Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 22 Mar 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3046788)   #26
Jameson
Racer

Jameson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelisB View Post
It's Bertrand Baguette if I'm not mistaking.
Correct.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3046826)   #27
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Toyota to win
Old 22 Mar 2012, 22:42 (Ref:3046844)   #28
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Toyota to win!

Racecars > Tractors

Toyota bring back the order to the universe the good ol days when people cooked on butane(TNG) , plowed fields with Diesel, and raced cars with petrol
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 23:45 (Ref:3046874)   #29
kober
Racer

kober should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Wheres the enrty list , timing and scoring , and all the other race info links ?
I did not expect that I won't be able to edit this thread once such an info becomes available.

Also, I've just noticed that there has been a thread on this topic started already. My apologise.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 08:54 (Ref:3046979)   #30
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kober View Post
I did not expect that I won't be able to edit this thread once such an info becomes available.

Also, I've just noticed that there has been a thread on this topic started already. My apologise.
Threads have been merged. Let's use this as pre race and we'll open a race thread with all the links for race week.......joeb or I will probably do that.
Old 24 Mar 2012, 07:51 (Ref:3047398)   #31
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOrGlory View Post
Any streaming? Dailymotion?
I have not seen it officially mentioned anywhere, but I would expect the official streaming to continue. But lets see if it improves from Sebring, because that was pathetic (the stream at fiawec.com, not the alms.com one).

Maybe this live timing will work again? http://livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/lms/
Old 24 Mar 2012, 09:28 (Ref:3047419)   #32
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone know if they have any plans to archive the WEC races like the ALMS do? Or is that too logical.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 08:16 (Ref:3049217)   #33
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure how this has been missed but the Spa entry list came out yesterday.

http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/...champs-wec.pdf

37 cars listed so far. Besides the already know add-ons such as the Toyota, 3rd and 4th Audis, and the Pescarolo Dome:

* Second car from Signatech, Pierre Ragues entered in second car.
* Second car for Kodewa-Lotus, Luca Moro moves to this car.
* Second OAK LMP2, with David Heinemeier Hansson on the entry.
* JMB adds an entry in GTE-Am with Manuel Rodrigues.
* Paul Daniels returns to the driver seat at JWA replacing Binnie.

No sign of Boutsen Ginion who I seem to recall claimed they were going to enter Spa in preparation for Le Mans.

Last edited by The359; 27 Mar 2012 at 08:24.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 08:34 (Ref:3049226)   #34
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
4th Audi is entered under Sport NA... just happens to be or is it because the dumb rule is still in the regs forcing to use this naming trickery? At least the rule now allows 3 cars for Le Mans, under the real team name.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3049228)   #35
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
3 cars maximum per team in the WEC. I believe the Audi NA car is actually not allowed to score points under the WEC rules as well.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 08:53 (Ref:3049236)   #36
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I was just about to edit since I was checking the sporting regs... but now this seems to make even less sense because Art. 39. b clearly says two.

Quote:
b) Entry in the Championship is for the season, which concerns all the Events registered on the calendar of the said Championship and is limited to two cars per group.
The pdf is the latest version available from fia.com (Feb 27).

I definitely don't object 3rd, 4th or whatever cars but it's just stupid to have a rule that they have no intention to actually enforce.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3049239)   #37
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
So Audi can bring 4 cars if they want. And there's nothing that would be done about it?
Old 27 Mar 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3049242)   #38
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Additional cars entered by a competitor registered for the LMP1 Manufacturers’ World Championship will only score points for the said championship if, through that entry, the number of cars entered by the competitor does not exceed that mentioned in Article 39. b) and Article 16. A. i).
16 A. i. simply states that the car has to meet LMP1 regulations, while 39 b states that the number of cars is limited to two. This means that the #3 and #4 Audis both are ineligible for points at Spa. There is nothing in the rules barring additional entries, just that the manufacturers/teams have to request these additional entries and be granted permission from the FIA.

