Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 12 Oct 2019, 21:36 (Ref:3933603)   #76
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Loving watching these guys fight through the traffic nose to tail.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3933606)   #77
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
I must say I've been slightly impressed by Wayne Taylor Racing Cadillac's effort to remain on the lead lap. They've been close to getting lapped a few times.
They haven't been close to getting lapped, not at the front but not just in front of the leaders outside of pit cycles. They're a bit off cycle but running 5th right now
Old 12 Oct 2019, 23:23 (Ref:3933623)   #78
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
They haven't been close to getting lapped, not at the front but not just in front of the leaders outside of pit cycles. They're a bit off cycle but running 5th right now
A lot has changed since, but when the Lexus caused the yellow, it saved the 10 from going a lap down to the 31. Was right on his tail.
Old 12 Oct 2019, 23:39 (Ref:3933629)   #79
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

I wish I had that power.

Besides I only repeated what Hindy said so it might not even be right
Still only those 2 caution periods. I'm currently laying in some hay with a scarecrow and my bourbon
Old 13 Oct 2019, 00:07 (Ref:3933639)   #80
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 13 Oct 2019, 01:11 (Ref:3933667)   #81
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had to miss a few hours ... looks like I missed some good green-flag racing. Pretty much caution-free since 5:30 .... and really good racing. (Bleekemolen or whoever it was who rammed the #96 BMW has earned some of my ire ... I want Auberlen to get his tie with Hi to my family at home.)
Old 13 Oct 2019, 01:23 (Ref:3933673)   #82
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Have not watched a single second of this race. Thought to check in anyway. Been in family outings with the kids literally all day long. We are in the heart of fall festival season and family Halloween parties. Seems like it’s been a great clean race with extended green. It has just been an awesome season. Looking forward to the replays of this one coming out.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 01:29 (Ref:3933674)   #83
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah .... I figure the race will be available at my convenience .... I am mostly using today to work off my regret for not being at the track.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 01:31 (Ref:3933675)   #84
Maelochs
Veteran

Ugh .... not a yellow ... please.

Snot.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 01:42 (Ref:3933679)   #85
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Ugh .... not a yellow ... please.

Snot.
For 63 Ferrari being stuck in gravel. This would be a good case for code 60 which imsa should adopt for debris and stalled car situations.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 01:52 (Ref:3933683)   #86
Maelochs
Veteran

Oi.

Mustang Sampling breaks, Mazda gets electrical problems.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 01:54 (Ref:3933684)   #87
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Has the #5 got the beginning of brake problems? A lot of brake dust coming from the left front.
Took a while but it finally gave up. Very sad to see, the #5 had a great run
Old 13 Oct 2019, 02:36 (Ref:3933704)   #88
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
It all happened at turn 10a/b in the last hour.... Every year. Was there for last hour and half and saw it all play out. Wonder if Mazda would have broke without caution? Was doing fine until then. What was it that befell both of them,anyway? Fun race. Such a long stretch of green flag racing till last hour. Allowed some gaps to open up naturally.
Old 13 Oct 2019, 09:53 (Ref:3933894)   #89
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That GTD finish was spectacular. Felipe Fraga had looked like a loose cannon all day, I'm surprised he didn't bin it before running out of fuel.

Earlier in the race I thought he was going to send Toni Vilander into the trees.
Old 14 Oct 2019, 14:05 (Ref:3934378)   #90
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Still only those 2 caution periods. I'm currently laying in some hay with a scarecrow and my bourbon
You should post a pic....
Old 14 Oct 2019, 17:35 (Ref:3934415)   #91
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race coverage on NBCSN now so listening to that and the NBC stream. Sadly couldn't ever pick out the campsite from on-boards, they seem to always cut out just after the apex before you'd see us.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 01:41 (Ref:3934490)   #92
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
You should post a pic....
You mean like this?
Old 15 Oct 2019, 01:52 (Ref:3934492)   #93
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
For 63 Ferrari being stuck in gravel. This would be a good case for code 60 which imsa should adopt for debris and stalled car situations.
That was actually the highlight of the race for me. Yes they dropped the full course caution a little fast, but that car wasn't going anywhere on its own. However, the events that preceded and followed were great.

First Vilander made a bonehead move inside 10a and ended up in the grass. Then he tried to spin the Ferrari around quickly instead of looking where he was, and he put his rear wheels in the gravel!

