to Queensland.

The TKR Head office is still in New Zealand as it has been for the last four years since they started.

All the phone calls for TKR are answered, all accounts and paperwork are handled and all sponsorship and admin duties are handled from this facility in New Zealand as well as being the place Mr John, Mr Collins, Mr Rollinson and the teams sponsors all work from, meet at and or use as the teams base on a daily basis.

In addition the VIP TKR Club Membership has to assit with the team remaining based in New Zealand as there is an exchange rate difference of 10% on average between the AUS Dollar and the New Zealand Dollar.

So we are clear on this point flyingduck $50,000 New Zealand Dollars is probably only worth $45,000 Australian if i use the 10% exchange difference between the two currencies, so the VIP Club Membership does do exactly what TKR say it does. These funds help TKR remain based in NZ and true to their founding principals.

End result TKR are 100% correct with what they say and have remained based in New Zealand and provided plenty of opportunites for up and coming V8 Supercar drivers and crew members over the last four years of which i know is still their intentions to contiue doing in the future.

I suppose you are going to say that when TKR run in the NZ Championship next year and give yet another Kiwi driver the opportunity as well as in the Austraian V8 Supercar Championship and are still working out of the same Auckland office as they are today that they are still not based in New Zealand.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 00:09 (Ref:1144378)   #54
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Thanks for the explanation Flyingduck. Didnt think there were still folk that thought quite like you do. I and many others dont actually take the 'sales pitch'for things like the VIP membership as gospel, We just KNOW that ALL of the funds supplied by Sponsors and fans alike go for the same general purpose. AND of course, being a Member gives us just that little bit more access to the inner workings of this Mighty Team.and also gives the Beancounters for the team, just a hint of an idea of what can be relied on at a certain time of year. (Subs)
If you were to run a Business, you would soon learn that you cant 'earmark'specific funds for specific things, much as that would be the ideal.you have to struggle and Juggle what does come in and apply it to the next most important thing. Swings and roundabouts stuff and we have to do it all the time. Surely you didnt seriously think that membership funds went into an Air NZ envelope for the next time they needed to catch a plane. LOL You must be pulling our legs.

And THANKS EVO. Your command of the situation sure helps when education is needed by our 'lame ducks
Old 4 Nov 2004, 00:09 (Ref:1144379)   #55
flyingduck
Veteran

Evo it's great to hear that the team is going to be involved in the championship next year. It was a loss to NZ motorsport having them not here racing this year I'm sure even you would agree that I hate seeing a driver swap to another team and take the #1 with him. My question is who is in Australia looking after the car there or is it all done by PMM. Also I note that you have brought new engines and chassis are the team going to get the exact same specs as PMM or are they going to give you the second tier of development that just that one little step behind. Also when do you think that a driver will be announced for the team and is holden coming on board to support the team.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 00:14 (Ref:1144383)   #56
flyingduck
Veteran

Bazzz C this Lame duck loves to wind up the likes of our poor Evo and Ms Bright I suppose that a website feature that I don't think has been updated in a long time considering it was suggesting that there maybe a tour to support the NZ V8 team around NZ this year would be fully correct but some times when you throw out the fishing line you some times snag an eel as well as a fish
Old 4 Nov 2004, 03:49 (Ref:1144422)   #57
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
You bet Flyer and I can concur on the out of date website. Just too much else to do by this small band of intrepid Motormen. What we need is somebody adept at webwork to lend a hand in keeping it current
Hey, and I KNOW about wind-ups, I too like to play devils advovcate if it's getting a little lazy or one sided on here.
As regards the eels, I would EXOECT you to reel em in from (flying) up there.!!
Good vibes FB
Old 4 Nov 2004, 03:52 (Ref:1144423)   #58
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evo thanks for the explanation.I now understand that there is a lot more kiwi in the team that what I thought.I have trouble with your view that I continually bag your team as I dont believe that to be the case I just choose to ask questions which in turn you have adequately answered.If I were to go back through your numerous posts I am sure I could find many examples of team bagging as opposed to questioning.But anyway once again back to the original question.Do you feel the Aussie market would hold more sponsorship opportunities or are you convinced that sufficient funds will flow from corporate NZ?

Last edited by Mr Keener; 4 Nov 2004 at 03:54.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 03:53 (Ref:1144424)   #59
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
FD
Old 4 Nov 2004, 09:16 (Ref:1144552)   #60
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Keener
Evo thanks for the explanation.I now understand that there is a lot more kiwi in the team that what I thought.I have trouble with your view that I continually bag your team as I dont believe that to be the case I just choose to ask questions which in turn you have adequately answered.If I were to go back through your numerous posts I am sure I could find many examples of team bagging as opposed to questioning.But anyway once again back to the original question.Do you feel the Aussie market would hold more sponsorship opportunities or are you convinced that sufficient funds will flow from corporate NZ?
Funds will flow better when Rattie is driving as he has profile on both sides of the Tasman!

.....Oooops, sorry Keener, no pun intended
Old 4 Nov 2004, 19:26 (Ref:1145008)   #61
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
Funds will flow better when Rattie is driving as he has profile on both sides of the Tasman!