However, for Le Mans...

Quote:
i) For the 24-Hour Event only, the manufacturers registered for the FIA World Endurance Championship for LMP1 Manufacturers may enter a 3rd car, which will be eligible to score points in the Manufacturers’ Championship.
So, once again, the #4 will not be eligible for points at Le Mans, but the #3 will be. This is why on the Le Mans entry list the #3 has a WEC logo next to it, while the #4 does not.

Note that this is all only for the Manufacturers Championship, and that any and all drivers of additional cars will still be earn points for the Drivers Championship.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3049247)   #39
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Now it's clear... the rules only govern the amount points scoring cars, not the amount of cars entered for races. That's the part I didn't get because of the sometimes hard to understand wording.

Still doesn't explain why the 4th car is under the NA banner? I guess it just is.

Last edited by deggis; 27 Mar 2012 at 09:19.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 09:15 (Ref:3049251)   #40
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Audi must have good reason to bring 4 cars with them. Maybe they're not underestimating Toyota and the Dome Pescarolo? Those HPD's should be quick, and Rebellion will have their new car as well! Wow. It'll be a great race.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 09:17 (Ref:3049253)   #41
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Audi must have good reason to bring 4 cars with them. Maybe they're not underestimating Toyota and the Dome Pescarolo? Those HPD's should be quick, and Rebellion will have their new car as well! Wow. It'll be a great race.
Practice for Le Mans.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3049260)   #42
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Still doesn't explain why the 4th car is under the NA banner? I guess it just is.
Consistency with the Le Mans entry list, where the #4 Audi also runs under the Audi Sport NA banner?
Old 27 Mar 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3049261)   #43
deggis
Veteran

Finland
But nothing forces it to be under that banner at LM either? (Unless the supplementary regs for LM has 3 cars per "group" rule)
Old 27 Mar 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3049269)   #44
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
IF the ELMS round at Zolder is canceled (no official word yet but rumors flying around) we can expect a couple more additions (Prospeed f.e.).
Old 27 Mar 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3049284)   #45
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
But nothing forces it to be under that banner at LM either? (Unless the supplementary regs for LM has 3 cars per "group" rule)
I would also think that Audi could just enter all 4 cars under the team Joest banner. The rules are a mess on this topic.

Maybe Audi is using the NA team name in Le Mans do distinguish between point scoring and non-point scoring cars?
Old 27 Mar 2012, 11:18 (Ref:3049328)   #46
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
37 car entry is of course nice on it's own but certainly disappointing since the last few years have provided absolutely sensational grids for this LM dress rehearsal... maybe if Zolder gets cancelled the ELMS will integrate itself with WEC again for the very last time, as quick-notice replacement round?
Old 27 Mar 2012, 12:43 (Ref:3049383)   #47
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I'll take 37 GOOD cars anyday, over 12 good entries, and 50 make weights...
Looks promising from what I see. Though it IS a shame that ELMS isn't run as part of things.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3049411)   #48
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I'll take 37 GOOD cars anyday, over 12 good entries, and 50 make weights...
Looks promising from what I see. Though it IS a shame that ELMS isn't run as part of things.
Completely agree with this!

Still think we will see a few last-minute additions to this instead of the usual last-minute withdrawals.
Old 27 Mar 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3049429)   #49
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
How do the points work?

If Audi finishes the races in positions 1 - 4 and Toyota finishes 5th do Toyota get WEC points for finishing 3rd 4th or 5th?
Old 27 Mar 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3049443)   #50
Prometheus
Rookie

Germany
Dortmund
Prometheus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
How do the points work?

If Audi finishes the races in positions 1 - 4 and Toyota finishes 5th do Toyota get WEC points for finishing 3rd 4th or 5th?
They would get 3rd place points in that case. All cars that aren't entered forthe full WEC are ignored, just like at Sebring.