Once the yellow came out, imsa didn't send the usual 3 safety vehicles to the scene. Instead, they only sent a pickup that was stashed at the inside of 10. It didn't wait for the safety car to corral the on track action but sped out in a gap. A few guys jumped out and pushed the Ferrari out instead of using the usual tow rope. Then they jumped back in the truck and shot through another gap in the traffic. It was beautiful to watch, and if regulations allowed on track intervention with a local yellow this would have been cleared up in no time.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 03:06 (Ref:3934507)   #94
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
You mean like this?
There they are!

Quote:
That was actually the highlight of the race for me. Yes they dropped the full course caution a little fast, but that car wasn't going anywhere on its own. However, the events that preceded and followed were great.

First Vilander made a bonehead move inside 10a and ended up in the grass. Then he tried to spin the Ferrari around quickly instead of looking where he was, and he put his rear wheels in the gravel!

Once the yellow came out, imsa didn't send the usual 3 safety vehicles to the scene. Instead, they only sent a pickup that was stashed at the inside of 10. It didn't wait for the safety car to corral the on track action but sped out in a gap. A few guys jumped out and pushed the Ferrari out instead of using the usual tow rope. Then they jumped back in the truck and shot through another gap in the traffic. It was beautiful to watch, and if regulations allowed on track intervention with a local yellow this would have been cleared up in no time.
I enjoyed this almost as much as watching you enjoy it. Still wish they could, in the rules, go with a quickie yellow. Tightening the field aside, it would have kept the same running order, but at least it would've kept the yellow period much shorter. Rules is rules...

Was the Porsche spin and continue after this as well? I watched the 20 min highlight reel and didn't see it.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 12:14 (Ref:3934655)   #95
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
There they are!

I enjoyed this almost as much as watching you enjoy it. Still wish they could, in the rules, go with a quickie yellow. Tightening the field aside, it would have kept the same running order, but at least it would've kept the yellow period much shorter. Rules is rules...

Was the Porsche spin and continue after this as well? I watched the 20 min highlight reel and didn't see it.

The point I guess is that we want the gaps between the cars to be preserved. These teams work hard over hours to build up gaps of 40-50 seconds nowadays. Hate to see a stalled car throw all of that away. Safety cars should only be used for crashes and inclement weather. Stalled cars and debris should be 'FCY'. The integrity of the endurance aspect of the race is more important than having a grandstand finish. I guess the one consolation is that the winners of the 3 classes would have been the same.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 12:31 (Ref:3934662)   #96
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
There they are!

Yes, he was not punted off track as far as the radio made it sound. Basically was slowed by not taking the racing line but continued on without much effort after he turned in on Pipo. It was both drivers being VERY poor at situational awareness, Pipo was trying to maintain his gap over 2nd and the Porsche was not racing anyone at the time. Allowing the pass in to the corner would not have impacted his gap meaningfully BUT Pipo probably could have also left the pass until he was out of 10B and used the Porsche as a bit of a blocker later, 11-12 possibly.
Old 15 Oct 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3934719)   #97
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yes, he was not punted off track as far as the radio made it sound. Basically was slowed by not taking the racing line but continued on without much effort after he turned in on Pipo. It was both drivers being VERY poor at situational awareness, Pipo was trying to maintain his gap over 2nd and the Porsche was not racing anyone at the time. Allowing the pass in to the corner would not have impacted his gap meaningfully BUT Pipo probably could have also left the pass until he was out of 10B and used the Porsche as a bit of a blocker later, 11-12 possibly.
I just know he got bumped just out of 10A, gassed it, spun around and drifted a bit through 10B, smoking the tires on the way out.

It was crazy town at 10A/B the last hour!
Old 15 Oct 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3934724)   #98
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
The point I guess is that we want the gaps between the cars to be preserved. These teams work hard over hours to build up gaps of 40-50 seconds nowadays. Hate to see a stalled car throw all of that away. Safety cars should only be used for crashes and inclement weather. Stalled cars and debris should be 'FCY'. The integrity of the endurance aspect of the race is more important than having a grandstand finish. I guess the one consolation is that the winners of the 3 classes would have been the same.
We? This has never really been as diabolical as some make it out to be, especially on "short circuits", in many forms of motor racing. However, my first comment at the time was "He's out of harms way. Leave him!"
Old 15 Oct 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3934787)   #99
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:
I just know he got bumped just out of 10A, gassed it, spun around and drifted a bit through 10B, smoking the tires on the way out.

It was crazy town at 10A/B the last hour!
It always is in the last hour! Was a big cheer there for the truck that came out and cleared the car as quick as it did. Was fun to watch. Seemed like no one wanted to win at the end there. Mazda, 5 axr, and 31 with whatever close call that was all happening at the end there.
Old 16 Oct 2019, 01:03 (Ref:3934820)   #100
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
What was the prize for being the first 1,969 people in the gates on Saturday?