.....Oooops, sorry Keener, no pun intended
JDI this is not the case, you appear to be misinformed, sadly for me my bean counting days over. After a test day at Pukekohe yesterday, I wowed the team with a sub 50 sec lap and got the big call up last night. Evomike is the new driver for TKR. My pulling power is much greater than Ratties and the big corporate $$$$ will now flow. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact my manager, Keener.
Old 4 Nov 2004, 20:05 (Ref:1145053)   #62
Mr Keener
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
The House of Keen
Mr Keener should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cool.Do you drink rumbos Evo??I might be able to get you sponsored
Old 4 Nov 2004, 23:31 (Ref:1145215)   #63
flyingduck
Veteran

EVO Hope that the car is a quick next year you will have to use the I didn't know that nos in the fire extingisher is not illegal. Or I didn't know what those wires did.
Old 5 Nov 2004, 07:42 (Ref:1145323)   #64
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Evomike
JDI this is not the case, you appear to be misinformed, sadly for me my bean counting days over. After a test day at Pukekohe yesterday, I wowed the team with a sub 50 sec lap and got the big call up last night. Evomike is the new driver for TKR. My pulling power is much greater than Ratties and the big corporate $$$$ will now flow. If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact my manager, Keener.
Evo: Mate, sorry its taken me an age to get back to you - its been a phenomenally busy day, as I am sure you can appreciate.
Having had the fillies out at Pukekohe for more than a while watching for any NZV8 or Supercar operations turn up for testing - legal or Woomera-style - I think it is fair to assume that the Evo-legend is piping out a tube not meant for conversation.

Mate, the only thing that does a sub 50 second lap at Pukekohe is a kid on a PS2 playing V8 Supercars 2 or an IndyCar. Speculation says that the Evo won't fit in an IndyCar, so that only leaves one option.

Evo: I bet you a dozen Crownies that Rattie drives for TKR in 2005. The deal is as good as done. So if you want to keep dining on horse poos and barley straw whilst residing in a dark cupboard, then that it fine by me.
Rattie is alleged to have secured more than even Bairdo has at his "new/temporary" home at WPS. But rest assured, Rattie will do good things for TKR. Rattie will bolster the team due to his profile - and other "factors" that are alleged to occur - so wait and see and watch unfold dear Evo.

So for 2005, dear Egomike - ooopsk, mis-spelt(?) - I wish you well in the TKR seat. Bring your crowbar so you can lever Rattie out of the 021 seat.....as long as it's am 021 car
Old 5 Nov 2004, 07:57 (Ref:1145331)   #65
banditshideaway
Rookie

banditshideaway should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Just Do It! can you make up your mind you say here that The Rat is driving for TKR yet on 2005 V8 Entry List you reckon that The Rat is driving for Tasman. So which is or do you have no idea!!!
Old 5 Nov 2004, 08:10 (Ref:1145339)   #66
Just Do It!
Veteran

Well the Rat didn't test for Tasman, dear Banditshideaway. He is as good as signed at TKR. Just wait for an announcement any day now. The Rat is beyond testing for a team to prove his worth.

Accusing me of having no idea, well lets just say that the approach of summer is making the ice pretty damn thin

I can't tell you the whole story - we need to wait for what will be a first, and most likely a second, press release!

Mate, I can't spell, but it's going to happen!
Old 25 Nov 2004, 04:16 (Ref:1163448)   #67
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder when we'll hear anything about who's driving for TKR next year... hmmmm.

Old 25 Nov 2004, 05:18 (Ref:1163462)   #68
TKR#1
Rookie

New Zealand
TKR#1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's offical and confirmed..... we have The KIWI RAT.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 05:19 (Ref:1163463)   #69
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Confirmed the Rat has signed with TKR
Old 25 Nov 2004, 05:58 (Ref:1163473)   #70
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen the coverage on the news. Had the rat doing some laps round the new TKR base. Looks like Paul now owns part of the team and will move into a management role once he gives the driving away.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 06:06 (Ref:1163474)   #71
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nicko
... Looks like Paul now owns part of the team and will move into a management role once he gives the driving away.
That kinda makes sense for him eh? He is nearing the end of his career, and he is pretty switched on in the head, so he should make the move well when the time comes.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 06:12 (Ref:1163475)   #72
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
good news I guess.

I like the rat and think his potential has never been fullfilled in v8's.

I hope this move can change it
Old 25 Nov 2004, 06:23 (Ref:1163478)   #73
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
I would personally like to welcome the Rat to TKR, I think that this is a step in the right direction for both Paul and TKR. It will be fantastic to have them both heading in the same direction.
Old 25 Nov 2004, 07:12 (Ref:1163488)   #74
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He should go alrite. Any word on the rat pairing Morris in the enduro's ?
Old 25 Nov 2004, 07:20 (Ref:1163489)   #75
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Great idea if they could sort out sponsorship issues on each of the cars after all both Paul Radisich and Paul Morris will both know each other cars inside out as they are both starting the season with brand new identical cars.