Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Apr 2007, 10:18 (Ref:1883997)   #26
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lots of very clever techies in this thread, sorry if this is a bit off but whilst in Boston MA last week I was flicking through a book "NASCAR for Dummies" in book shop and came accross a bit that explained the difference between fuel injection and carburettors. It explained that fuel injection restricted the amount of fuel you get into the engine and carbs didn't, that was given as the reason they use carbs in NASCAR as it gives them more power.

This puzzled me, can someone here explain!!!
Old 5 Apr 2007, 12:14 (Ref:1884078)   #27
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
We ain't talking luxury race cars. SOUND, very very LOUD sound is a positive trait in sports cars.

How can you tell if your race exhaust is loud enough? When you crank over the motor it will set off at least 5 car alarms
i completely agree, as ive said in many other threads the most attractive thing for me is the sound of a race car with COMPLETELY straight exhaust pipes.

cars like the zytek 04S, courage LC70 mugen, creation CA06H, toyota TS020 and mercedes CLR just to name a few, these are all amazing sounding cars and do people really think that sound energy can power a car.

take away the sound and you are just taking the **** out of the fanbase of sportscar racing, imo turning your back on the die hard enthusiasts of a sport is very low as they are the main fan base for the sport.

AU the best way to tell how loud a race car is, is when it passes by at full chat, how much you have to raise your voice, if your shouting your head off and can barely hear one another still, the job is done.
Old 5 Apr 2007, 16:50 (Ref:1884283)   #28
neiltbag
Racer

United States
Petaluma, CA
neiltbag should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Riebe
I know exactly how a blower works whether mechanical or exhaust driven; son, I have literally forgotten more about this than you know as I studied it in school.

Get a book on automotive power systems and start reading, your ignorance is blatant.
Bob
One thing I like about this forum is that people are generally very respectful as well as being well-informed. However, pretty much every post I've ever read from this Bob Riebe fellow is argumentative and contrary to the more typical friendly tone you find here.

Bob, if you're so sure of your opinions, why are you here? Surely you don't need to hear (or apparently want to hear) what other sportscar racing fans have to say?
Old 5 Apr 2007, 21:52 (Ref:1884478)   #29
TRuss
Veteran

TRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTRuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First off. Asides from the term "noise pollution" an engine can make all the noise in the world and still produce low CO2. I'm sure the current IRL engines make quite a bit of it noise and have relatively low CO2 counts now that they run on bioethanol.

Secondly supercharging is supercharging. Whether it's a belt driven supercharger which is often referred to as a blower. Or an exhaust driven turbocharger and have also been referred to as blowers. Both are considered supercharging.

It is also a fact that turbocharged engines are generally quieter and more fuel effecient. Especially when compared to a belt driven supercharged engine.

There is no point in argueing over this.

As for the Audi. It's a well known fact that they only show their true speed when needed.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 05:03 (Ref:1884632)   #30
CorvetteC6R
Rookie

CorvetteC6R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltbag
One thing I like about this forum is that people are generally very respectful as well as being well-informed. However, pretty much every post I've ever read from this Bob Riebe fellow is argumentative and contrary to the more typical friendly tone you find here.

Bob, if you're so sure of your opinions, why are you here? Surely you don't need to hear (or apparently want to hear) what other sportscar racing fans have to say?

Bob has his views, I respect that. I think Bob favors the other sportscar series in the states. That is that.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 05:31 (Ref:1884639)   #31
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC6R
Bob has his views, I respect that. I think Bob favors the other sportscar series in the states. That is that.
You've got to be kidding!!! With the micro-managing mandated restrictive rules that sanctioning body has? And we all know how well rules are tolerated!!

But yes, Bob has his views.

L.P.
Old 6 Apr 2007, 05:37 (Ref:1884643)   #32
CorvetteC6R
Rookie

CorvetteC6R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never said I agreed, just respect that he prefers what he does, as do you and I.
Old 7 Apr 2007, 14:37 (Ref:1885453)   #33
Lusitano
Racer

Portugal
Barcelona
Lusitano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davehenrie

partner like Cummings or Catepillar